RE: Make fun of your ex-faith
What do you mean "like Egor"?

I'm lost here.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2012, 04:37 PM
Have you not been keeping up with Egor? The thought of a Christian God is abhorrent to him. At least he stated this at one point.

Of course, then he switched back and said that he believes in him, then... went ahead and restated his fear and loathing for this God... he's pretty confused.
One can go through a lot of things when one is trying to screw the noggin on, huh? Thumbsup

Anyway, having an Atheist view just means that for some, there is no belief of a higher power. For some, it doesn't mean there isn't a higher power, just that it's not a belief of one.

Hating God has nothing to do with having an Atheist view. It just means you hate something. (usually something about yourself)

I'm a vegetarian - it doesn't mean I hate meat, it just means I don't eat it.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
28-06-2012, 05:58 PM
Making fun of your ex's would be more fun Wink

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
[+] 1 user Likes aurora's post
28-06-2012, 06:08 PM
(28-06-2012 05:58 PM)aurora Wrote:  Making fun of your ex's would be more fun Wink
All of them? Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
28-06-2012, 06:20 PM
(28-06-2012 06:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(28-06-2012 05:58 PM)aurora Wrote:  Making fun of your ex's would be more fun Wink
All of them? Big Grin
Nah, just the really fucked up ones Tongue

28-06-2012, 06:26 PM
(28-06-2012 06:20 PM)aurora Wrote:  
(28-06-2012 06:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  All of them? Big Grin
Nah, just the really fucked up ones Tongue
So...All of them? Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
28-06-2012, 06:29 PM
(28-06-2012 06:26 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-06-2012 06:20 PM)aurora Wrote:  Nah, just the really fucked up ones Tongue
So...All of them? Big Grin
Exactly Yes

28-06-2012, 06:40 PM

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
29-06-2012, 02:09 AM
(28-06-2012 02:35 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Leela, I have to ask... and please be honest... if my post was this:

Mine is Christian:

I used to think I was smarter than everyone.
I used to think everyone who was an atheist was below me.
I used to think that God was in control of everything.
I used to believe that there wasn't a rational explanation for everything.
I used to think all atheists were nuts.
I used to have a giant chip on my shoulders towards non-Christians.
I used to annoyingly challenge everyone who wasn't a Christian in debate just to berate their beliefs.

Would you have reacted differently?
No I would not. I think there is a fine line between making fun of yourself and making yourself look very bad. And what you did was making yourself look very bad. This was meant for people to post things that are indeed funny if you look at if objective.
But for example, thinking you are better than someone is not funny, challenging everyone is not funny, etc etc...
Sure that is always a bit subjectively received, and one may see the drama in the funny things as well, like "haha I used to talk to my invisible friend and thought he would help me - but - oh no - there are millions of people still doing that, how sad is that?" But still there was a haha. You see the difference?
So although making fun of atheism in an atheist forum is a bit edgy, as long as it is actually funny I think we all can have a good laugh at it...
Like... say... "I used to answer all questions with 'the big bang is the answer'" or something weird like that.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-06-2012, 05:01 AM
When I began Catholic school in the 6th grade we were lined up and marched to the church every week to confess our sins.

A bunch of 11 and 12 year olds making up sins and rehearsing them in our minds so that we had something to say. ....I had impure thoughts 6 times this week, I was angry with my parents 4 times this week, blah, blah, blah.

Seemingly no matter what you told the priest, in a bored voice he told you to say The Act of Contrition and five Hail Marys, which was apparently the cure for everything.

You can Google The Act of Contrition, the versions I found were a little different from the one I remember. Basically it's a prayer telling God you are sorry that you hurt his feelings and that you will try to do better.

Bless me father for I have sinned, my last confession was a week ago....list sins. Priest mumbles a few things and in silhouette you can see him make the sign of the cross. Go out and dip finger in holy water font and cross yourself...lots of crosses. Genuflect before the altar and scoot into a pew with the other mini-sinners and start your repentance.

Oh my God I am heartily sorry for having offended thee, and I detest of all my sins because of thy just punishment...

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women...times five.

Fidget till everyone is done then line up and act like 6th graders on the way back to school. What just happened forgotten because we had been forgiven our 'transgressions'.

I wondered even then why I had to tell a MAN what I had supposedly done when God already knew everything that I had done and what was in my heart and mind.

Oh, and we had just lied to the priest about our sins leaving us with a new sin to start tallying up for the next week.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post