Mafia XXIX: Borderlands II

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-05-2014, 02:58 PM
RE: Mafia XXIX: Borderlands II
(12-05-2014 01:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 01:15 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Haha don't worry, A2 is not playing in this game, the kids are just joking Tongue

It is a sacred tradition that stretches back to the rebirth of Mafia games. We all vote to lynch A2 day one whether he is playing or not.

I had moderating games simply because I don't get to vote to lynch A2.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-05-2014, 03:04 PM
(12-05-2014 02:58 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(12-05-2014 01:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is a sacred tradition that stretches back to the rebirth of Mafia games. We all vote to lynch A2 day one whether he is playing or not.

I hate moderating games simply because I don't get to vote to lynch A2.

Imagine how I felt the one time it happened during a game I was hosting?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
12-05-2014, 03:10 PM
(12-05-2014 03:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Imagine how I felt the one time it happened during a game I was hosting?

That was funny as hell. Big Grin

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
12-05-2014, 03:30 PM
So you all just want to sit back and wait to be picked off by the Mafia?

I was kind of hoping someone might say something about, you know, the game, rather than natter about lynching people who aren't even playing.

C'mon get with it guys, focus! Focus! Keep it together!
12-05-2014, 03:32 PM
(12-05-2014 03:30 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  So you all just want to sit back and wait to be picked off by the Mafia?

I was kind of hoping someone might say something about, you know, the game, rather than natter about lynching people who aren't even playing.

Well, how could we vote for anyone? I'd hate to kill off a townie without any hint No

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
12-05-2014, 03:36 PM
(12-05-2014 03:30 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  So you all just want to sit back and wait to be picked off by the Mafia?

It's day one. There is rarely a lynch on the first day unless you want to place yourself up for vote.Tongue

Lynch: No One

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
12-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Vote: No Lynch

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
12-05-2014, 03:44 PM

Odd are never in your favor day 1. We are far more likely to mislynch than get a mafia and frankly the town is better off waiting to get a good lynch off. A day 1 lynch that takes a townie (most likely result) means Mafia gets a freebie.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
12-05-2014, 03:48 PM
(12-05-2014 03:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Odd are never in your favor day 1. We are far more likely to mislynch than get a mafia and frankly the town is better off waiting to get a good lynch off. A day 1 lynch that takes a townie (most likely result) means Mafia gets a freebie.

However, all investigative roles take days to give reliable evidence, so it might also take days until we find someone to lynch Dodgy

I'm not in favor of Day 1 lynching, but it always annoys me that we need to wait so long before we have any clues.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
12-05-2014, 04:11 PM
(12-05-2014 03:32 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  

Well, how could we vote for anyone? I'd hate to kill off a townie without any hint No

I tell everyone my identity and if you all trust me, then everyone sends their identity to me. No roles or skills, just identity.
  • We can then quickly see who has claimed the same identity as someone else and we interrogate them on the thread.
  • We also see who has claimed a minor character and we guess that they are Mafia and get them to explain themselves
  • And we also see who hasn't claimed an identity at all.

If we all do it then it leaves the Mafia in rather difficult situation because the game has only just started and it takes time to chat with each other and figure out a good cover story.

Or we could wait a day not doing anything, vote no lynch and waste a day. Sure we might not manage to get enough information to decide who to lynch, but we'll have to go through this whole process at some point, let's do it sooner rather than later.