Mafia game #43, The Shawshank Redemption

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
04-11-2015, 06:56 PM
RE: Mafia game #43, The Shawshank Redemption
I tonight that was directed at me. My bad.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2015, 07:03 PM
THOUGHT
[+] 1 user Likes wizardofthevoid's post
04-11-2015, 07:16 PM
(04-11-2015 06:49 PM)Briiae Wrote:  I'm off to a kiddo bball game and I'll be on. Losty I hope everything is okay.
I have a feeling Day 2 is going to be a lot like day 1. No info as we haven't gotten anything from flips. I knew town would be mostly VT from the sign ups. I need to go back and see who Kitty was suspicious of. I am very curious though as to why scum took out Evie. He didn't seem threatening at all.

You're wrong on:

1. Today not being a day where there will be any info (there will be).

2. Mafia being the one that killed Evie.

Aroura Wrote:The Warden and his guards are worried that their secret money laundering scam will be revealed, so they are cracking down on prisoners, tossing cells each night, and killing prisoners in staged escaped shootings.

Aroura Wrote:No on comes out of cell 8, but after a hurried conversation, a couple of guards go in. A few moments later, they carry the body of Evie out of his cell, with the blade of a small homemade shank still protruding from his chest.

[Image: giphy.gif]
04-11-2015, 07:21 PM
(04-11-2015 07:16 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 06:49 PM)Briiae Wrote:  I'm off to a kiddo bball game and I'll be on. Losty I hope everything is okay.
I have a feeling Day 2 is going to be a lot like day 1. No info as we haven't gotten anything from flips. I knew town would be mostly VT from the sign ups. I need to go back and see who Kitty was suspicious of. I am very curious though as to why scum took out Evie. He didn't seem threatening at all.

You're wrong on:

Aroura Wrote:The Warden and his guards are worried that their secret money laundering scam will be revealed, so they are cracking down on prisoners, tossing cells each night, and killing prisoners in staged escaped shootings.

Aroura Wrote:No on comes out of cell 8, but after a hurried conversation, a couple of guards go in. A few moments later, they carry the body of Evie out of his cell, with the blade of a small homemade shank still protruding from his chest.

And what does that last bit tell us?
Kitty was stabbed in the heart by a bunch of prisoners! I'd expect their weapons to be homemade shanks!

04-11-2015, 07:23 PM
(04-11-2015 07:21 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 07:16 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  You're wrong on:

And what does that last bit tell us?
Kitty was stabbed in the heart by a bunch of prisoners! I'd expect their weapons to be homemade shanks!

The prison wardens are the Mafia this game, not the prisoners. If mafia killed Evie, he would have been found dead with a gunshot wound.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
04-11-2015, 07:33 PM
(04-11-2015 07:23 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 07:21 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  And what does that last bit tell us?

The prison wardens are the Mafia this game, not the prisoners. If mafia killed Evie, he would have been found dead with a gunshot wound.

That's if you take it as more than just flavor that doesn't fit the movie!
Plenty of named characters from Shawshank Redemption, but we aren't seeing any of them!

Not a big game, so why have a townie that can kill, and if so, why wasn't there 2 deaths? Other than perhaps the old man (from the movie) who didn't want to be released, I can't think of an independent! Warden, & Captain of the Guards would make great scum.

7 townies. 2 scum.

04-11-2015, 07:39 PM
(04-11-2015 07:23 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 07:21 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  And what does that last bit tell us?

It specifically said the wardens were staging deaths though didn't it? So they're not going to stage it to look like they did it.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
04-11-2015, 07:42 PM
I don't think there's any independent faction in this game. Nine players. Likely everyone is vanilla townie or we have maybe 1 PR and mafiosos are likely goons or they have maybe 1 PR

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
04-11-2015, 07:44 PM
Lynch ugp aka UndergroundP, she's Greek for fuck's sake.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-11-2015, 07:45 PM
(04-11-2015 07:33 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 07:23 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  The prison wardens are the Mafia this game, not the prisoners. If mafia killed Evie, he would have been found dead with a gunshot wound.

That's if you take it as more than just flavor that doesn't fit the movie!
Plenty of named characters from Shawshank Redemption, but we aren't seeing any of them!

Not a big game, so why have a townie that can kill, and if so, why wasn't there 2 deaths? Other than perhaps the old man (from the movie) who didn't want to be released, I can't think of an independent! Warden, & Captain of the Guards would make great scum.

7 townies. 2 scum.

OP fits the movie and Aroura explicitly mentions that the characters will fit the role, there little reason to believe anything will be out of character from the film flavorwise.

Yes, there are seven townies and two scum almost for certain, three scum would just be overpowered. However, the person that killed Evie is almost certainly a townie, not an independent, and there weren't two kills because mafia didn't night kill.

(04-11-2015 07:39 PM)Losty Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 07:23 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  The prison wardens are the Mafia this game, not the prisoners. If mafia killed Evie, he would have been found dead with a gunshot wound.

It specifically said the wardens were staging deaths though didn't it? So they're not going to stage it to look like they did it.

Staging shootings, which fits the events in the movie and is described in the OP as the background. Not staging shankings