Mafia game #43, The Shawshank Redemption

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
11-11-2015, 09:11 AM
RE: Mafia game #43, The Shawshank Redemption
Dunno, your absence feels really scummy Magi. It wasn't just one day anyway. I don't exactly trust Guley either, but you feel scummier so I'll just go with my gut.

Vote: Aoi Magi

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2015, 12:05 PM
Ok, assuming I was scum, what do I gain by remaining absent? Obviously at this stage nobody in their right mind would hope to fly under the radar by remaining absent, and it also makes no sense to distance from a scum wagon when that only ensures the spotlight is on you. So what would be my scum motivation, as per you?

At this point Guley at least made a good long post detailing his thoughts. You are voting for me with a one-liner gut feeling, at lylo, after I explained why I was absent. I don't mind you voting for me and being a vt I kind of was prepared for this mislynch from day one, but if you were town, at the very least put a bit more effort towards catching scum.

[Image: 004.sig]
11-11-2015, 01:22 PM
Give me ONE reason why I wouldn't kill two people the night I got that thing from Tarty. Wizard's role didn't say anything about being unable to kill the nights he'd investigate. So that leaves us with only one option: I was telling the truth about escaping death once and Mafia targeted me that night.

You either forgot about it (which is silly) or you're scum.

-Guybrush Threepwood-
11-11-2015, 01:24 PM
Also, you and Guley both claim to be VT. I DON'T. And it wouldn't make sense to have only one power role in the game (Tarty's).

-Guybrush Threepwood-
11-11-2015, 08:41 PM
(11-11-2015 01:22 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Give me ONE reason why I wouldn't kill two people the night I got that thing from Tarty. Wizard's role didn't say anything about being unable to kill the nights he'd investigate. So that leaves us with only one option: I was telling the truth about escaping death once and Mafia targeted me that night.

You either forgot about it (which is silly) or you're scum.

Forgot about what exactly? The night kill the scum get is normally a factional kill, and maybe the shank replaced that, because in this small a game where town has no cop type role, having the ability to double kill would be game breakingly over powered.

(11-11-2015 01:24 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Also, you and Guley both claim to be VT. I DON'T. And it wouldn't make sense to have only one power role in the game (Tarty's).

I am claiming VT because that's what my PM says.

As for your death-proof PR, that fits a scum perfectly, doesn't it? Obviously a scum wouldn't fear a night-kill from her partner. Also you claimed your death-avoidance role after it was clear that no one else knew anything about why there was no kills, and you claimed that you didn't fully understand it, which conveniently gives you wiggle-space to twist the claim if there was any other death-proof counter claim.

Next day you claimed you used vague words because you needed to survive the night. WHY? By that point, if you were town, you would have been a VT, and are you saying a VT is more important than a PR?

At this point I am only sure of what my own role PM says, and so I know either you or Guley is scum. But the more I think about it, the more I lean towards you being the scum.

11-11-2015, 09:33 PM
(11-11-2015 08:41 PM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 01:24 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Also, you and Guley both claim to be VT. I DON'T. And it wouldn't make sense to have only one power role in the game (Tarty's).

I am claiming VT because that's what my PM says.

As for your death-proof PR, that fits a scum perfectly, doesn't it? Obviously a scum wouldn't fear a night-kill from her partner. Also you claimed your death-avoidance role after it was clear that no one else knew anything about why there was no kills, and you claimed that you didn't fully understand it, which conveniently gives you wiggle-space to twist the claim if there was any other death-proof counter claim.

Next day you claimed you used vague words because you needed to survive the night. WHY? By that point, if you were town, you would have been a VT, and are you saying a VT is more important than a PR?

In the movie, Andy Duffraine & Red were the good guy duo. The warden and the captain of the guards were the bad guy duo. Tarty was Red(Irishman Wink Tongue ), and Void was Captain of the Guards! I would be extremely surprised to see Andy Dufraine, the mainest of characters, not be in this game, or be in it & be VT!

So I'm betting one of you is Andy Dufraine, and the other is the Warden.
And I'm betting you're the Warden, Aoi!

Sorry my posts are so late recently!

11-11-2015, 09:48 PM
(11-11-2015 09:33 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(11-11-2015 08:41 PM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  I am claiming VT because that's what my PM says.

In the movie, Andy Duffraine & Red were the good guy duo. The warden and the captain of the guards were the bad guy duo. Tarty was Red(Irishman Wink Tongue ), and Void was Captain of the Guards! I would be extremely surprised to see Andy Dufraine, the mainest of characters, not be in this game, or be in it & be VT!

Sorry my posts are so late recently!

Sorry, I haven't seen the movie (well I might've seen it, but I don't like these sort of movies so don't remember any of it) and I don't know any of the characters. My PM tells me I am a vt, that's it! If you are town, go read the thread and you'll see this is not my scum game, It's just 44 pages, on AF we'd be way over hundred by this point, so it ain't much to read.

11-11-2015, 09:53 PM
Also, you think underp is the good duo? because Tarty chose her? Tarty clearly said he chose her because he felt like it because of their relation outside the game. Tarty never said anything about being an in-game duo. So you are just making assumptions based on your presuppositions, without even actually trying to check things. If you are town, that is shitty anti-town play at lylo.

12-11-2015, 01:04 AM
(11-11-2015 08:41 PM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  Forgot about what exactly? The night kill the scum get is normally a factional kill, and maybe the shank replaced that, because in this small a game where town has no cop type role, having the ability to double kill would be game breakingly over powered.

There's no way the shank would replace that. With some bad handling, games can be imbalanced. That's just how Mafia is.

(11-11-2015 08:41 PM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  As for your death-proof PR, that fits a scum perfectly, doesn't it? Obviously a scum wouldn't fear a night-kill from her partner. Also you claimed your death-avoidance role after it was clear that no one else knew anything about why there was no kills, and you claimed that you didn't fully understand it, which conveniently gives you wiggle-space to twist the claim if there was any other death-proof counter claim.

Why should I be a VT? I didn't say anything about my role because it was obviously a power role. Why risk letting the Mafia know that it's only once they can't kill me?

(11-11-2015 09:48 PM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  Sorry, I haven't seen the movie (well I might've seen it, but I don't like these sort of movies so don't remember any of it) and I don't know any of the characters. My PM tells me I am a vt, that's it!

Oh, your pm has no character? Well that's the first time I hear about something like that in a Mafia game Tongue

(11-11-2015 09:33 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I would be extremely surprised to see Andy Dufraine, the mainest of characters, not be in this game, or be in it & be VT!

Of course! I am Andy Dufresne, as spelled in my role pm Tongue

-Guybrush Threepwood-
12-11-2015, 06:41 AM
(11-11-2015 09:53 PM)Aoi Magi Wrote:  Also, you think underp is the good duo? because Tarty chose her? Tarty clearly said he chose her because he felt like it because of their relation outside the game. Tarty never said anything about being an in-game duo. So you are just making assumptions based on your presuppositions, without even actually trying to check things. If you are town, that is shitty anti-town play at lylo.

I'm saying that I know I'm VT townie, and am betting one of you is Andy, while the other is the Warden. I also don't think Andy would be a VT as you are claiming. And UnderP's claim early on was that she had a one shot death proof ability, which kinda fits in with Andy's character from the movie being beaten & put in the infirmary for a month!

But if my figuring is wrong, & UnderP is the scum & defeats us, I'll take the responsibility for our loss. Bout to head out so I thought I'd throw 1 more of those in before the phase end tells me what's what! Confused