Mafia XXVI Harry Potter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-03-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: Mafia XXVI Harry Potter
In case you're wondering why I am voting for myself. I'm sure you've all thought through the usual stuff like reverse psychology, protecting another mafia member, whatever.

It was obvious that I was next for the lynching platform. I'm fine with that. The reason I voted to lynch myself is so that I can prove my identity. I am not going to try and convince you not to lynch you. I understand that in any process of deductive reasoning you may get led up a blind alley. It feels like a waste of time but it's not. You need to find out if you are currently up a dead-end in order to realise that you need to look elsewhere.

This is the information that I have sent to undergroundp, Smerc and LV.

Quote:I am Cedric Diggory and my role is largely vanilla, that is until I die. Apparently I'm a 'spare' and if I get killed by the mafia then anybody on the list of names I give to L&I or Rev can get a second chance the following day. But if the list includes a mafia member then no one gets a second chance. I don't really know what the second chance really means, I think it's left up to the discretion of L&I and Rev.

I kept this quiet initially because I did not want to be a target for assasination until I had created a list. Unfortunately the only members on my list so far are LightVader and undergroundp.

I have kept the second part of my ability quiet so far. This occurs in the event that I am lynched. I get a spare chance. The details I was sent actually said "lunched" and I am assuming it was meant to be 'lynched', but if anyone has a 'take to lunch' ability I would really appreciate knowing about it.

I kept quiet about this second part deliberately. Knowing that it might get around to the mafia that if I am targetted that townies on the list would get a second chance, I figured that they'd try to get me lynched instead. If they did that then it would back-fire on them because I would come back and my identity would be revealed. And guess what! (Isn't it strange how Smerc's source has now died?)

Anyway, I can survive a single lynching. So you should all vote to lynch me and then at the end of the day phase you'll see that I am who I am claiming to be. That means that you can start to re-evaluate what you think that you know so far about me and re-examine who is targetting me.

And I'll leave you with this last thought. Is it really plausible that I am Voldemort?

I've never played this game before and I'm leading the mafia? And if I was Voldemort then why did I have A2 / Luna assasinated? The mafia had already taken out the doctor. If they took out the cop as well then the townies would have been sitting ducks. A2 had already revealed his role and had used his ability. Wouldn't it have more sense to have gone after someone else to try and take out the cop or an investigator and if nothing else to find out someone else's identity? What reason would I have to take out A2 on the second night? It doesn't make sense.

The only person who even tried guessing was Hughsie on page 40 and all he could come up with was:

Quote:He's a strong player and his actions made him seem pretty legit. I'd imagine that's why he was targeted.

Strong player? Pretty legit? These aren't points that are worthy enough of an assasination on the second night when there was a reasonable chance of wiping out the townies.

Remember, the mole has not been identified yet.

So, vote for me, get me lynched and hopefully people might start re-evaluating what they think they know.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2014, 08:13 PM
End Day Phase 4

It has been quite a long day in Diagon Alley. From the start Mathilda offers herself to the Dementors slowly all agree with this course. Slowly she walks towards the platform and a Dementor walks forward. As he leans in to deliver the Kiss however he stops as though a wall stood in his way. A frustrated Dementor heads back and Mathilda leaves the platform

Begin Night Phase 4

Night Phase will end at 12pm EST
Send Night actions to LostandInsecure and Revenant77x

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Unless I missed something, looks like Mathilda had a survivor ability of some sort. I'm guessing she is the Godfather.

21-03-2014, 10:01 PM
Lynch her again?

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
21-03-2014, 10:13 PM
(21-03-2014 10:01 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Lynch her again?

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Yes

That is, unless we get some hard evidence on someone else.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
21-03-2014, 10:21 PM
(21-03-2014 10:13 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(21-03-2014 10:01 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Lynch her again?

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Yes

That is, unless we get some hard evidence on someone else.

With even heathen's role revealed, I'm calling his evidence against her hard evidence. I'll be happy to try again tomorrow. If I'm not dead Sadcryface

Unless anyone else knows of a different mudblood whose mother died shortly after childbirth? Fits voldemort's profile exactly.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
21-03-2014, 11:56 PM
edit
seems we changed phase already. also,the result seems to be agreeing with the second chance lynch stuff she said

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
22-03-2014, 12:00 AM
also,if there is a tracker or a watcer in the game,can you please contact me?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
22-03-2014, 03:17 AM
OK not quite what I was expecting.

Sorry, got nothing else to add.

Do what you feel you must.
22-03-2014, 10:21 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2014 10:36 AM by Losty.)
End Night Phase 4

The Daily Prophet
Another Death in Diagon Alley
A young man was struck down in the middle of a crowd outside Weasley's Wizard Wheezes last night. Strangely, no one from the crowd seems to have seen anything. Hughsie was part owner of the small shop which seems to sell all kinds if gadgets for pranksters. He leaves behind a rather large and devastated family.
A twin brother, who was so overwhelmed by grief the Trauma Wizards had to take him off to St. Munos.
Hughsie was
Fred Weasley-Twin

[Image: 3F34DC5D-8B5F-42AF-9FD4-1FD40D4A5B0B_zpswx7begug.jpg]

Begin Day 5

Vote for whoever you want to see lynched or vote no lynch.
Day phase will end at 10pm EST

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.