Magical disappearing priest....and those who believe the story.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2013, 05:26 PM
Magical disappearing priest....and those who believe the story.
http://now.msn.com/mysterious-priest-per...-car-crash

So, yeah.... The story was obviously posted simply to grab hits on their shoddy "news" site. (think a "national enquirer"-esq story) They know anytime they post feel good nonsense about magical beings that involve the christian gawd in some way, theyll garner tons of views. So I dont even bother to watch the video, as I know its garbage. I went straight for the comments sections.

I do not know why i'm still dumbfounded by the utter gullibility and stupidity of my fellow man, but I am. ( I was once one of the flock myself, so I know how it happens, but I am still amazed) Have a look see. Its overwhelming. The posts themselves, and then the thousands of "likes" they received. While people are waking up, its a slow go. Rational thought and reason are still playing catch up to feel good fairy tales. No
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2013, 05:32 PM
RE: Magical disappearing priest....and those who believe the story.
(09-08-2013 05:26 PM)Temple Wrote:  http://now.msn.com/mysterious-priest-per...-car-crash

So, yeah.... The story was obviously posted simply to grab hits on their shoddy "news" site. (think a "national enquirer"-esq story) They know anytime they post feel good nonsense about magical beings that involve the christian gawd in some way, theyll garner tons of views. So I dont even bother to watch the video, as I know its garbage. I went straight for the comments sections.

I do not know why i'm still dumbfounded by the utter gullibility and stupidity of my fellow man, but I am. ( I was once one of the flock myself, so I know how it happens, but I am still amazed) Have a look see. Its overwhelming. The posts themselves, and then the thousands of "likes" they received. While people are waking up, its a slow go. Rational thought and reason are still playing catch up to feel good fairy tales. No

It was on freakin' ABC World News tonight, in a very credulous presentation.

Seriously - no suggestion that there was a prosaic explanation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2013, 05:35 PM
(09-08-2013 05:26 PM)Temple Wrote:  http://now.msn.com/mysterious-priest-per...-car-crash

The thing is, it was on THE NBC Nightly News last night. Weeping
It was not explicitly presented/stated as a "miracle", but they might as well have.
I laughed so hard, I almost choked. So priests are chasing ambulances for business now too ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
09-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Lawd jeebus. It's made national news. Its worse than I thought. Shocking
[+] 1 user Likes Temple's post
09-08-2013, 05:44 PM
(09-08-2013 05:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  It was on freakin' ABC World News tonight, in a very credulous presentation.

Seriously - no suggestion that there was a prosaic explanation.

Yes, I was at my cousin's house and he had the news on and I heard this. Nobody suggested anything other than magical disappearing priests and miracles. It was quite disturbing.
Quote:It was not explicitly presented/stated as a "miracle", but they might as well have.
I dunno what channel my cousin had on, but they actually used the word "miracle" repeatedly.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2013, 06:51 PM
I notice the priest failed to actually extract the victim from the vehicle...

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.