Magic Mushrooms & Ketamine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2011, 03:07 AM
Magic Mushrooms & Ketamine
http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/16/ma...long-term/

Interesting, interesting. I just used them last week, it was great and I always knew there is something cool in this, old shamans were not that crazy... Smile Gotta love these "highly illegal and extremely dangerous" drugs. Smile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now this is something else, when I tried this I thought it was one of the strongest substances there are and it never occurred to me that it could cure depression, long time... This is groundbreaking, it has showed a whole new look on how human brain works.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/15/a-...o-quickly/

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2011, 07:56 AM
RE: Magic Mushrooms & Ketamine
Interesting indeed. All we have to do is make sure that the hllucinating people don't go anywhere's or get their hands on pointy object and everything is good.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
09-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Let me put forward that I am 100% Libertarian on this issue, I think people should be able to get high, schnockered, and shit faced if they so choose.

I seem to remember some study that showed hallucinogens cause permanent or long term (years) changes in one's personality. Here it is, I found it:
http://www.livescience.com/16287-mushroo...-term.html

For some reason, I am emotionally attached to my personality, we have been together many years, and I really don't feel like having it changed by some substance. For the longest time the pro-hallucinogenics community (if you want to call it that) claimed they cause no permanent effect or brain damage. While I don't know if changing one's personality can be considered "brain damage", I think it's a rather radical effect, and one I really don't want to deal with.
Moreover, there are some really dark places in my psyche that I would NEVER unleash with hallucinogenics. Bad trips don't attract me one bit.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
09-11-2011, 01:19 PM
I posted a thread in the pseudoscience section about Terence McKenna and his "Stoned Ape Theory". He talked about how mushrooms caused our ancient ancestors brains to "grow" quickly. Psilocybin is mentioned in that article, and that's the extract from the shroom that, according to McKenna, made us into what we are today. Cantor posted there and his post made me think that McKenna had an agenda to get it legalized or something, but most likely that's not the agenda he meant. As for the personality change, I think folks being more "open" is a good thing. But it should be a choice.

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” -Siddhārtha Gautama
"I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” -Lao Tzu
"...thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..." -Jesus
09-11-2011, 02:06 PM
(09-11-2011 01:19 PM)Thinking about Myths Wrote:  I posted a thread in the pseudoscience section about Terence McKenna and his "Stoned Ape Theory". He talked about how mushrooms caused our ancient ancestors brains to "grow" quickly. Psilocybin is mentioned in that article, and that's the extract from the shroom that, according to McKenna, made us into what we are today. Cantor posted there and his post made me think that McKenna had an agenda to get it legalized or something, but most likely that's not the agenda he meant. As for the personality change, I think folks being more "open" is a good thing. But it should be a choice.

The thing is that while we know much about brain chemistry, there's also much we don't know. So permanent changes in the chemistry of the brain could be a good thing or not. In general, with other intoxicating substances, it seems the long term changes to the brain are NOT positive. While we can't draw conclusions about hallucinogens based on what other intoxicating substances do, it gives ME PERSONALLY pause for thought.

English is not my first language. If you think I am being mean, ask me. It could be just a wording problem.
10-04-2014, 01:03 AM
Magic mushrooms have always been favored by some drug users. Now, one study finds that the same mushrooms might have utilizes in psychotherapy. The study discovered that religious participants that took psilocybin, the active drug in magic mushrooms, reported mystical encounters and better life satisfaction 14 months later.