RE: Mafia XXXV Star Trek: TNG - The Sequel
(10-11-2014 12:01 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Booo

argg!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2014, 03:53 PM
All I can say is... Knights who say NI!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
10-11-2014, 04:11 PM
Tfw 5 hours till phase switch and not a single lynch vote. You guys make moderating games too easy.
10-11-2014, 04:15 PM
I'll be going to bed in a couple of hours so someone will need to tell me who to vote for before then.
10-11-2014, 04:17 PM
Well if you insist.

Vote: Lynch The Young Norman King.

(Largely chosen at random informed by unfirm suspicion.)

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
10-11-2014, 04:28 PM
No clue who to vote to lynch.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-11-2014, 05:13 PM
(10-11-2014 04:17 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  Well if you insist.

Vote: Lynch The Young Norman King.

(Largely chosen at random informed by unfirm suspicion.)

Charlemagne (as he is known in English) was the king of the Franks. He was not known as Charlemagne until after the Normans invaded England, but Charlemagne was not the King of the Normans, as such. Also, it is a little be silly to call him "king" (though not wrong) as the word 'king' derives from his name in many European languages. His name was Karl, which translates to Charles in French and English. 'Magne' is French for 'great'. You could call is Karl the Great, or Charles le Magne. Eventually it become Charlemagne.

Anyhow, I take you meant to vote for KidCharlemagne1962. Big Grin

10-11-2014, 05:30 PM
Gimme a second! I only got suspicions, so the next post is gonna be Long!

10-11-2014, 06:09 PM
My suspicions are these!

1) Tildie is claiming Natasha Yar: Alarmist. The ability to protect against conversion to cult kinda fits with her job as Head of Security, and she did have a sister that turned out to be a "terrorist", but we the TV viewer didn't know that until after Yar's death... 20 episodes or so into the TV series! She died in the 1st or 2nd season! And we have the Head of Security who took her place, Worf, whose role fits even better, claimed in this game. Even without her own hubby voting for her lynch day1 (or maybe that was before the game started Tongue I kid! I'm KIDDING! Bechased ), after last game's cult victory that anti-conversion power just feels too good to be true in my gut! A juicy prize to dangle out there.

2) Kid-C is claiming Alexander: Hider Alexander is the son of Worf, and the hider role kinda/sorta fits him! But the one time I can remember the crew being unable to find him, he wasn't actually hiding! He was just in the holodec trying out his father's combat training routines. He did lie about acting up in school, so I guess that's hiding something, but... idk! If you were gonna pick a role no one else was likely to be given by the game host....

3) Hughsie is claiming Reginald Barclay: Vengeful Townie But his ability to carry out that role is dependent on one of our other roles... helping him! That kinda/sorta fits to me, cuz Reg was basically a big pussy who couldn't get anything done without other members of the crew there to prop him up, or bolster his confidence somehow! But again, if you were gonna pick a role that wasn't likely to be given to anyone else... Only reason Barclay is less suspect to me is he's a member of the crew (unlike alexander), and lived long enough (unlike Tasha) to make it into the movie where he shakes Dr. Cochran's hand "pleasure to meet you" blah blah.

4) Stuffed_Menajahtwa is claiming Wesley Crusher: Inventor. Wesley was a kid genius science dork, so that fits! Claimed early to everybody *raised left eyebrow*, but there's that potential mastermind plot Moms mentioned between him & Revs. Least suspicious, I feel, though! He did say that his inventions have a 10% chance of being dangerous to the one he hands it out to, and I couldn't be bothered with all this crap flying around, so I told him to save it! If any of you want to test your luck with an invention, tell Stuffed.

I don't trust ANYbody 100%, but D-Lem, LadyJ, & Moms, all
claimed early (like myself)
claimed big (like myself)
and claimed traditional, &/or indispensable, town roles!

1 & 2 are pretty much interchangeable for me, so I'm just gonna toss this out there for now! Not necessarily set in stone, though!

Vote: Lynch Mathilda

10-11-2014, 06:21 PM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2014 06:38 PM by Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue.)
I don't have any information that makes me doubt TheGulelon and his(?) reasoning seems sound and we're running out of time.

Vote: Lynch Mathilda

Edit: That said. I'm not sure where he got the 10% figure from and if I can justify my logic for revealing right off the bat:
Honesty has no negative repurcussions. Disclosure, to a point, is advantagious to every-townie because the Mafia gain no new information and it encourages everybody else to be honest as well.

I got told:
Tartarus Sauce: La Forge. True.
Earmuffs: No answer. (Sorry again dude.)
Mum: No answer. (Potentially questionable?)
The Young Awesome Frank: Alexander (Which I asked Guleon about.)
Vosur: Troi. True.
LostAndInsecure: O'Brian. True.

It's now largely redundant but if I'd told people earlier I could have been useful.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.