Poll: Do you wish that God or a Higher Power did Exist? Or could you accept such a thing, if it suddenly became real for you?
Yes. It would answer a lot of questions instead of depending on science to theorize what it all means.
Yes if it gives me an avenue to heaven, why not?!
No! God or any Higher Power could never make sense to me
I think something exists but we're just not able to explain it, so because of that our ego's deny anything is possible.
What if WE are "God" and this is all an illusion we've created for our own amusement?
"I think an all-loving, all-powerful, all-knowing creator would be an amazing thing, and if I had the button to make it happen, I'd push it in a heartbeat
[Show Results]

Magic God (revised ;-) )

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2010, 02:15 PM

Magic God (revised ;-) )
I happened into a discussion last night wherein the topic of atheism came up. Someone, who is an agnostic, put forth a personal observation that they could not be an atheist because it would mean the absolute declaration they are completely alone, outside of what and who they know in this world.
As an agnostic, they felt at least there's a comfort in the possibility something exists that created all that exists, and is immanent, as they also relate to the philosophy of animism, even though the human consciousness can not describe what is at the source of all that is.

So that caused me to post this poll today. Smile The Poll questions reflect some of what was discussed last night.
Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2010, 02:18 PM

RE: Magic God (revised ;-) )
Whoa, how did you delete my post?
23-10-2010, 03:00 PM

(23-10-2010 02:18 PM)TruthAddict Wrote:  Whoa, how did you delete my post?
God did it.Angel She's fond of Polls.Tongue
23-10-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't think there's a choice up there that fits for me. I think an all-loving, all-powerful, all-knowing creator would be an amazing thing, and if I had the button to make it happen, I'd push it in a heartbeat. Unfortunately, it seems completely incompatible with what's going on with our world. I think a reincarnation system along with a loving god that watches over humanity and takes care of us through our advancements would BE heaven for me. But it's just impossible for me to believe in.

Deistic gods are, of course, still in the "possible" zone, as I think most people here would agree. But nothing like what I mentioned above. It just wouldn't make sense.

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2010, 04:17 PM

I wish I could edit the Poll so as to add such an option, Levi.
23-10-2010, 04:54 PM
I would be happy to have a god looking out for me and have everlasting life. I would be happy to be re-incarnated over and over to live different lives and to be able to remember all of them when I am in the spirit world. I would not be happy to sit around heaven playing a harp and singing praises to a megalomaniac for eternity. More than all of this, I just want to know what is real and what isn't. That is why I don't accept any idea of god, or an after-life. Nothing I have ever seen or expeienced indicates either of these things.
Find all posts by this user
23-10-2010, 06:22 PM
(23-10-2010 04:17 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  I wish I could edit the Poll so as to add such an option, Levi.

you can't edit the poll? If not, and you want another option added, let me know and I'll add it for you.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
23-10-2010, 07:26 PM
I think my life would be a damn sight easier with a god there to tell me what to do, but what's the fun? xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
23-10-2010, 08:34 PM
New option added to poll.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
24-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Let me just say that I have never seen a god for whom there was not clear evidence was a creation of the minds of man.

If a god did exist how would his definition be different from the god's formed out of the human mind? How would we even begin to tell the difference?