Mail Order Brides/Grooms... It's a booming business.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2016, 11:13 AM
RE: Mail Order Brides/Grooms... It's a booming business.
(27-04-2016 11:29 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I know a guy who ordered a bride from soemwhere in eastern Europe. She showed up at his door with her "brother". Dude sleeps in the guest room.

I ordered mine from Beverly Hills. He showed up at the door with his lawyer. Big Grin

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
28-04-2016, 12:13 PM
(28-04-2016 09:12 AM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 06:57 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  My question is what man is stupid enough to get married period? As I see it marriage is the modern form of slavery. Women on the other hand, good job. Not being sarcastic, I have a respect for women who get married, but not men. Now does it work for men sometimes? Sure, but you are the exception to the rule bro. You should be acknowledge, not counted.

Are you saying that a man who gets married is selling himself into slavery?

Did you then go on to congratulate women as slave owners?(that's fucked up)

Or did you congratulate women on also being slaves (maybe more fucked up?)

1. yes

2. Not so much that part, but the fact they could get a man to propose to her.

3. I don't know where you got the women being slave things, but no, I could never support that.

Now if you want me to use a different word than slavery I can.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-04-2016, 01:20 PM
(28-04-2016 05:23 AM)izel Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 07:41 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Though the internet dating is new the idea of mail order brides is not. My grandparents were proud of the fact that he wrote to an agency in Sweden and paid for her to come meet him in Chicago when they were both still teenagers. He lived in Michigan on his father's farm and they were German descended.He had never been to Chicago either. They had very few words in common at first,but stayed together until he died about 90 days after he retired at age 65. My father was born less than 10 months after her arrival.

Ha! Few words in common obviously were the important ones Laugh out load

He: "Voulez-vous?" (It's in the eyebrow motions)

She: "Oui!"
29-04-2016, 08:56 AM
NPR had an interview with a woman who recently wrote a book about the Russian/American mail order bride situation that was prevalent back in the 1990's. I can't seem to find the interview but from what I remember the author found that what Russian women were looking for was rather the opposite of what American men were looking for.

Russian women had become use to being the hard working head of the house and had to toughen up over the decades. The writer claimed Russian men had fallen to drinking and generally being assholes. The writer also said that Russia, even today, is suffering from a shortage of men left over from the massive kill off in WW II and even as far back as the Russian Revolution. The best and strongest men fought and died in these battles and Russian women now have to deal with the leftovers male population, the children and grandchildren who didn't go to war.

So enter American men who are looking for a subservient, docile woman who will cook, clean and be sex ready any time of the day. Russia women however don't fit this description anymore and in the end the men were rather disappointed.

It was a very interesting interview. I wish I could find the damned thing. I heard it on the radio about 7 or 8 months ago.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.