Mafia XXXIII: Crisis At The UN

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-10-2014, 04:25 PM (This post was last modified: 28-10-2014 03:35 PM by Hughsie.)
Mafia XXXIII: Crisis At The UN
Disclaimer: In this game you will play as a representative from a current world country. This game has been inspired by current world events. However, any views or implications made during this game are made for creative purposes to help make an enjoyable game. They do not necessarily represent the views of either game mods/writers.

So basically, don't get offended. It's just a game. Big Grin

[Image: world-map-1024x607.jpg]

Intro
A world on the brink of war. As tensions escalate over the Ukrainian crisis, EU brokered talks to try and prevent war are held. However, Russia takes advantage of the world's eyes being on the talks to annex part of Eastern Ukraine, advancing it's armies as far as Mariupol and Kharkiv, dealing the Ukrainian forces a series of devastating defeats along the way. As World War III threatens to break out, the UN makes a last ditch effort to avoid nuclear war. A selection of countries at the forefront of world diplomacy are invited to send a single representative to final talks in a neutral location, aimed at averting the conflict that threatens to end life as we know it. However, as a coalition of countries led by the USA attempt to ensure peace prevails, a small handful of countries, led by Russia, is solely here to manipulate events to increase their own power. You arrive at the location for the talks, can you prevent the end of the world?

Conspirators
Colourcraze - Russia (Godfather/Mole/Enabler)

TheGulegon - China (Redirector)

Michael_Tadlock - Zimbabwe (Follower)

Coalition
DemonicLemon - USA (Cop)

KidCharlemagne1962 - UK (Governor/Innocent Child)

Ferdinand - France (Judas/Hider)

LadyJane - Germany (Roleblock)

Tartarus Sauce - Denmark (Doctor)

Vosur - Switzerland (Commuter)

earmuffs - Japan (Inventor)

Dark Light - Saudi Arabia (Town Bomb/Miller)

LostandInsecure - Algeria (Super Saint)

Atothetheist - Suriname (Vigilante)

Revenant77x - Australia (Thief)

Smercury44 - New Zealand (Voyeur)

Independent/s
undergroundp - The Vatican (Cult Leader)

Rules
1. Mathilda is co-hosting this game. Please send any night actions to both of us, either of us may be switching any given phase. If you have not sent your night action to the Mod switching the phase it will not be counted.
2. No print screening or copy/pasting of any kind.
3. Dead players are not allowed to interfere with the game or share information once they have died.
4. Phases will be twelve hours long. They will run from 3am to 3pm and 3pm to 3am GMT (10am to 10pm and 10pm to 10am EST), they will not end early.
5. This game is played by Plurality Voting. In the means of a tie the first player to receive all of their votes (without them being removed) will be lynched.
6. If your faction loses you are designated a Participator. If you die but your faction still wins, you are counted as a Winner at the end of the game. If your faction wins, and you're surviving, you're also acknowledged as being a Surviving Winner.
7. Night actions are processed in the order of Natural Action Resolution (Protect, Kill, Investigate.)
8. Roles may not be identical to their standard definitions. They may be tweaked for creative purposes.

Further Info
In the interests of the flavour of the game, me and Mathilda may be using different terminology than is generally used in these games. No-one is obligated to use this terminology but feel free to do so. We will be referring to carpet-bombings as opposed to lynchings, and nukings instead of kills. Certain Night Actions may also have different terminology.

Players
Ferdinand
Revenant77x
LostandInsecure
TheGulegon
DemonicLemon
Tartarus Sauce
Atothetheist
Vosur
Colourcraze
Smercury44
LadyJane
undergroundp
earmuffs
Michael_Tadlock
KidCharlemagne1962
Dark Light

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2014, 04:32 PM
RE: Mafia XXXIII: Crisis At The UN
I have to go to China next week so I have to sit this one out. If you think we'll be done by next Thursday I can play.

Sounds like a great idea for a game. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
01-10-2014, 04:37 PM
(01-10-2014 04:32 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I have to go to China next week so I have to sit this one out. If you think we'll be done by next Thursday I can play.

When will you be back? We really need 14 players so if you aren't gone for long you may be back before we start.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
01-10-2014, 04:52 PM
This seems an interesting theme. I'll join.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-10-2014, 04:58 PM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2014 05:06 PM by TheGulegon.)
Can I defect? Tongue

[Image: The_Hunt_for_Red_October-1.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
01-10-2014, 05:09 PM
(01-10-2014 04:58 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Can I defect? Tongue

Are you in Guley?

Best
Worst
01-10-2014, 05:18 PM
(01-10-2014 04:37 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 04:32 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I have to go to China next week so I have to sit this one out. If you think we'll be done by next Thursday I can play.

When will you be back? We really need 14 players so if you aren't gone for long you may be back before we start.

I won't be back until the 19th.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
01-10-2014, 05:27 PM
Me!! Big Grin

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
01-10-2014, 05:47 PM
(01-10-2014 05:09 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(01-10-2014 04:58 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Can I defect? Tongue

Are you in Guley?

Or is he in the Gulag?
[+] 5 users Like Mathilda's post