Malaysian airplane down over Ukraine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2014, 01:24 PM
RE: Malaysian airplane down over Ukraine
I thought it was a joke. Malaysian airlines again! Wow. I'll be surprised if the company survives this.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2014, 02:24 PM
(18-07-2014 01:24 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  I thought it was a joke. Malaysian airlines again! Wow. I'll be surprised if the company survives this.

In this case it was not really the companies fault, other than by flying over a disputed territory but they were not the only Jetliner that was doing so. Doubt many will be after this though.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
18-07-2014, 02:29 PM
(18-07-2014 02:24 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  In this case it was not really the companies fault, other than by flying over a disputed territory but they were not the only Jetliner that was doing so. Doubt many will be after this though.

You know how they say perception is reality? It wasn't the company's fault but in the midst of fresh wounds, I doubt many will be that rational.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 3 users Like BlackMason's post
18-07-2014, 11:24 PM
Almost three hundred people die on on a Malaysian airplane. Meanwhile a friend of mine thanks God for a Hampton Hotel giving her family the local rate.

<sarcasm>Praise the Lord, God is good...</sarcasm>

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
19-07-2014, 12:23 AM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2014 12:13 AM by DeepThought.)
(18-07-2014 05:50 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  They should get sanctioned back into the fucking stone age for this!

Consider After World War 1, when Germany was kept in artificial poverty by being forced to pay reparations to affected countries. That approach didn't have a great outcome. If you contrast that with the approach taken by the Americans at the end of WW2 - and note how quickly the Country recovered - (on the American controlled side of Germany.) There might be something to learn there.

I wish all this bullshit would just stop. Unfortunately, it's human nature... which is scary given the technology that exists now and the technology that is yet to come (if we don't blast ourselves back to the iron age.)

It's always down to the people with power who are unwilling to give up that power without people dying.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 1 user Likes DeepThought's post
19-07-2014, 04:31 AM
(19-07-2014 12:23 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  It's always down to the people with power who are unwilling to give up that power without people dieing.

They can't handle people thinking for themselves either. And they *hate* being rejected. "You don't like me? How about when I aim a big fucking missile at you? You like me now, bitch!"

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
19-07-2014, 04:57 AM
(18-07-2014 11:25 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-07-2014 10:15 AM)bemore Wrote:  I wonder if they will stop there or if they would push for Crimea?

So Ukraine going after Crimea will mean war with Russia.

Well that is what I was alluding to. Even though the annexation of Crimea is seen as an illegal act by the rest of the world, like you quite rightly stated Russia has "claimed" it for whatever reason.

Dodgy times...

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
19-07-2014, 05:26 AM
(19-07-2014 04:57 AM)bemore Wrote:  Well that is what I was alluding to. Even though the annexation of Crimea is seen as an illegal act by the rest of the world, like you quite rightly stated Russia has "claimed" it for whatever reason.

The problem is also, that if Ukraine was to try and get Crimea back, despite being *legally* in the right (well, more so than Russia anyway), absolutely no one's gonna help them out. So they're fucked from the get-go. Putin's just a bit too scary and seems a bit too keen to cause a big ol' war. The only way to even think of taking him on would be for a big NATO operation with cooperation from European countries and USA also throwing their weight behind it. No one's got the stomach for that, given that no one really gives a shit about Ukraine so long as the oil flows into Europe.

Plus if two major world powers were to start something like that then they'd have to consider what China might get up to in the meantime. Plus *no one* is keen to see nuclear weapons being a possibility.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
19-07-2014, 08:04 PM
Here in Australia our P.M. has come on very strongly re Putin and the pro Russian separatists. Several of our people were blasted out of existence. There has also been indecent restrictions in not allowing people in to find the black box or remove the dead.

As for Malaysian Airlines, apparently some others, including Qantas, were bi-passing that route.......
20-07-2014, 03:52 AM
The primeminister of India flew over the same route only one hour prior to the incident...

Imagine if they had shot him down.

Every other forum I am on is filled with Russian members who constantly insist that this is a CIA/Nato conspiracy and demanding sources for everything else.

I think these people would really deserve sanctions.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]