Magneto: the early years

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Magneto: the early years
The boy with the magnetic personality: Six-year-old Croatian strongman can stick metal objects to his body (full article)

In many respects, Ivan Stoiljkovic is much like any other six-year-old boy in his city.

He enjoys kicking a ball around in the garden of the home he shares with his family and is learning to play the accordion as a hobby.

But there are some areas of his magnetic personality where Ivan differs greatly - namely his ability to stick metal objects to his body.

[Image: article-0-0BFF52FA00000578-775_634x466.jpg]

[Image: article-0-0BFF530500000578-438_306x359.jpg]

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2011, 12:57 PM

RE: Magneto: the early years
That tickles me in a nice purr-inducing way. If that barrel-boy could in fact generate a magnetic field strong enough to attach a pan to himself, the source of it should lie on his head, not his stomach. The brain in the only proper source of electricity in the human body and still that is not even the 0.1% of what is required. Perhaps he swallowed a giant dynamo. >_>

It is also kinda ridiculous that the attaching process is not videotaped. We see the boy with the forks and the boy without them; and occasionally a screenshot of someone trying to attach something but the scene cuts abruptly.

Also, why doesn't an attraction force that is strong enough to attach a fork on him and stay there motionless, also cause contraction to the skin. Fake belly?

If I wanted to sound funny I would say that the boy ate 12 litters of lentil soup and then stepped on a concealed magnet on the ground.

A similar story that I'm yet to decide on whether it's either fact or hoax is this:

http://www.snotr.com/video/6439/Extraord...The_Iceman
Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Love to see the little beggar at an airport check in... Smile

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
11-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Apparently this can be accomplished because of the overproduction of oils on the boys skin and not magnetic attraction due to electricity. This is something that he will inevitably lose the ability to do as he matures. A simple test would be to try aluminum.

Evolve
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
11-05-2011, 02:05 PM

(11-05-2011 01:56 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Apparently this can be accomplished because of the overproduction of oils on the boys skin and not magnetic attraction due to electricity.

So, basically, this is the effect of an abhorrence towards the use of soap. The more I found out about this boy, the more 'attracted' I feel to him. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Celestus87's post
12-05-2011, 07:23 AM
(11-05-2011 02:05 PM)Celestus87 Wrote:  
(11-05-2011 01:56 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Apparently this can be accomplished because of the overproduction of oils on the boys skin and not magnetic attraction due to electricity.

So, basically, this is the effect of an abhorrence towards the use of soap. The more I found out about this boy, the more 'attracted' I feel to him. Heart

Harharhar

Evolve
12-05-2011, 12:02 PM
I can make a spoon stick to my nose for a little while! Big Grin
LOL

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-05-2011, 12:23 PM
(12-05-2011 12:02 PM)ebilekittae Wrote:  I can make a spoon stick to my nose for a little while! Big Grin
LOL

Stay put, a FOX news helicopter is on its way Tongue

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
[+] 1 user Likes Thammuz's post
14-05-2011, 01:29 AM
This kid is all over our newspapers for the last month or so. Interesting. Some say he has the "Sai Baba gene", whatever that is. And he can make the pain go away with his touch. Maybe I'll go and see him one day, to make sure he is the real deal.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
14-05-2011, 03:15 AM

(14-05-2011 01:29 AM)Filox Wrote:  And he can make the pain go away with his touch.

This was the part that originally made me think his 'ability' had to do with magnetism... How the heck can your own stinking grease help another person feel no pain is beyond me. Dodgy

Perhaps he always carries a syringe with anesthetic up his sleeve or something.

[Image: hoax.jpg]