Mafia game #43, The Shawshank Redemption

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
02-11-2015, 04:30 PM
RE: Mafia game #43, The Shawshank Redemption
I think there's a 3 game limit to the newb excuse, love.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
02-11-2015, 04:33 PM
(02-11-2015 02:23 PM)Losty Wrote:  If you haven't actually done anything that needs explaining then you have nothing to defend. A simple hey I'm here and then a description of what you think of others is usually good enough. Then to get the vote off of you just stick around and pay attention and let us know if you see anything that looks suspicious. That's all it takes.

(02-11-2015 03:58 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Then I am done defending myself until I'm asked to role reveal, or I am lynched. Facepalm

Did you just ignore my post?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
02-11-2015, 04:37 PM

02-11-2015, 04:37 PM
(02-11-2015 04:30 PM)Losty Wrote:  I think there's a 3 game limit to the newb excuse, love.

Ok I'm not a newb anymore I just play like one Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes EvieTheTurtle's post
02-11-2015, 04:40 PM
(02-11-2015 04:37 PM)Losty Wrote:  
Guley Wrote:Remember, though, that you probably shouldn't sit around on your butts and do nothing until I am hanged! You signed up for a game, so play it! Put pressure votes on others; you can always lynch me anyway by switching your vote back to me before phase change! But if all you're going to do is wait for me to die, you are hurting town! No info is generated that way. I've interacted enough today that ya'll can analyze my words however you want, but it'd be nice if you could pressure someone else into talking. Like maybe some folks who ain't said nuthin, yet. Rolleyes

Good luck! Shy

Your reaction to the pressure and other people's reactions to you reactions give information. Kitty responded to my vote against her so I'm not worried about her anymore but my vote won't change until I find some reason to suspect someone else.

This is just showing as a blank line originally because I put /post instead of /quote. If you click reply on the post with the line you can see the original message. Sorry about that

02-11-2015, 04:40 PM
(02-11-2015 04:37 PM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  
(02-11-2015 04:30 PM)Losty Wrote:  I think there's a 3 game limit to the newb excuse, love.

Ok I'm not a newb anymore I just play like one Smile

Tongue
You're getting better

02-11-2015, 04:48 PM
I read your post Losty. But just like last game over at AF, I have absolutely no thoughts at all about any other player. I've seen people play scummy that turn up town on the flip, and vice versa. So no reads, no nothing.

If that's enough to get me lynched, then fine. I realize that a player that has nothing to bring to the game other than their night action, should they actually have one, is probably a good lynch on day 1 over someone who does got some sleuth skillz.

And I'm willing to make that sacrifice, but it'd be nice to see someone else being forced to say something before I'm lynched!

Makes ya wonder, since you'd be hung anyway, if it'd suck even more if when you showed up for your public execution, there wasn't a crowd there to watch. Confused The town drunk, and that's it! Laugh out load

Tongue

02-11-2015, 04:49 PM
(02-11-2015 04:40 PM)Losty Wrote:  
(02-11-2015 04:37 PM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  Ok I'm not a newb anymore I just play like one Smile

Tongue
You're getting better

Thanks I think so too, trouble is I think it's mainly because I am being less random which requires observing more and posting less: Only posting when I have something to contribute. So I apologize if I am adding to the slowing of this game.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-11-2015, 04:52 PM
(02-11-2015 04:49 PM)EvieTheTurtle Wrote:  
(02-11-2015 04:40 PM)Losty Wrote:  Tongue
You're getting better

Thanks I think so too, trouble is I think it's mainly because I am being less random which requires observing more and posting less: Only posting when I have something to contribute. So I apologize if I am adding to the slowing of this game.

Naw! You ain't slowin nuthin down! Shy Least you're talkin.
Peeps just be elsewhere right now, I guess.

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
02-11-2015, 05:02 PM
(02-11-2015 04:48 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I read your post Losty. But just like last game over at AF, I have absolutely no thoughts at all about any other player. I've seen people play scummy that turn up town on the flip, and vice versa. So no reads, no nothing.

If that's enough to get me lynched, then fine. I realize that a player that has nothing to bring to the game other than their night action, should they actually have one, is probably a good lynch on day 1 over someone who does got some sleuth skillz.

And I'm willing to make that sacrifice, but it'd be nice to see someone else being forced to say something before I'm lynched!

Makes ya wonder, since you'd be hung anyway, if it'd suck even more if when you showed up for your public execution, there wasn't a crowd there to watch. Confused The town drunk, and that's it! Laugh out load

Tongue

On day 1, reads are hard. I don't really have any either.

But you can just be honest and say you don't have any. It won't likely get people to remove their vote but it's a much less suspicious response than threatening to claim. Just keep paying attention and let us know if anything raises your scumdar