Mafia game #43, The Shawshank Redemption

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
06-11-2015, 12:26 PM
RE: Mafia game #43, The Shawshank Redemption
(06-11-2015 10:03 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  Also, given that Tarty and I seem to be the only ones with roles, I believe some who have claimed to be VT are actually not. I mean, it's not like these roles are so important (sure, escaping death might be, but still) unless this game is balanced like Tarty said and Mafia can only either kill or investigate at night.

9 players will often have VTs with one or two PRs but usually the PRs are just generic roles like cop and Doctor. And then maybe the Mafia will have a roleblocker and some sort of investigative role. I've never seen one with all VTs and then fancy roles like you and tarty have. Doesn't mean it's not possible, but it makes me feel like someone is likely lying about their role.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
06-11-2015, 12:28 PM
Unvote: Losty

My apologies Losty, my thought processes have led my reasoning astray this game and resulted in some overzealous conclusions. I'll let the town decide who to vote for and will abstain from voting this day phase.

However, I can tell you for certain that Mafia do have the ability to investigate. I don't think UGP is Mafia and I find it likely there is at least one other power role in play. Beyond that I can't say much for certain, my theory on Mafia's limitations are just a theory.

[Image: giphy.gif]
06-11-2015, 12:30 PM
(05-11-2015 10:09 PM)Aroura Wrote:  
(05-11-2015 08:32 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why not? This ain't the Personal Issues and Support forum or the Boxing Ring. On what grounds? It's a goddam game for fuck's sake. Oh, and I don't give a fuck about your fucking rules. Tongue
I guess because I asked nicely and said please, isn't that a good enough reason?

Yes. Yes it is.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-11-2015, 12:40 PM
(05-11-2015 04:46 PM)wizardofthevoid Wrote:  Sorry for my part in this game not being that great. I've wanted to contribute, but honestly, I haven't known how to. Not to keep whining about being a newb.

I'm withholding until more information comes to light.

I have a question for Tarty, though. Was there any specific reason you chose underp to give the shank to?

I mean, there's about a 1 in 5 chance of it going to scum, who would then be able to kill two people at once, right? I'm a little skeptical, just because I feel like that could go really wrong.

Are you lying? Did you send the poster to protect underp? I know t they said they had a chance to escape death, but they could be lying. It could be an elaborate plot.

Or am I missing something?
Was it just a random pick?

It was a random pick to an extent, UGP is a close friend of mine so I drifted more towards her for my first item, Losty is also a good friend but I thought she was acting scummiest day one. It obviously carried risks but its not like I had anything to go on at that point, plus I figured I could get an idea of her alignment based on who she targeted, and that did end up providing some info.

I bet against my longevity in these games so when I'm provided a power role like this I need to utilize it immediately, that means sending items to people who's allegiance I don't know.

[Image: giphy.gif]
06-11-2015, 12:45 PM
(06-11-2015 12:21 PM)Losty Wrote:  Briiae is my number one suspect. I wanted to wait for her to show up so I can see what she has to say but I feel like if she does it will probably be at the very last moment. Does anyone know if Magi's clock is right now?

Yes, Magi's clock is now correct. Big Grin

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."
~Man in Black
[+] 1 user Likes Aroura's post
06-11-2015, 12:48 PM
With a little over 3 hours left in the day phase, the vote count is:

Briae: undergroundp

Not voting: Everyone else

~Man in Black
06-11-2015, 12:52 PM
Well the days almost up and I have irl stuff to do. I held off to see if she'd show and have anything to say but this is as long as I want to wait.

vote:lynch Princess Valhalla Hawkwind (briiae)

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
06-11-2015, 01:18 PM
Vote: lynch Wizard
06-11-2015, 01:41 PM
Just 2 hours left briiae. If you're town, feel free to scrounge up the best possible read list you can do for us.

06-11-2015, 03:29 PM
With just 30 minutes left in the day phase, the vote count is:

Briae: undergroundp, Losty
Wizard: Briiae

Not Voting: Guley, Magi, Wizard, Tarty

~Man in Black