Mafia XXXVI Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2014, 01:48 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2014 07:28 AM by Ferdinand.)
Mafia XXXVI Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!
[Image: borderlandsthepresequel_hed.jpg]

Sometime between the events of Borderlands and Borderlands II, a Hyperion programmer hired four vault hunters to help save Pandora's moon, Elpis, and find a mysterious alien Vault...

SEND NIGHT ACTIONS TO BOTH GAME MODS.

GAME CANCELED

I'll post the factions once we have enough people.

How to play:
Here is a flash file that demonstrates how Mafia is played.

Here is a flash file that demonstrates various roles in the game.

The idea of the game is that out of all of the players playing, a small group are actually scum. The goal of the Mafia is to blend in with the Townies, so that they can bring the town down. Mafia win when all Townies are dead. The goal of the Townies are to rat out the Mafia. Townies win when no Mafia remain.

There can be additional factions besides Town and Mafia. They win when no other factions but their own remain.

During the Day, everyone can post suspicions, accusations and banter on the board. By the end of a Day phase, all players must vote to lynch a player of their choice (based on suspicions or accusations) or lynch no one. After the lynching, the phase switches to Night. The Mafia scheme among themselves and choose one player of their choice to kill. Some Townies have night actions of their own. Those that don't simply wait throughout the Night until Day Phase commences.

Rules:
WE ENCOURAGE MASS AMOUNTS OF BOARD BANTER. THESE GAMES ARE MUCH MORE INTRIGUING WHEN SHIT ACTUALLY HAPPENS PUBLICLY IN THE THREADS.

1. No print screening of any kind.
2. Phases last 12 hours long; 10am/pm EST (3am/pm GMT). They do not end early.
3. This game is played by Plurality voting. In the means of a tie, first come first serve motherfucker.
4. No gag rule. Night banter is allowed.
5. Dead players are not allowed to interfere with the game or share information once they have died/lost.
6. Night actions are processed in the order of Natural Action Resolution (Protect, Kill, Investigate.)
7. NOT ALL *SUSPECTED* ROLES ARE IDENTICAL TO THOSE FOUND ON MAFIA SCUM. Some may be tweaked with creative mechanisms and shit.
8. Hughsie is my bitch for this game, and is co-hosting. Please send any night actions to both of us, as either of us may be switching any given phase. If you have not sent your night action to the Mod switching the phase it will not be counted.
9. If a player commits a minor/unintentional rule break, a player will lose their night action/vote for a day. If a player commits a major/intentional rule break, we'll probably mod kill you and dance on your corpse.
10. Loopholes are nice.

If you have any questions, PM both of us.

Players:
LostandInsecure
Mathilda
Tartarus Sauce
SAM
Vosur
DLem
Dark Light
Guley
Logisch
Kid Poppin Bottles
Colourcraze
Attie
Miss Suzanne
Find all posts by this user
14-11-2014, 01:55 PM
RE: Mafia XXXVI Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!
Ugh I want to play so bad. If I can play through skype when needed then please sign me up. If not, then....Sadcryface

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
14-11-2014, 02:08 PM
(14-11-2014 01:55 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Ugh I want to play so bad. If I can play through skype when needed then please sign me up. If not, then....Sadcryface

That's fine.
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
14-11-2014, 02:21 PM
Sign me up please. But please, no spoilers for the game. I'm waiting for it to come down in price before I buy it. Borderlands is one of the few games I actually play and I'm really looking forward to the presequel, especially as they say they have added more banter. I love banter in games. One thing I really loved about left 4 dead 2.

BUTTSTOMP!!!
14-11-2014, 02:47 PM
I guess I'll join

[Image: giphy.gif]
14-11-2014, 07:08 PM
no rule against targeting the same person over and over?

14-11-2014, 07:11 PM
(14-11-2014 07:08 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  no rule against targeting the same person over and over?

We usually include that in the roles PMs.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
14-11-2014, 07:33 PM
(14-11-2014 07:11 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(14-11-2014 07:08 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  no rule against targeting the same person over and over?

We usually include that in the roles PMs.

Seems like you chose your words a bit too carefully. Consider

14-11-2014, 07:43 PM
An opportunity to give this another shot and being able to inflict harm upon the annoying as balls characters in the Boarderlands games? WTFN?

Include me please.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
14-11-2014, 08:21 PM
(14-11-2014 07:33 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Seems like you chose your words a bit too carefully. Consider

If what sense?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Thread Closed