Mafia XXX - Team Fortress 2, Mann Vs. Machine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2014, 08:02 AM
RE: Mafia XXX - Team Fortress 2, Mann Vs. Machine
(29-05-2014 07:55 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 07:37 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Bad idea, then no townies will post and it's game over for mafia.

Otherwise, I'll play if you haven't finished typing up the roles. You can thank Losty.

Took me a moment to figure that one out but you're right. It would mean that if a townie was role revealed by the mods then we could trust them and role claim to them. Any Mafia that spoke in game would immediately become a suspect. If it was a Mafia that was role revealed by the mods then we could lynch them.

That's the thing when creating Mafia games, it's so easy for an unintended consequence to occur that ruin the power balance.

I wonder if you could make it part of a game though. The person who makes the fewest on-topic posts in a day phase has a chance to be partially role revealed by a mod, maybe a hint given out or something. That means that people have to do a cost benefit analysis of keeping their heads down and not being role revealed by the mod. Or the complete inverse if they want their story confirmed at the cost of not talking.

No, it's a bad idea altogether. Some roles require you to keep your head down, like a cult leader for instance. What's the use of putting yourself in danger if you don't have to?
The intentions behind this are good, but the outcome will upset the balance. Period. The only thing you could do is say that if you're not online for x amount of time you're disqualified. Then add their name to the lynch list for the next day.

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
29-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Should I PM lemon or L&I to get into the game?

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
29-05-2014, 08:05 AM
(29-05-2014 08:03 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Should I PM lemon or L&I to get into the game?

No they'll see your post.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
29-05-2014, 08:07 AM
I was just thinking about how we could make a Matrix/Zion themed mafia game.

29-05-2014, 08:08 AM
(29-05-2014 08:07 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I was just thinking about how we could make a Matrix/Zion themed mafia game.

Go for it, though I would suggest reading through previous games to see how it's set up

Atir aissom atir imon
29-05-2014, 08:14 AM
(29-05-2014 08:08 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 08:07 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  I was just thinking about how we could make a Matrix/Zion themed mafia game.

Go for it, though I would suggest reading through previous games to see how it's set up

Ehh, nah, I couldn't keep up with it.

29-05-2014, 02:01 PM
Okay Ryan and Alex have been added. I just sent out confirmation PM to everyone. We want to start tomorrow or Saturday, but I know weekends are hard for some so you guys vote Saturday or Monday what is most convenient for you?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
29-05-2014, 02:20 PM
(29-05-2014 07:40 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Can I be a player?
And also, HOW THE HELL DO YOU PLAY?

Alex calm down, you crAZY MOTHERFUCKER.
29-05-2014, 03:07 PM
Monday is most convenient! That's in the week I can be lazy. (I finish all of my course final exams and whatnot on Friday, but I have a busy weekend.)

01-06-2014, 10:30 PM
So... show of hands, who thinks we should start the game early and scrap my idea of using Source Filmmaker to make flavor images?

Who thinks I should delay the game a little more so I can make some pics?

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."