Make The Oil Companies Richer & Gas Prices Will Come Down

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Make The Oil Companies Richer & Gas Prices Will Come Down
More smarmy batshit-insane Republican doctrine. Huh
I can't think of anything less American than a goddamned Republican...

VIDEO & STORY HERE

Time and again, Republican elected officials acting on behalf of their masters in industry, promote policies that will make more money for the 1%. They like to tell the rest of us that the true secret to the 99% having jobs and low prices is to make the rich richer. Their reasoning all too often smacks of nothing less than blackmail.

Yesterday, while appearing on CNN, the always effervescent Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R. KY) told Candy Crowley that gas prices would come down if the government would simply lower taxes on the oil companies. Crowley asked McConnell if that was fair in light of the record profits the oil companies are making and the numerous subsidies and tax loopholes they already receive that cost the national treasury billions of dollars.

Like all good Republicans, McConnell was having none of that nonsense. He quickly chided Crowley for using “Democratic talking points.” When you raise facts with political conservatives you are automatically guilty of promoting a liberal agenda. To hell with facts. Facts are so inconvenient. “Please watch Fox Noise if you really want the truth.”

The irony of McConnell's blatant lies and hypocrisy is that it is the Republicans who consistently demand that the government not interfere in the private sector and let the free market work out its own problems, e.g. the government should never have bailed out the auto industry. But thinking people know that gas prices are not high at the moment because of taxes on oil companies; gas prices are high because the ‘free’ world market has driven them higher. But far be it for the Mitch McConnell’s of the world to ever speak the truth or miss an opportunity to promote the bottom line of the private sector.

Shame on Mitch McConnell for exclusively working on behalf of big business and not those who sent him to Washington. Shame on the people of Kentucky who keep re-electing him.

Alas...

[Image: 0832984001338019225.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Quidsane's post
05-04-2012, 06:17 AM
RE: Make The Oil Companies Richer & Gas Prices Will Come Down
Why does s a lot of americans think that the petrol price is high oh yea that's because they are driving SUVs
Try to come to Europe then you would feel gas price.

And about the republicans being greedy isn't new ;D

A rebellious atheist since nineteen ninety five.

I killed your god and replaced it with myself! So bow before my supremacy my sheeps.
If you think about it you will see what sheep means Wink
05-04-2012, 07:41 AM
I don't know why anyone thinks there is anything that can be done about gas prices. It's a globally traded product with a market price. And we aren't short on supply. No one questions why the government doesn't do anything about the price of a gallon of milk. Why with gas do they think there is a magic wand that can fix it? Too many idiots listening to Newt I guess.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
05-04-2012, 07:52 AM
I cant believe some people still buy into this politics shit........ its fixed..... its rigged.

No democracy.... just the feeling of it when elections are held.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
05-04-2012, 08:37 AM
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT321f3A4V9Xoe7jSdNf7e...22mcI6l5gp]

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
05-04-2012, 12:11 PM
(05-04-2012 07:52 AM)bemore Wrote:  I cant believe some people still buy into this politics shit........ its fixed..... its rigged.

No democracy.... just the feeling of it when elections are held.
This is the truth. But still, at least when you vote for a Democrat there is a slight chance he will put on lube before jamming that red, white & blue dick down your asshole.

PS: The president has almost no power over the price of gasoline.
[+] 1 user Likes Antirepublican's post