Mafia XXXVIII: Star Wars prequels

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2015, 12:43 PM
RE: Mafia XXXVIII: Star Wars prequels
I'm ending this early because it's clear that Townies win.

undergroundp was Count Dooku / Darth Tyranus (Role: Ninja)

[Image: Count_Dooku_headshot_gaze.jpg]

Will never be seen as targeting anyone by a Tracker, Watcher, or other investigative role along these lines.

Cannot be sent out two nights in a row to do a kill.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
19-04-2015, 12:45 PM
gg Thumbsup
19-04-2015, 12:45 PM
Information for Cultafia:

Mafia can either use a faction kill, or a faction convert during a single night phase.

You can only attempt to convert another player if there is only one Mafia member surviving.

Success at conversion is not guaranteed. Each Mafiosa has the ability to seduce other players who are not currently being targeted by a faction conversion.

Only Jedi can be successfully converted. Jedi recruited to the dark side will retain their original skills.

If you attempt to convert a Jedi and fail then they will survive and be informed that you are Mafia.

If you attempt to convert a non-Jedi then they they die as if it was a normal faction kill. This is regardless of whether the conversion would have been successful or not.

Initially there is only a 50% chance of success in converting someone, but this can be increased 20 percentile points per night maxing at 90%.

Mafia must specify who is performing the kill / conversion or seduction.
19-04-2015, 12:48 PM
So, because Mafia was cult there was no third party? Consider

Oh well. Now I wonder what that alien creature was. So annoying Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
19-04-2015, 12:48 PM
Kitty Galore was Jar Jar Binks (Role: Helper) [Non-Jedi]

[Image: JarJarHS-SWE.jpg]

Revealed as (Role: Helper / Fucker upper)

Player information: Can target a person each night and assist them. This means that actions that may otherwise fail will be guaranteed to happen.

What the player does not know is that they actually fuck up any night action performed by the one they try to help.

If Jar Jar Binks does not try to help anyone then a player will be chosen at random to have their night actions randomly redirected.

The purpose of this is that Jar Jar Binks becomes quite a strong character, but one that players might well end up hating.

When players are blocked or redirected by Jar Jar, they are given a hint in their messages that can allow them to deduce that it was by Jar Jar Binks. This should not be an outright mod confirmation though. In this way the player who is given Jar Jar has at least some benefit from being an inadvertent blocker.
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
19-04-2015, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2015 01:08 PM by Mathilda.)
All in all I can't believe how lucky / unlucky both sides were.

Night 1

TheGulegon (R2D2) watches Losty (Yoda)
Ferdinand (Palpatine) frames TheGulegon (R2D2)
Losty (Yoda) senses DemonicLemon (Anakin Skywalker)
Kitty Galore (Jar Jar Binks) helps (blocks) TheGulegon (R2D2)
Colourcraze (Mace Windu) investigates Losty (Yoda)
Ferdinand (Palpatine) sends undergroundp (Dooku) to kill Losty (Yoda)
Lucanus (Obi Wan Kenobi) tracks Losty (Yoda)
EscapeArtist (C3P0) decides not to hide behind anyone.
DemonicLemon (Anakin Skywalker) protects Atothetheist (Padme).
undergroundp (Dooku) seduces Atothetheist (Padme) (no effect, Padme is not a Jedi).

Message sent to TheGulegon blocked by Jar Jar Binks:

You tried to watch Losty but failed due to a series of hilarious and unfortunate accidents

Summary:

Most people targetted Losty (Yoda), including the Mafia but not the doctor. So most people did not receive a result because Losty died. People did not realise it but this was a huge blow against the townies because Yoda was there to sense which Jedi were being seduced.

Night 2:

Colourcraze (Mace Windu) investigates alignment of DemonicLemon (Anakin Skywalker)
Ferdinand (Palpatine) kills Atothetheist (Padme) which triggers DemonicLemon (Anakin Skywalker) to turn to the dark side.
Ferdinand (Palpatine) frames Colourcraze (Mace Windu) (no effect as Mace Windu is the cop)
Ferdinand (Palpatine) seduces EscapeArtist (C3PO) (no effect, C3PO is not a Jedi)
TheGulegon (R2D2) watches Lucanus (Obi Wan Kenobi)
Lucanus (Obi Wan Kenobi) tracks TheGulegon (R2D2)
Kitty Galore (Jar Jar Binks) helps (blocks) Lucanus (Obi Wan Kenobi)
EscapeArtist (C3PO) hides behind TheGulegon (R2D2)
DemonicLemon (Anakin Skywalker) did not send in an action and the next morning converts to the dark side due to Padme's death.

Message sent to Lucanus blocked by Jar Jar Binks:

You try to track TheGulegon but unfortunately a friendly but annoying alien accidentally blocks you.

