Mafia XXXV Star Trek: TNG - The Sequel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2014, 06:19 PM
RE: Mafia XXXV Star Trek: TNG - The Sequel
^How is telling somebody the specific wording of your role a massive advantage and why would it be OK to tell somebody your role but not send a screenshot of a PM telling you your role?

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2014, 06:23 PM
Wanna know something suspicious about SAM? He hasn't attempted to lynch Rev, he's even asked for Rev to contact him in the thread I think.

If he was a more experienced player I would lynch him for this. The only reason I can see for someone not trying to lynch someone who has claimed the same character as they have is if they know the other person is telling the truth and so they wanna avoid the truth being revealed so they are not outed as scum.

SAM, given you are new to these games I'm gonna assume for now that you're just keeping your options open because this is your first game and you are being tentative. I'll be watching you like a hawk though.

Also, it may help ease my suspicions if you put your money where your mouth is and put down a lynch vote for Rev. That way it doesn't look like you're trying to hide something.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
08-11-2014, 06:25 PM
(08-11-2014 06:19 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  ^How is telling somebody the specific wording of your role a massive advantage and why would it be OK to tell somebody your role but not send a screenshot of a PM telling you your role?

When everyone knows each other (as many of us here do) there's potential to analyse the style of writing to get an idea if it really did come from the Mod. Once everyone Mod confirms themselves the game gets rather boring.

Screenshots cause the same problem but worse. If we could screenshot I would post a screenshot of my role PM, challenge everyone else to do the same, and the game would be boring as fuck.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
08-11-2014, 06:28 PM
Fair enough on both counts. I figured I had time to vote later. (Night one begins in about an hour and a half right?)

Vote: Lynch Rev.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
08-11-2014, 06:30 PM
If we could screenshot our roles...townies would win every single game always.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
08-11-2014, 08:04 PM
People complain when the rules are enforced. People complain when the mod is flexible with the rules.

Copying and pasting from a mod is a clear violation because it ruins games. I clearly posted that copy/paste rule violations would result in death sentences. It's a shame that it happened to a newbie, but it did.

[Image: JnhJU.png]

[+] 6 users Like Dark Light's post
08-11-2014, 08:17 PM
I noticed how revsie was browsing the thread earlier and didn't comment. Makes me feel reassured that we made the right choice.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
08-11-2014, 08:20 PM
(08-11-2014 08:17 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I noticed how revsie was browsing the thread earlier and didn't comment. Makes me feel reassured that we made the right choice.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm sure we've made the right choice.

I'd simply say that on the balance of probability, if I had to choose to believe a newbie or Rev when he's already been caught in one lie I'd go for the newbie. I may well be wrong but I think I have a higher chance of being right than if I believe Rev.

Best
Worst
08-11-2014, 08:31 PM
vote: Rev

Because swaghetti yolonaise, that's why.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
08-11-2014, 08:39 PM
(08-11-2014 08:20 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 08:17 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I noticed how revsie was browsing the thread earlier and didn't comment. Makes me feel reassured that we made the right choice.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm sure we've made the right choice.

I'd simply say that on the balance of probability, if I had to choose to believe a newbie or Rev when he's already been caught in one lie I'd go for the newbie. I may well be wrong but I think I have a higher chance of being right than if I believe Rev.

I have no illusions of knowing anything in this game lol. I'm just saying it's reassuring.