Mafia XXXV Star Trek: TNG - The Sequel

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2014, 06:25 PM
RE: Mafia XXXV Star Trek: TNG - The Sequel
Interesting Guley. Although bear in mind the following:
  • I haven't pumped anyone for any useful information such as roles or identities. I have only been in contact with you and Losty and only after you two publicly proved yourselves.
  • I role claimed as soon as you were publicly confirmed by the Mods with a major character before knowing about any other characters out there. That would have been a hell of a risk if I was Mafia.
  • A more plausible minor character to pick would have been Reginald Barclay, Alexander, Guinan or even Hugh the Borg (who turned out to be a good guy in the end).
  • If I was Mafia then why pick Alarmist if I knew that the Mafia had the Borg?
  • If I was Mafia then I would only take the risk of picking a major character if I was trying to avoid being investigated. You could lynch KidC and investigate me tonight.

Vote: Lynch KidC
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2014, 06:27 PM
(10-11-2014 06:21 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  I don't have any information that makes me doubt TheGulelon and his(?) reasoning seems sound and we're running out of time.

Sound reasoning would be to start lynching the minor characters, like Alex who only appears in a few episodes for character development of Worf and not as part of any major plots.
10-11-2014, 06:31 PM
(09-11-2014 09:09 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'm Tasha Yah, Alarmist.

I also publicly role claimed in thread start of day 2. Who else in this game has done this?
10-11-2014, 06:36 PM
With the death of Vosur (Diana Troy: Empath) we lost any ability to investigate anyone!

If others chime in with a vote for Kid-C, I'll switch mine to him. If he's green you'll be next anyway!

10-11-2014, 06:38 PM
What is our reasoning for thinking there's a cult? Many games don't have one and DLs previous Star Trek game didn't have one. Several games on here have seen Mafia try to deflect attention from themselves by suggesting there is a cult. Do we have any reason, other than Mathilda's claim, to suspect there is a cult here? Two people died last night so it seems more likely there's a serial killer to me.

Mathilda claiming alarmist seems the most suspicious thing to me atm (though I admit I have little to go on), it could be a clever way of suggesting there is a cult whilst claiming a role no-one else will claim and can't be demonstrated.

For this reason I vote to lynch Mathilda.

PS. I can't comment on how well my character matches my role as I know nothing about Star Trek. All I can say is that I'm town and I hope you all believe me. Undecided

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
10-11-2014, 06:38 PM
Vote Lynch Mathilda!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
10-11-2014, 06:45 PM
I haven't heard anything from Hugsie. If anybody can tell me something I'd be more inclined to trust him.

I think Mathilda makes sense. The Borg is a good fit for the cult. And we don't seem to have a Worf.

Vote: Viva La Revolution!

Thread has progressed since I first posted this. Putting it here agaon to make it read

Quote:Edit: That said. I'm not sure where he got the 10% figure from and if I can justify my logic for revealing right off the bat:
Honesty has no negative repurcussions. Disclosure, to a point, is advantagious to every-townie because the Mafia gain no new information and it encourages everybody else to be honest as well.

I got told:
Tartarus Sauce: La Forge. True.
Earmuffs: No answer. (Sorry again dude.)
Mum: No answer. (Potentially questionable?)
The Young Awesome Frank: Alexander (Which I asked Guleon about.)
Vosur: Troi. True.
LostAndInsecure: O'Brian. True.

It's now largely redundant but if I'd told people earlier it could have been useful.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
10-11-2014, 06:47 PM
I'm off to bed now. Goodnight.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
10-11-2014, 07:13 PM
(10-11-2014 06:45 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  I haven't heard anything from Hugsie. If anybody can tell me something I'd be more inclined to trust him.

I think Mathilda makes sense. The Borg is a good fit for the cult. And we don't seem to have a Worf.

Vote: Viva La Revolution!

Thread has progressed since I first posted this. Putting it here agaon to make it read

Quote:Edit: That said. I'm not sure where he got the 10% figure from and if I can justify my logic for revealing right off the bat:
Honesty has no negative repurcussions. Disclosure, to a point, is advantagious to every-townie because the Mafia gain no new information and it encourages everybody else to be honest as well.

I got told:
Tartarus Sauce: La Forge. True.
Earmuffs: No answer. (Sorry again dude.)
Mum: No answer. (Potentially questionable?)
The Young Awesome Frank: Alexander (Which I asked Guleon about.)
Vosur: Troi. True.
LostAndInsecure: O'Brian. True.

It's now largely redundant but if I'd told people earlier it could have been useful.

I'm not trying to figure out who people are voting for. Be obvious or your vote will be forfeit.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
10-11-2014, 07:20 PM
Sorry. Attempting humour.

Vote: Kid Charlemange.

We can string up Mathilda tomorrow if nessercery.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.