Makayla Sault, girl who refused chemo for leukemia, dies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2015, 06:57 AM
Makayla Sault, girl who refused chemo for leukemia, dies

http://www.cbc.ca/news/aboriginal/makayl...-1.2829885

this is so sad yet its even more sad that there is nothing surprising about this, rejecting medical treatment for faith healing consistently results in this every damn time
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Ace's post
22-01-2015, 09:11 AM
RE: Makayla Sault, girl who refused chemo for leukemia, dies
What's really sad is she's too young to have refused chemo all by herself. Some dipshit adult fed her a bunch of woo and she died because of it. Sad

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 4 users Like Impulse's post
22-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Where the hell was the ethics committee on this?!?!??! This should have never fucking happened.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
22-01-2015, 10:13 AM
She died of double cancer, since religion counts as one.
[+] 7 users Like Typho2k's post
22-01-2015, 10:18 AM
(22-01-2015 09:36 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Where the hell was the ethics committee on this?!?!??! This should have never fucking happened.

Nurse, please explain the parameters of the ethics committee in a hospital.
After reading this my first reaction is that it was criminal and a waste of money if they can't stand up for a child.Angry

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-01-2015, 10:54 AM
(22-01-2015 09:36 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Where the hell was the ethics committee on this?!?!??! This should have never fucking happened.

Exactly, right???

I have no words that the doctors didn't advocate. If what they say is true, and she had a 75% shot at remission, WTF?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-01-2015, 10:54 AM
There's another girl, a teenager, who's foregoing chemo but I don't think it's because of religious reasons. The mom has convinced the teen daughter that it's the old evil modern medicine, big pharma that is the enemy.

I think the real enemy in both cases is stupidity.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-01-2015, 02:01 PM
She is, sadly was, a minor. He parents should be prosecuted.

I am sure the doctors would have explained to the child that the chemo would make her feel ill but that was necessary in order to cure the cancer.

Asswipe parents like these really piss me off.

I couldn't have but 1 kid and morons like these have the fortune to have children and do this to them.

Really sickens me......
[+] 1 user Likes JakSiemasz's post
22-01-2015, 02:19 PM
(22-01-2015 06:57 AM)Ace Wrote:  http://www.cbc.ca/news/aboriginal/makayl...-1.2829885

Quote:"... She is now safely in the arms of Jesus," her family said in a statement published by the Two Row Times.

They have a very strange way of using the word "safely".
Censored

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
22-01-2015, 02:32 PM
(22-01-2015 06:57 AM)Ace Wrote:  this is so sad yet its even more sad that there is nothing surprising about this, rejecting medical treatment for faith healing consistently results in this every damn time

Part of the problem is, there are no shortage of bullshit stories about miracle cures that religious people accept without verification. To them, faith healing works and alternatives simply aren't given consideration. To them, this isn't the obvious outcome.

It'd be nice if there were some type of mandatory PSA on faith healing. I know plenty of fundies would see it as an attack on Christianity, but so what? They consider being forced to treat gay people equally or provide insurance that provides birth control as attacks, too. We should worry more about the lives of people and less about the fragile sensibilities of fundies.
[+] 3 users Like RobbyPants's post