05-11-2015, 02:59 PM
RE: Mafia game #43, The Shawshank Redemption
Popcorn

[Image: 5920829_orig.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2015, 03:42 PM
(05-11-2015 02:18 PM)Losty Wrote:  I know you weren't directly quoting me. You were twisting my quotes to mean whatever you wanted them to mean. Guley and kitty were on the same page for me on day 1. Guley has since shown himself to at least appear town. You can call me a hypocrite if you like but maybe people will actually listen to me once I'm dead. I doubt it though. I won't be playing any more gagged games here.

Okay, point taken.

Why do you trust Guley so much?

[Image: giphy.gif]
05-11-2015, 04:46 PM
Sorry for my part in this game not being that great. I've wanted to contribute, but honestly, I haven't known how to. Not to keep whining about being a newb.

I'm withholding until more information comes to light.

I have a question for Tarty, though. Was there any specific reason you chose underp to give the shank to?

I mean, there's about a 1 in 5 chance of it going to scum, who would then be able to kill two people at once, right? I'm a little skeptical, just because I feel like that could go really wrong.

Are you lying? Did you send the poster to protect underp? I know t they said they had a chance to escape death, but they could be lying. It could be an elaborate plot.

Or am I missing something?
Was it just a random pick?
05-11-2015, 04:46 PM
(05-11-2015 01:27 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 12:30 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Indeed Consider

Is it Losty you think we should be lynching then?

Actually, I've been wavering back and forth between Guley and Losty, something isn't right with them. I have a hard time believing they are both town but I have a hard time believing they are both scum as well, they are way too buddy buddy and would know better than that.

I found Guley's response to my statements last night rather eyebrow raising. He went to great length to emphatically deny the points I was making had any merit. It's one thing to criticize speculations, it's another thing to push that hard against ideas meaning anything when there's an obvious discrepancy in the data. That's something scum would do to mislead town.

I can tell he's watched the movie and his statements seemed to indicate that he was giving the plausibility of an all vanilla townie town way too much credit (when the hell was the last time anybody has played a themed game where all the townies were vanilla?) despite me pointing out that Aroura statement of role flavors fitting the movie, in fact that's what CAUSED him to field that idea. That doesn't seem townie to me, that he didn't want to even investigate whether it was possible that the shanking was indicative of a non-standard mafia night kill since the OP says the prison wardens were staging shootings, and he's seen the movie and would have known how that fit.

On the other hand, I can see his thinking was revolving around a refusal to account for an independent, which makes sense, or a vigilante, which doesn't make sense to not consider a possibility (on the other hand, Wizardofthevoid agreed that he didn't think it was likely the mafia did the shanking). So maybe he's just a townie that couldn't consider the ideas valid on that basis. What still sticks out to me though is that I wasn't just making conjectures last night, my language was assertive. If he was townie, I'm surprised that didn't tip him off to consider asking me if I knew more than I was letting on, which I did.

Losty also failed to recognize this as well, and her behavior is looking even MORE suspicious to me. It's true that day one sucks and that flimsy accusations drive lynch wagons, hell even Kitty instructed her to do as much, and she held off on voting Kitty until it was clear nothing good was showing up. What's rubbing me the wrong way is that she's been parading the "poor player" excuse way too frequently.

Why are you pretending to be a panicked noob Losty? "Oh because day one sucks and we usually need x or y player to get things going" Why didn't you realize that Kitty switched her vote before you responded Losty? "Oh I didn't see that, my bad, day one is so frustrating and I hate how we have to keep voting on such flimsy accusations." Why didn't you realize that I knew more about the night kill last night than I've been letting on, Losty? "Oh I'm a slow player, don't rub it in." Bullshit, you aren't this bad of a player Losty.

Ultimately, though, I think Losty should be lynched for being a hypocrite. She headed the wagon against Kitty with an ill-conceived notion of "pressure vote bandwagoning" being indicative of scummy play (despite the fact that she switched votes before Losty responded and Losty somehow "missed" this). That's why Kitty was lynched. Guley was the FIRST player to bandwagon against Kitty and back up Losty by adding a pressure vote, and they both held their votes on her until she was lynched. Guley literally did the exact same thing that Kitty did, but according to Losty, Kitty did a possible scum move, but Guley is "trustworthy."

Vote: Lynch Losty

My role PM matches exactly the sample role in the OP. My role matches exactly 2 dead/confirmed townies! <---- FACTS!!!

Brii claimed VT. That's 4! Until you & UnderP claimed, on the same day, after so many vanilla reveals... Dodgy ... did I have reason to believe town wasn't populated completely by VTs!

Aurora asked me to sign up for a quick game she put together real fast! After finding out my Role PM matched 3 others I've seen with my very own eyes, in her game thread, I figured it was put together REAL fast!

05-11-2015, 05:44 PM
(05-11-2015 03:42 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 02:18 PM)Losty Wrote:  I know you weren't directly quoting me. You were twisting my quotes to mean whatever you wanted them to mean. Guley and kitty were on the same page for me on day 1. Guley has since shown himself to at least appear town. You can call me a hypocrite if you like but maybe people will actually listen to me once I'm dead. I doubt it though. I won't be playing any more gagged games here.

Okay, point taken.

Why do you trust Guley so much?

I don't trust Guley "so much". I said, he seems trustworthy. The reason he seems trustworthy to me is just because his reactions to things seem consistent with how I would/have reacted. His thought process makes sense to me. So since he's the only one making sense then I want to trust him. You aren't making sense to me. I said I would vote with you because I didn't really feel like I have much other choice. No one else is playing and no one else has anything to offer. So yea I'll vote with you because there's nothing else, but you don't seem town to me. I don't get a town feel from you or ugp. This game is created where likely 5 people have the same role as the OP example. This type of game generally has slim pickings for power roles. Nothing fancy like what you're describing.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
05-11-2015, 05:49 PM
Not that a quick game put together real fast is any less fun than a needlessly intricate, & complicated one, Aurora! Tongue Hug Heart

When the quick game is PLAYED PLAYED played played
Ya'll hear that echo?
Crickets

05-11-2015, 05:51 PM
You snuck in that last post before I could reply to my own, Losty! Tongue

05-11-2015, 06:18 PM
It was a whole hour after yours lol

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
05-11-2015, 06:23 PM
(05-11-2015 06:18 PM)Losty Wrote:  It was a whole hour after yours lol

I know, but when I went to make that post explaining I wasn't slamming Aurora's game making skillz, no one else was in the thread with me! Tongue

This reminds me of that time I went to the museum on an off day! Shy So peaceful, and quiet, in here!

05-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Guley do you still think we should lynch wizard after his long post or who do you think is most suspicious?