Mafia XXVI Harry Potter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2014, 10:43 AM
RE: Mafia XXVI Harry Potter
(18-03-2014 10:38 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 10:22 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  The catch is that there is normally a percentage of saving vs killing who they protect. It's entirely possible that the doctor killed himself (assuming L&I's story is just for dramatic effect).

So if the doctor tried saving himself and accidentally killing himself in the process, maybe because he didn't know who to protect, wouldn't there also be another death revealed that was caused by the mafia?

The doctor can't protect himself so it was most likely the mafia that got him last night!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2014, 11:22 AM
(18-03-2014 10:22 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 10:20 AM)Crulax Wrote:  He can target a player in hopes of preventing a kill by the mafia!

The catch is that there is normally a percentage of saving vs killing who they protect. It's entirely possible that the doctor killed himself (assuming L&I's story is just for dramatic effect).

Actually I believe the kill/ protect version of the doctor is kind of non-standard. Normally in the games I play, they generally just protect.

RIP Dr. nach Weeping

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
18-03-2014, 11:25 AM
Damn! Lost Doc night one! Anybody got any hints, clues, suspicions? Anyone give you a dirty look?

@Crulax, it's up to the mod whether the doc can protect him/herself. Some allow it, some don't, but I presume it was a mafia kill.

18-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Against L&I's rules to edit our own posts, so consider the following a supplement to my last post.

Some mods do enact percentage based outcomes. It is possible, for example, that nach tried to save himself, but there was a 10% he would kill himself and did so. This isn't used that often, but as a moderator I have used this, muffs has used this, and A2 has used this. It has been a while since I've seen it though, and I do not think that is what happened.

18-03-2014, 11:32 AM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 11:39 AM by Losty.)
(18-03-2014 11:25 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Damn! Lost Doc night one! Anybody got any hints, clues, suspicions? Anyone give you a dirty look?

@Crulax, it's up to the mod whether the doc can protect him/herself. Some allow it, some don't, but I presume it was a mafia kill.

Ok, didn't know that!

I have nothing to go on at this point but it's still early!

***you're welcome Heart ~Losty

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
18-03-2014, 11:34 AM
(18-03-2014 10:43 AM)Crulax Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 10:38 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  So if the doctor tried saving himself and accidentally killing himself in the process, maybe because he didn't know who to protect, wouldn't there also be another death revealed that was caused by the mafia?

The doctor can't protect himself so it was most likely the mafia that got him last night!

That's not true (unless specified by L&I). I was the doctor last game and I could protect myself.

Atir aissom atir imon
18-03-2014, 11:34 AM
(18-03-2014 11:32 AM)Crulax Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 11:25 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Damn! Lost Doc night one! Anybody got any hints, clues, suspicions? Anyone give you a dirty look?

Ok, didn't no that!

I have nothing to go on at this point but it's still early!

And this is why I hate the "no editing" rule. Also, Laughat

18-03-2014, 11:35 AM
(18-03-2014 11:22 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 10:22 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  The catch is that there is normally a percentage of saving vs killing who they protect. It's entirely possible that the doctor killed himself (assuming L&I's story is just for dramatic effect).

Actually I believe the kill/ protect version of the doctor is kind of non-standard. Normally in the games I play, they generally just protect.

RIP Dr. nach Weeping

Exactly, why I say percentage without using a constant.

Atir aissom atir imon
18-03-2014, 11:38 AM
I'm interested in what IM_Ryan said about the possibility that there might not even be a mafia. I didn't read through the Dune thread so I don't know how you can have a mafia game without any mafia. I think it took me a day to read through the Borderlands thread and all the talk about a cult had me confused. Either way, I think the whole doctor protecting himself is kind of irrelevant.
18-03-2014, 11:39 AM
Basically it comes down to it was most likely a mafia kill. Though it could've been:
  • Another townie [trying] to protect him.
  • He [tried] to protect himself.
These are doubtful though, since why would you take a chance of suicide unless you needed to?

Atir aissom atir imon