Poll: What type of game would you like to play next?
Standard Game
Noob-friendly Game
[Show Results]

Mafia in the making (set up and themes)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Mafia in the making (set up and themes)
I called dibs on making the next Mafia game (Mafia XVIII) and I wanted to get some feedback from some people before I start my game.

So the first Mafia game I ever hosted was a Marvel's X-Men themed game, with all roles and characters listed. I considered this a noob-moderate set up.

Recently, I wrote out a DC's Batman themed game, set up more like Hughsie's Kick Ass game, Cheetory's Adventure Time game, or Revenant's Paranoia Vault Tech game. The theme is very general and somewhat easy, but roles/characters are not listed.

However, I was wondering if I should write out a more Noob-friendly game to host next instead, or if people would be alright with moving onto the DC game and doing a Noob-friendly game later on. If we choose a more noob-friendly game, I'll save my DC game for a later time. I'm asking because at the start of the Kick Ass game, a couple of member that wanted to play were hesitant to join in on a more difficultly set up game. Another Noob game would be a chance to show more members the ropes of the game, so they're not completely lost during more difficult set up games.

This being the case, I have set up poll (it'd be awesome if you voted Thumbsup ) for people to decide on either the standard game next, or a noob-friendly game next.

Also, I'm all up for theme suggestions for the Noob-friendly game.

Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
12-11-2013, 05:39 PM
RE: Mafia in the making (set up and themes)
Depends if it'll be in November or December. Cuz I want to suggest a Holiday theme, which could be so NOOB.

Mafia: Grinch, Chas, Jack Frost

Townie: Santa, Gingerbread Man, St Nick, Christmas Tree, Jesus, Rudolf, etc.
[+] 7 users Like LadyJane's post
12-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Fersi,the standard game IS the noob friendly game.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
12-11-2013, 05:40 PM
(12-11-2013 04:50 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  I called dibs on making the next Mafia game (Mafia XVIII) and I wanted to get some feedback from some people before I start my game.

So the first Mafia game I ever hosted was a Marvel's X-Men themed game, with all roles and characters listed. I considered this a noob-moderate set up.

Recently, I wrote out a DC's Batman themed game, set up more like Hughsie's Kick Ass game, Cheetory's Adventure Time game, or Revenant's Paranoia Vault Tech game. The theme is very general and somewhat easy, but roles/characters are not listed.

However, I was wondering if I should write out a more Noob-friendly game to host next instead, or if people would be alright with moving onto the DC game and doing a Noob-friendly game later on. If we choose a more noob-friendly game, I'll save my DC game for a later time. I'm asking because at the start of the Kick Ass game, a couple of member that wanted to play were hesitant to join in on a more difficultly set up game. Another Noob game would be a chance to show more members the ropes of the game, so they're not completely lost during more difficult set up games.

This being the case, I have set up poll (it'd be awesome if you voted Thumbsup ) for people to decide on either the standard game next, or a noob-friendly game next.

Also, I'm all up for theme suggestions for the Noob-friendly game.

Smile
I call the next game after Ferdinand.

I already have the theme in mind.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
12-11-2013, 05:42 PM
(12-11-2013 05:40 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I call the next game after Ferdinand.

I already have the theme in mind.

Fuck you Stevie, I was gonna call the one after Ferdy's but just thought it was kinda premature to call it.

I call the one after yours.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
12-11-2013, 05:42 PM
(12-11-2013 05:39 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Depends if it'll be in November or December. Cuz I want to suggest a Holiday theme, which could be so NOOB.

ferdi, can we PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE please HAVE A CHAS ROLE IN THE GAME?

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
[+] 2 users Like Lightvader's post
12-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Or nightmare before Christmas Smile

[+] 1 user Likes smoothcriminal's post
12-11-2013, 05:44 PM
(12-11-2013 05:42 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 05:39 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  Depends if it'll be in November or December. Cuz I want to suggest a Holiday theme, which could be so NOOB.

ferdi, can we PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE please HAVE A CHAS ROLE IN THE GAME?

He could have an evil fluffy cat side kick.
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
12-11-2013, 05:46 PM
(12-11-2013 05:44 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 05:42 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  ferdi, can we PRETTY PRETTY PLEASE please HAVE A CHAS ROLE IN THE GAME?

He could have an evil fluffy cat side kick.

Yes! Me likey Smile

12-11-2013, 05:48 PM
(12-11-2013 05:44 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  He could have an evil fluffy cat side kick.
Tartarus?
[+] 4 users Like Cheetory6's post