Poll: Do you wish that God or a Higher Power did Exist? Or could you accept such a thing, if it suddenly became real for you?
Yes. It would answer a lot of questions instead of depending on science to theorize what it all means.
Yes if it gives me an avenue to heaven, why not?!
No! God or any Higher Power could never make sense to me
I think something exists but we're just not able to explain it, so because of that our ego's deny anything is possible.
What if WE are "God" and this is all an illusion we've created for our own amusement?
"I think an all-loving, all-powerful, all-knowing creator would be an amazing thing, and if I had the button to make it happen, I'd push it in a heartbeat
[Show Results]

Magic God (revised ;-) )

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2010, 05:21 PM

RE: Magic God (revised ;-) )
(23-10-2010 08:34 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  New option added to poll.

Thank you. Smile
Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2010, 09:46 PM
If all gods are the process of human imagination what would a god not created by humans be like?

Mind you first you would have to break the first law of Thermodynamics...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2010, 09:51 PM

(24-10-2010 09:46 PM)Godless Wrote:  If all gods are the process of human imagination what would a god not created by humans be like?
Nothing we could even conceive save for to ask that very question, I expect.

Quote:Mind you first you would have to break the first law of Thermodynamics...
And yet, wouldn't a God outside of human conception also be beyond the laws attributed to humans observations?
24-10-2010, 09:59 PM
A god that does not exist of a natural world is outside the scope of our existence and therefore may as well just not exist. To interact with the natural world you must adhere by it's rules...

Of course I am tired while writing this so if it doesn't make any sense I'll be sure to clarify tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a good rest.
24-10-2010, 10:07 PM

(24-10-2010 09:59 PM)Godless Wrote:  A god that does not exist of a natural world is outside the scope of our existence and therefore may as well just not exist. To interact with the natural world you must adhere by it's rules...

Of course I am tired while writing this so if it doesn't make any sense I'll be sure to clarify tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a good rest.
I would think anything that was "God" and thus creator of the natural law, would be able to transcend what would otherwise confine the limited human consciousness that would be employed to imagine what a "god" was. As would be evident in thinking a higher power than that which describes the first law of thermodynamics as an absolute, would then imagine the creator of that which was observed and afforded that "law" to then be confined to obeying it.

And ditto to the rest of what you said. It is late. So I'm probably not making sense. (Comes with the territory of trying to imagine the impossible three letter word. And no it's not, "Huh?" Tongue)

A good rest and sweetest dreaming to all.
26-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Making a car from scratch does not enable us to bypass the rules of how the engine works.

If god wishes to interact with a natural complex world then at some degree he would have to work within natural means where his actions could be observed and interaction could occur.

Of course the very idea of being outside of the natural world and omnipresence are contradictory. If we wish to listen to someone that is not where we are or see things far away from our location we must use some means of physical technology to achieve this.
26-10-2010, 08:44 PM
A loving god and reincarnation seem great. But just because an idea is nice doesn't mean its feasible. As for what a non-man created god would be like just check out Q in the Star Trek Next Generation universe. Still the guy seems more malevolent than benevolent ...
Still , it's the first thing that comes to mind.

Also we could build a god.
(Geeks only :
http://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=9JfnFXdkSTI
)
26-10-2010, 09:22 PM

(26-10-2010 08:21 PM)Godless Wrote:  Making a car from scratch does not enable us to bypass the rules of how the engine works.

If god wishes to interact with a natural complex world then at some degree he would have to work within natural means where his actions could be observed and interaction could occur.

Of course the very idea of being outside of the natural world and omnipresence are contradictory.
I wouldn't think so, if one considers animism as relative to omnipresence. Also, omnipresence would be universally present within the "natural world". Which is not the only world nor dimension.

Quote:If we wish to listen to someone that is not where we are or see things far away from our location we must use some means of physical technology to achieve this.
Would that apply to anything that would be defined as "God"?
If we take it as God is infinite, omni-genetic, and omniscient,(which wouldn't be confined to our conceptual knowledge), and omnipresent, that what you claim would be requisite for communication would apply in our conscious reality. But would that apply to a consciousness beyond what we can conceive consciously?
26-10-2010, 09:27 PM
First if your going to imply that there is more to reality then just the natural world you won't mind if I ask you for evidence of that claim. Smile

I have found no evidence in favor of that claim so I don't believe it. At which point my post above is accurate.
26-10-2010, 09:53 PM

(26-10-2010 09:27 PM)Godless Wrote:  First if your going to imply that there is more to reality then just the natural world you won't mind if I ask you for evidence of that claim. Smile

I have found no evidence in favor of that claim so I don't believe it. At which point my post above is accurate.

I would say it is plausible, in as much as you have trust what you know as reality and this natural world is all there is. However, I wouldn't agree it is possible to claim your statement is accurate, when not everything in this natural world is wholly explained to the point of discounting the possibility afforded by my previous statements. Smile