Magnets: How do they work?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
03-03-2014, 10:01 AM
The #Science Hashtagging onto completely ludicrous ideas doesn't end with Ken Ham and the Creation Pseudoscientists.

A Nigerian "Science" student has "proved" gay marriage is "impossible" using. . . Magnets?

"If you bring two South Poles together you find that the two South Poles will not attract indicating that same sex marriage should not hold. A female should not attract a female as South Pole of a magnet does not attract the South Pole of a magnet. But, when you bring a North Pole of a magnet and a South Pole of a magnet they will attract because they are not the same, indicating that a man will attract a woman because of the way nature has made a female… That is how I used physics to prove gay marriage wrong.”

- See more at: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyath...age-wrong/

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2014, 10:55 AM
RE: Magnets: How do they work?
What a total dumbfuck.

[Image: giphy.gif]
03-03-2014, 11:03 AM
Awesome. Dodgy

So many cats, so few good recipes.
03-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Makes total sense. Dodgy

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
03-03-2014, 12:41 PM
(03-03-2014 10:01 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  "If you bring two South Poles together you find that the two South Poles will not attract indicating that same sex marriage should not hold.
This is why missionary position is so very awkward.
69 is perfect!
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
03-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Well, there's an easy fix for that. Just apply a strong electric current to one of the gays, and induce a reversal of polarity. Problem solved!

... this is my signature!
03-03-2014, 12:59 PM
I'll prove him wrong, using culinary science! Hell, I'll prove that the only viable marriage is gay marriage.

Take two foods: blue moon ice cream and nacho cheese Doritos. Now, I'll allow you to take two helpings, however you want between the two (two scoops of ice cream, two helpings or chips, or one of each). If you were to eat both helpings at the same time, which combinations would taste good, and which would taste bad?

Therefore, mixing ice cream and chips is bad (dare I say, an abomination?).

I feel the leap in logic that males and females are "opposites" and that they correspond to the poles on magnets is about the same as assuming men and women are like the above-mentioned foods and that said foods are "opposites".
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post
03-03-2014, 01:01 PM
[Image: u9y4emev.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
03-03-2014, 01:53 PM
Since either pole will stick to a refrigerator, wouldn't that mean that all types of relationships are acceptable providing there's a very large asexual in the middle?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcmPL4codsbtiJhpFav3r...-w_49ttW6a]
[+] 3 users Like Jeffasaurus's post
03-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Incorrect. That only indicates it's moral to have sex with and marry refrigerators.

[+] 4 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post