Mafia XXVII - TTA Edition II

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
26-03-2014, 09:00 PM
RE: Mafia XXVII - TTA Edition II
Can you explain the modified roles a bit more? Like with the doctor, do you have to submit a save between a person going from -7 to -8, and then if you save them, what happens with their rep count? Or will it be more of a situation where once protected that person can't get neg reps for an entire 24 hrs?

Are the trolls only able to get a townie "killed off" by rallying to get certain players neg repped?

Is the cop the only way of sniffing out trolls other than process of elimination when people die, and got ping patterns?

Just wondering how the banter will go in trying to sniff out trolls/trolls trying to falsely frame townies.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Wait, are we limited to one perma-ban a day or can people literally be banned at any time? I mean, can 10 people theoretically get lynched D1?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
26-03-2014, 09:03 PM
(26-03-2014 08:57 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 08:52 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea my bad, I saw that just before.
Upgraded OP.
-/+2 for mod, -/+3 for admin.

OK, so let me get this straight in my head;

Day and night phase are amalgamated into one joint 24 hour phase. Day and night events occur simultaneously.
The first person to reach >50% neg rep in a phase will be killed off (or perma-banned in this game).
People with higher rep progress to Mod and Admin and can give more rep.
There is still a mafia and a town and night actions and stuff.

Is that all right?

Do reps remain from phase to phase or do we all get zeroed at the end of each phase?

Correct, more or less.
Though it's not 1st person to reach >50% neg rep.
It's anyone who reaches >50% neg rep.

And no they do not reset, they carry over.
The only purpose of the phase is for night actions.

Though I think dead people's rep will be removed otherwise killing someone could reduce the required amount of negative reps to kill and result in a chain reaction.
Or maybe I'll leave it in as an added dimension? Consider
Opinions on this welcome.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
26-03-2014, 09:04 PM
(26-03-2014 09:00 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Wait, are we limited to one perma-ban a day or can people literally be banned at any time? I mean, can 10 people theoretically get lynched D1?

lets all permaban eachother on the first day woot woot

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
26-03-2014, 09:06 PM
(26-03-2014 09:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 08:57 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  OK, so let me get this straight in my head;

Day and night phase are amalgamated into one joint 24 hour phase. Day and night events occur simultaneously.
The first person to reach >50% neg rep in a phase will be killed off (or perma-banned in this game).

Is that all right?

Do reps remain from phase to phase or do we all get zeroed at the end of each phase?

Correct, more or less.

Though I think dead people's rep will be removed otherwise killing someone could reduce the required amount of negative reps to kill and result in a chain reaction.

leave the dead reps. It'll be fucking hilarious if we get a chain reaction from that.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
26-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Sign me up, please!

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
26-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Hows come on Hughsie gets to play? I want to to play too Sad

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
26-03-2014, 09:10 PM
(26-03-2014 09:00 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Can you explain the modified roles a bit more? Like with the doctor, do you have to submit a save between a person going from -7 to -8, and then if you save them, what happens with their rep count? Or will it be more of a situation where once protected that person can't get neg reps for an entire 24 hrs?

Are the trolls only able to get a townie "killed off" by rallying to get certain players neg repped?

Is the cop the only way of sniffing out trolls other than process of elimination when people die, and got ping patterns?

Just wondering how the banter will go in trying to sniff out trolls/trolls trying to falsely frame townies.

I haven't finished finalizing the roles yet.
With doctor it will probably something along the lines of their pema ban is put on hold for the next 24hour phase.
But if they still have the required neg rep at the end of that time limit, they will be banned/lynched. This will allow for time to up their rep to a safe amount.

Modifications like that. Or it could just protect them from troll kills like usual.
Obviously some roles will remain the same, ie: Cop.
Any modifications that are made wont be anything significant and unexpected.

No they will be able to kill 1 person per 24hour phase as usual.
This will be worked into the story like they hacked their account or something.

Finding trolls (mafia) will remain mostly the same.
Though I suspect less reliance on things such as cop roles to find trolls and more reliance in their demena in the thread and how they rep etc.. will be determining factors.due to the 24hour wait between cop reveals.

26-03-2014, 09:11 PM
(26-03-2014 09:00 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Wait, are we limited to one perma-ban a day or can people literally be banned at any time? I mean, can 10 people theoretically get lynched D1?

That could happen yes.
Remember, the trolls are the minority.

26-03-2014, 09:14 PM
(26-03-2014 09:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(26-03-2014 08:57 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  OK, so let me get this straight in my head;

Is that all right?

Correct, more or less.

Ok so in a 24 hour period we can +/- rep anyone, every new 24 period we have the option to take back our rep, change a pos to a neg, or change a neg to a pos depending on who we think is town or mafia? Am I getting this right?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.