Making the Punisment Fit the Crime (PETA painters)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2016, 05:23 PM
RE: Making the Punisment Fit the Crime (PETA painters)
(25-11-2016 05:17 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(25-11-2016 02:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah, when you think of the name People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, it sounds very innocuous. Who wouldn't be for that?

Standard propaganda technique for attracting cohorts and disguising their true agenda: American Family Association, American Congress for Truth, American Freedom Party, Center for Security Policy, Family Research Council, Oath Keepers, Pioneer Fund, Traditionalist Worker Party, ...

Works only on idiots.

Pro-life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
26-11-2016, 06:39 AM
Do you ever wonder why PETArs never go to Bandido rallies to throw paint on the Sergeants at Arms for wearing leather?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
26-11-2016, 08:12 AM
(26-11-2016 06:39 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Do you ever wonder why PETArs never go to Bandido rallies to throw paint on the Sergeants at Arms for wearing leather?

Or the rappers with their leather trench coats. and guns....

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
26-11-2016, 08:49 AM
(26-11-2016 06:39 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Do you ever wonder why PETArs never go to Bandido rallies to throw paint on the Sergeants at Arms for wearing leather?

I shit you not.

I went to the Wings Stadium Motorcycle Swap Meet in Kalamazoo Michigan, about 1990..... I'd just parked my bike - and happened to see these two kids (one male, one female - white, early 20's) getting out of their car - and grabbing flyers and discussing which entrance to stake out to hand out their fliers.... I noted the "PETA" hat and T-shirt......

"Uh -- dude --- have you thought this through????" I said????

"HUH??? DUH??? WHAT?????" was pretty much the answer.....

"Let me lay it out for you -- 99 percent of these people wear leather. 90 percent of them eat meat. 60 percent of them are already drunk and/or high on something, and probably at least 10 percent of them have criminal convictions for assault and battery..... How many flyers do you think you're going to hand out before somebody kills YOU and makes a lampshade out of your skin???"

They were still debating when I left -- never did see 'em again though.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 5 users Like onlinebiker's post
26-11-2016, 09:05 AM
Throwing paint, not terrorism.

I mean, maybe (and this is a huge stretch) if they painted a powerful political figure in a fur coat leading up to a vote on important related legislation? When you could then try to draw some sort of intent and attach it to the crime? Only maybe then, and it most likely wouldn't hold up in court. This makes every protester who throws a punch a 'terrorist'.

You make painting 'terrorism', you've neutered the term to meaninglessness (even more so than the US's unilateral foreign policy already has).

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-11-2016, 09:07 AM
I wouldnt force people who are against animal cruelty, with some percentage of them I imagine to be vegan/vegetarians, to work in slaughter houses.

It would be the opposite of productive, for the company and for the problem itself.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
26-11-2016, 11:44 AM
(26-11-2016 09:07 AM)bemore Wrote:  I wouldnt force people who are against animal cruelty, with some percentage of them I imagine to be vegan/vegetarians, to work in slaughter houses.

It would be the opposite of productive, for the company and for the problem itself.

By that logic you wouldn't want to lock rapists up in a prison without any women.......

Assault and destruction of private property doesn't earn you a "time out" --- it should earn you prison time, like any other criminal.....

A criminal's approval isn't necessary.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-11-2016, 04:28 PM
(25-11-2016 03:17 PM)skyking Wrote:  just gave away a down comforter to a vet living under a blue tarp, my wife is developing an allergy too. I figured a guy living outside might appreciate down.

But doesn't down naturally fall off? Don't they just have to sweep up the floor after the chicks molt? I didn't think that down had to "harm" animals to get since down is naurturally shed.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac