Mafia XXVI Harry Potter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-03-2014, 11:41 AM
RE: Mafia XXVI Harry Potter
(18-03-2014 11:38 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'm interested in what IM_Ryan said about the possibility that there might not even be a mafia. I didn't read through the Dune thread so I don't know how you can have a mafia game without any mafia. I think it took me a day to read through the Borderlands thread and all the talk about a cult had me confused. Either way, I think the whole doctor protecting himself is kind of irrelevant.

Last game it was townies vs cult; no mafia needed. It is doubtful [but possible] that they would do it again.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2014, 11:42 AM
(18-03-2014 11:34 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 11:32 AM)Crulax Wrote:  Ok, didn't know that!

I have nothing to go on at this point but it's still early!

And this is why I hate the "no editing" rule. Also, Laughat

Better? I don't mind if you edit for spelling errors. Smile

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
18-03-2014, 11:49 AM
(18-03-2014 11:41 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Last game it was townies vs cult; no mafia needed. It is doubtful [but possible] that they would do it again.

You're probably right. The cult thing doesn't really fit into the Harry Potter ethos, unless you count the Order of the Phoenix and they're supposed to be the good guys.

Or is Harry Potter more just a flavour applied to mafia games, like Harry Potter monopoly?
18-03-2014, 11:54 AM
(18-03-2014 11:32 AM)Crulax Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 11:25 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Damn! Lost Doc night one! Anybody got any hints, clues, suspicions? Anyone give you a dirty look?

@Crulax, it's up to the mod whether the doc can protect him/herself. Some allow it, some don't, but I presume it was a mafia kill.

Ok, didn't know that!

I have nothing to go on at this point but it's still early!

***you're welcome Heart ~Losty

Lol, thanks for that! Hug

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 1 user Likes Crulax's post
18-03-2014, 12:29 PM
(18-03-2014 11:49 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(18-03-2014 11:41 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Last game it was townies vs cult; no mafia needed. It is doubtful [but possible] that they would do it again.

You're probably right. The cult thing doesn't really fit into the Harry Potter ethos, unless you count the Order of the Phoenix and they're supposed to be the good guys.

Or is Harry Potter more just a flavour applied to mafia games, like Harry Potter monopoly?

From what can tell, someone correct me if I'm wrong, it is a flavor, but the roles gotta fit in with the story.

Atir aissom atir imon
18-03-2014, 12:32 PM
I think it is most likely that nach was hit by the mafia. Firstly, quite often doctors cannot protect themselves, secondly we have no confirmation that nach had a protect/kill percentage, thirdly there was no other kill and if nach did target himself then we know the doctor didn't prevent one. The only way nach could have killed himself and there still only been one kill is if either the mafia didn't bother submitting one (doubt it somehow), we have two protective roles and the other one got lucky (possible but unlikely), or we have a roleblocker who got lucky (again, possible but unlikely).

Based on this I'm gonna work to the assumption that nach was targeted by mafia.

This leads to an interesting point. Nach has never really been a high profile early target. I'm surprised that he was targeted first ahead of the likes of me, A2, DL, Ferdy. This means either the mafia are all inexperienced, the mafia are experienced but trying to throw us off and were lucky enough to hit the doctor, or nach could have slipped and role-revealed to the wrong person. I think it's worth considering that the mafia may have known who he was when they targeted him.

Anyways, we need to know if there is another protective role (not even who it is necessarily, just if there is one), if there is a role-blocker (and who they targeted), and if nach was in contact with anyone (so if anyone was in contact with nach and knows he was in contact with others we need that info).

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
18-03-2014, 12:45 PM
(18-03-2014 12:32 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I think it is most likely that nach was hit by the mafia. Firstly, quite often doctors cannot protect themselves, secondly we have no confirmation that nach had a protect/kill percentage, thirdly there was no other kill and if nach did target himself then we know the doctor didn't prevent one. The only way nach could have killed himself and there still only been one kill is if either the mafia didn't bother submitting one (doubt it somehow), we have two protective roles and the other one got lucky (possible but unlikely), or we have a roleblocker who got lucky (again, possible but unlikely).

Based on this I'm gonna work to the assumption that nach was targeted by mafia.

This leads to an interesting point. Nach has never really been a high profile early target. I'm surprised that he was targeted first ahead of the likes of me, A2, DL, Ferdy. This means either the mafia are all inexperienced, the mafia are experienced but trying to throw us off and were lucky enough to hit the doctor, or nach could have slipped and role-revealed to the wrong person. I think it's worth considering that the mafia may have known who he was when they targeted him.

Anyways, we need to know if there is another protective role (not even who it is necessarily, just if there is one), if there is a role-blocker (and who they targeted), and if nach was in contact with anyone (so if anyone was in contact with nach and knows he was in contact with others we need that info).

I agree! I haven't been in contact with anyone yet but we need to start collecting clues or we are fish in a barrel!

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
18-03-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm-ryan,we need your suspicio-meter

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
18-03-2014, 12:57 PM
(18-03-2014 12:53 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  I'm-ryan,we need your suspicio-meter

No one wanted it earlier lol, should I put it up?

Atir aissom atir imon
18-03-2014, 12:58 PM
(18-03-2014 12:57 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  No one wanted it earlier lol, should I put it up?

YES!!!

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.