Summary:

Mafia killed Atothetheist (Padme), which meant that DemonicLemon (Anakin Skywalker) would flip to the dark side. This was the only way that the Mafia could ever include three people. What they didn't know was that DemonicLemon was being investigated by the cop that night. The result was late in being sent to the cop (Colourcraze, Mace Windu), because I had written out the PM but did not realise that I had not sent it. Luckily she asked Revs who told her. But not before a lynch wagon had already started on DemonicLemon for trying to lynch TheGulegon (R2D2)

Night 3:

Ferdinand (Chancellor Palpatine) frames Kitty Galore (Jar Jar Binks)
Kitty Galore (Jar Jar Binks) does not send in a night action so performs a random redirection. Ferdinand (Palpatine) is redirected to frame KidCharlemagne1962 (Qui-Gon Jinn)
undergroundp (Count Dooku) seduces KidCharlemagne1962 (Qui-Gon Jinn) (70% chance for conversion)
undergroundp (Count Dooku) kills TheGulegon (R2D2)
TheGulegon (R2D2) watches Kitty Galore (Jar Jar Binks)
Colourcraze (Mace Windu) investigates Lucanus (Obi Wan Kenobi)
Lucanus (Obi Wan Kenobi) tracks Colourcraze (Mace Windu)

Message sent to Ferdinand blocked by Jar Jar Binks:

You try to frame Kitty Galore but after planting the evidence you realise too late that you instead framed KidCharlemagne1962. Puzzled you look around and see a pitiful life form looking apologetically at you. Approaching it with your light saber extended, the alien backs away and makes a comment about your actions being impolite. It then accidentally falls off the ledge behind it. It shrieks as it falls down but by chance lands on a flying car and gets sped away to safety.

Summary:

Kitty Galore (Jar Jar Binks) was going to help (block) Ferdinand (Chancellor Palpatine) after realising that she was a blocker. The hope was to throw light on whether Ferdinand was Mafia or townie but Ferdinand wasn't carrying out the assassination. Instead Ferdinand was planning on framing Kitty. Because Kitty overslept though she did not send in an action and by random chance randomly directed Ferdinand instead to frame KidCharlemagne1962 who undergroundp was currently seducing. EscapeArtist (C3PO) was going to hide behind TheGulegon (R2D2). But because she was too busy to send in an action lived another day.

Night 4:

Kitty Galore (Jar Jar Binks) helps (blocks) undergroundp (Count Dooku)
EscapeArtist (C3PO) hides behind KidCharlemagne1962 (Qui-Gon Jinn)
Lucanus (Obi Wan Kenobi) tracks Colourcraze (Mace Windu)
Colourcraze investigates undergroundp (Count Dooku)
undergroundp attempts to converts KidCharlemagne1962 (Qui-Gon Jinn)
undergroundp seduces EscapeArtist (C3PO)

Message sent to undergroundp blocked by Jar Jar Binks:

Tonight was not a good night. First you try to convert KidCharlemagne1962 but an extremely annoying alien seems to take a liking to you and keeps pestering you trying to help you in whatever way it can. Eventually you manage to drive it off but not without it blowing a raspberry at you. KidCharlemagne1962 makes his excuses and leaves.

Later on your try to seduce EscapeArtist but out of the corner of your eye you notice the alien following you again. Filled with rage you rush at it as it shrieks and runs away. When you look around you see EscapeArtist making a hasty retreat.

Summary:

Kitty Galore (Jar Jar Binks) was going to block Colourcraze (Mace Windu) and EscapeArtist (C3PO) was going to hide behind undergroundp. If Kitty Galore (Jar Jar Binks) had not changed her mind, EscapeArtist (C3PO) would have been dead, undergroundp wouldn't have been investigated but KidCharlemagne1962 (Qui-Gon Jinn) would have been informed of undergroundp's identity. If EscapeArtist (C3PO) had not changed her mind she would have been investigated by the cop. Undergroundp had a 70% chance of success and random.org gave her 88 which would have meant that she would have failed if she had not been blocked.
19-04-2015, 01:11 PM
[Image: 7a4.png]
[+] 5 users Like Kitty Galore's post
19-04-2015, 01:20 PM
LOL

Thanks for the run down Mathilda. Wow, what a rush.

Awesome game!

The change in colourcraze's vote was odd to me, I was thinking Escape Artist told her what we found out, by the second night that I, in fact, don't help anyone at all. It was a brilliant twist. Luc says "Dammit Kitty! You blocked me!" That is when it all became clear. Before that, I thought Gulegon had lied to me, because he said night one he tartgeted Losty, but got nothing. Since I had targeted him, it was guaranteed to go through. I almost went public, and told EA and Lucanus, just in case I died that night. LOL That is when we hatched a plan for me to "help" Lucanus. So glad I was patient. Blush
19-04-2015, 01:31 PM
It's a shame Losty died on the first night. We imagined her sending out loads of false positives sensing the dark side in people who had been seduced but not converted. We were imagining the Mafia seducing people only to see them lynched the next day.
19-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Music RE: Mafia XXXVIII: Star Wars prequels
(19-04-2015 01:31 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  It's a shame Losty died on the first night. We imagined her sending out loads of false positives sensing the dark side in people who had been seduced but not converted. We were imagining the Mafia seducing people only to see them lynched the next day.

Was still a lot of intrigue going on. Having a Bastard role aka unannounced blocker definitely made the game more interesting.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense