Makayla Sault, girl who refused chemo for leukemia, dies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-01-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: Makayla Sault, girl who refused chemo for leukemia, dies
(22-01-2015 09:36 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Where the hell was the ethics committee on this?!?!??! This should have never fucking happened.

Nurse,
I suspect this was all done on an outpatient basis. No inpatient care, no ethics committee involvement. DHHS should have gotten involved, though. Do they have such a thing in Canada?

Doc
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes docskeptic's post
23-01-2015, 12:33 AM
It gets worse.

Makayla Sault's death shifts the spotlight to 'J.J's' plight

As for ethics, this is the scum at the heart of the problem:

'Doctor' treating First Nations girls says cancer patients can heal themselves

Florida spa that treated First Nations girls with cancer faces lawsuits from ex-staff

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
23-01-2015, 01:08 AM
(22-01-2015 09:36 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Where the hell was the ethics committee on this?!?!??! This should have never fucking happened.

That depends on what you mean.

The quack in Florida is scum of the lowest order. The only ethics board he is ever likely to come into contact with will involve a sharp blow to the back of his head with a 2 by 4.

The hospitals and health organization in Canada are facing a much thornier problem. Our country has a very shameful history of mistreating aboriginal people, including a quaint series of experiments on the starvation of school children that looks like we were getting our research guidance from the likes of Josef Mengele. The result is that things get very complicated for the Canadian government if they try to force an aboriginal family, or worse, a child, to undergo medical treatment against their beliefs.

The families involved are claiming that they're treating the leukemia with aboriginal practices. That's accurate in one sense since thy are using teas based on aboriginal customs. A more complete story is that they are largely relying on this quack in Florida.

What it boils down to is that there's a fraudulent bastard who's preying on the desperate. The Canadian government has no moral high ground to take in this issue so it's impotent.

The single bit of good news is that the second child is currently in remission. That may not hold but it's hope.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
23-01-2015, 05:02 AM
Quote:"Surrounded by the love and support of her family, her community and her nation … Makayla completed her course. She is now safely in the arms of Jesus," her family said in a statement published by the Two Row Times.

So they shun modern medicine, but have succumbed to modern religion. Neat.

I still perceive them as less harmful than the anti vaxxers, though.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
23-01-2015, 05:18 AM
(23-01-2015 05:02 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
Quote:"Surrounded by the love and support of her family, her community and her nation … Makayla completed her course. She is now safely in the arms of Jesus," her family said in a statement published by the Two Row Times.

So they shun modern medicine, but have succumbed to modern religion. Neat.

I still perceive them as less harmful than the anti vaxxers, though.

Unlike the anti-vaxxers, these poor deluded people only kill one at a time.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
23-01-2015, 06:58 AM
saying that their daughter died because of the therapy is just a way of dodging responsibility, there's no other way to say it

they need t make child health care free and mandatory, and ban faith healing

I don't give a damn about freedom of religion on this matter, lets actually persecute them and their beliefs, maybe then they'll understand what the word means
23-01-2015, 08:59 AM
(22-01-2015 02:01 PM)JakSiemasz Wrote:  She is, sadly was, a minor. He parents should be prosecuted.

I am sure the doctors would have explained to the child that the chemo would make her feel ill but that was necessary in order to cure the cancer.

Asswipe parents like these really piss me off.

I couldn't have but 1 kid and morons like these have the fortune to have children and do this to them.

Really sickens me......

I know exactly how you feel..
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post
23-01-2015, 11:04 AM
(23-01-2015 01:08 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:  

That depends on what you mean.

The quack in Florida is scum of the lowest order. The only ethics board he is ever likely to come into contact with will involve a sharp blow to the back of his head with a 2 by 4.

The hospitals and health organization in Canada are facing a much thornier problem. Our country has a very shameful history of mistreating aboriginal people, including a quaint series of experiments on the starvation of school children that looks like we were getting our research guidance from the likes of Josef Mengele. The result is that things get very complicated for the Canadian government if they try to force an aboriginal family, or worse, a child, to undergo medical treatment against their beliefs.

The families involved are claiming that they're treating the leukemia with aboriginal practices. That's accurate in one sense since thy are using teas based on aboriginal customs. A more complete story is that they are largely relying on this quack in Florida.

What it boils down to is that there's a fraudulent bastard who's preying on the desperate. The Canadian government has no moral high ground to take in this issue so it's impotent.

The single bit of good news is that the second child is currently in remission. That may not hold but it's hope.

Indeed.

"Shut up and listen to your betters" is a line the Canadian government - in light of generations of systematic abuse - simply cannot take.
(it is of course also true that all competent adults may refuse medical treatment; the core of the issue here was trying to decide the extent to which the child's "beliefs" might be taken separately from her surrounding community)

There was no possible way for this to end well.

... this is my signature!
23-01-2015, 11:08 AM
Although the most special part is that fucking Jesus was imposed on the various first nations peoples at gunpoint, no less than any other "Western" ideas supplanting "traditional" beliefs...

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
23-01-2015, 01:28 PM
http://deadstate.org/here-is-the-devasta...les-chart/

just found this while looking for more stuff on this lil girl matter