Mafia game #43, The Shawshank Redemption

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
04-11-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: Mafia game #43, The Shawshank Redemption
hmm...I'm conflicted on my read of briiae. I keep flipping back and forth. Can't decide what to think of her. Undecided

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2015, 08:06 PM
(04-11-2015 07:45 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  OP fits the movie and Aroura explicitly mentions that the characters will fit the role, there little reason to believe anything will be out of character from the film flavorwise.

Yes, there are seven townies and two scum almost for certain, three scum would just be overpowered. However, the person that killed Evie is almost certainly a townie, not an independent, and there weren't two kills because mafia didn't night kill.

Staging shootings, which fits the events in the movie and is described in the OP as the background. Not staging shankings

1) We've had 2 flips come up Prisoner: Vanilla! No Andy Dufraine, Morgan freeman's character, the old guy, the guy who said "lawyer fucked me", the young kid who got shot, the fat "fresh fish" who got beat up, the black dude that worked in the infirmary (perfect character for a doctor role, no?). Being a prisoner in a prison fits the flavor, but it doesn't mean Aurora had to do anything special with the roles! Until we see a flip that does NOT match exactly the Kitty/Evie/OP sample - flip, I'm not putting too much into the description of folk's deaths! Feels like a distraction to me! Consider

2) What better way to stage a murder than to make it look like a prisoner did it, instead of a guard! Even if the guard would have been justified, it wasn't even a guard! *wink wink nudge nudge* It was a prisoner... Dodgy

04-11-2015, 08:14 PM
(04-11-2015 08:06 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 07:45 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  OP fits the movie and Aroura explicitly mentions that the characters will fit the role, there little reason to believe anything will be out of character from the film flavorwise.

Yes, there are seven townies and two scum almost for certain, three scum would just be overpowered. However, the person that killed Evie is almost certainly a townie, not an independent, and there weren't two kills because mafia didn't night kill.

Staging shootings, which fits the events in the movie and is described in the OP as the background. Not staging shankings

1) We've had 2 flips come up Prisoner: Vanilla! No Andy Dufraine, Morgan freeman's character, the old guy, the guy who said "lawyer fucked me", the young kid who got shot, the fat "fresh fish" who got beat up, the black dude that worked in the infirmary (perfect character for a doctor role, no?). Being a prisoner in a prison fits the flavor, but it doesn't mean Aurora had to do anything special with the roles! Until we see a flip that does NOT match exactly the Kitty/Evie/OP sample - flip, I'm not putting too much into the description of folk's deaths! Feels like a distraction to me! Consider

2) What better way to stage a murder than to make it look like a prisoner did it, instead of a guard! Even if the guard would have been justified, it wasn't even a guard! *wink wink nudge nudge* It was a prisoner... Dodgy

I see, thanks for your feedback.

I'm curious what to see what others think about my statements.

[Image: giphy.gif]
04-11-2015, 08:39 PM
You're both very convincing. Here's the thing. There's no use worrying about an independent unless you're scum. Independents are more dangerous to Mafia than town But if Mafia can get town worrying about indies and forgetting to worry about mafiosos that's when it screws us.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
04-11-2015, 08:43 PM
(04-11-2015 08:39 PM)Losty Wrote:  You're both very convincing. Here's the thing. There's no use worrying about an independent unless you're scum. Independents are more dangerous to Mafia than town But if Mafia can get town worrying about indies and forgetting to worry about mafiosos that's when it screws us.

I've already explicitly stated I don't think there's an independent.

Is it really taking you two this long to figure out I know more about the situation than I've shared so far?

04-11-2015, 09:03 PM
Why would the scum not night kill? Aren't they guaranteed that ability?

Does the town have that ability as well? How else would someone get shanked? I agree that it doesn't seem likely that the wardens would shank someone. That wasn't what the OP said.

Isn't there a doctor role for the town? Wouldn't that explain why the night kill didn't work?
04-11-2015, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2015 09:27 PM by Losty.)
(04-11-2015 08:43 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 08:39 PM)Losty Wrote:  You're both very convincing. Here's the thing. There's no use worrying about an independent unless you're scum. Independents are more dangerous to Mafia than town But if Mafia can get town worrying about indies and forgetting to worry about mafiosos that's when it screws us.

Is it really taking you two this long to figure out I know more about the situation than I've shared so far?

So you think a towniekilled Evie? Was it you? Do you know who it was if not? Tarty you already know I'm slow you don't have to rub it in.

04-11-2015, 09:13 PM
(04-11-2015 08:43 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  

No! Rolleyes
Well, yes! Dodgy

Scum would know alot more than us about it, too... Confused
If you know more than we do, can you point me toward a better person to lynch?
Who would you like to see shanked by my shaw?

04-11-2015, 09:18 PM
(04-11-2015 09:07 PM)Losty Wrote:  
(04-11-2015 08:43 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  I've already explicitly stated I don't think there's an independent.

So you think a towniekilled Evie? Was it you? Do you know who it was if not? McGrew you already know I'm slow you don't have to rub it in.

No it wasn't me, but I know who did kill Evie and why I think they are townie, I know how they got the shank, I know why shanks aren't used for typical Mafia night kills, I know roughly how many townie power roles there are (hint: it's not zero), I have a solid theory on why I don't think Mafia sent in a night kill action last night, and I've determined who I think we should lynch next.

But it'll have to wait until tomorrow, I want the others to join in on the conversation first and would prefer to keep you all in suspense.

04-11-2015, 09:27 PM
In that case I'm unvoting until we hear what you gotta say, Tarty, but I don't want ya'll to forget what I said about VoidWizard!
Sorry, VacuumSorcerer, but my sometimes faulty scumdar is pinging! Tongue

Unvote: No Lynch!