Mafia XXXV Star Trek: TNG - The Sequel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2014, 09:40 PM
RE: Mafia XXXV Star Trek: TNG - The Sequel
(08-11-2014 09:31 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  I'm going to thank everybody for my apologia and pat everybody on the back. That said: we're already down 2:1 and that's hardly good news.

Is it coincided gauche to take odds on who dies tonight?

It really sucked to lose someone over a rule breaking thing, but oh well there's nothing we can do about it now. That being said, losing a townie to kill a mafia on day one is totally worth it.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
09-11-2014, 01:42 AM
BTW - Seven hours 19 minutes left to submit your actions. That is all.

09-11-2014, 03:19 AM (This post was last modified: 09-11-2014 03:43 AM by Mathilda.)
(08-11-2014 08:04 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  It's a shame that it happened to a newbie, but it did.

It happened to a newbie precisely because he was a newbie. Don't you remember how much you had to learn in your first game? There's too much to take into account in a short while. Normally a game will have no lynches both the first and even the second day. This time day 1 was more like day 3 and people started playing a few hours after it started.

I was busy explaining common roles to EC, about how the Mafia all know each other but the townies don't, about how you can change your vote if you want, about how you can't necessarily trust what people say, about how obscure roles are considered scummy but Mafia are not likely to claim major characters. I briefly mentioned don't copy and paste and was glad that I had remembered that one but it was a genuine mistake. Even Guley forgot when he forwarded the PM to you so what can we expect from a beginner?

Considering this you could have PM'ed Guley, told him his vote was not applicable when it came to lynching EC and asked him not to talk about ECs character to others because a mistake had been made.

But now we have a newbie who no longer wants to play these games, which if nothing else affects other hosts who sometimes struggle to attract enough players.

So, sorry but this gets a slow hand clap from me.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
09-11-2014, 07:29 AM
Meh. I know it's frustrating Tildie, but it's impossible to please everyone in these games. With the amount of time and effort that goes into making these games it's really frustrating when you feel like the whole game could be ruined because one person didn't follow the rules. Now it doesn't matter if you kill them or not, the entire game is altered. So you have to make a choice and try to make the one that best saves the game while simultaneously pissing off the least amount of players. I always tell people that the most important thing to remember is to trust no one. The truth is that the most important thing to remember is that it's just a game and it's supposed to be fun...for everyone involved. Even the game mods. Hopefully EC will realize that and come back to play again in the next game.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
09-11-2014, 09:01 AM
Bruh wtf the night was quiet AF.

Day Phase #2 commencing. Does that sounds Star Trekkish?
[+] 3 users Like Ferdinand's post
09-11-2014, 09:04 AM
Now we can all twiddle our thumbs until Guley shows up and tells us who didn't role reveal to him. Sleepy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
09-11-2014, 09:09 AM
I'm Tasha Yah, Alarmist.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
09-11-2014, 09:31 AM
(09-11-2014 09:01 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  Bruh wtf the night was quiet AF.

Day Phase #2 commencing. Does that sounds Star Trekkish?

Correction -

Vosur has been killed. He was Deanna Troi

[Image: 82930006.gif]

09-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Nooo Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
09-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Goddamn Dark Light keeping the roles hidden.

[Image: giphy.gif]