Malaysian airplane down over Ukraine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2014, 07:37 AM
RE: Malaysian airplane down over Ukraine
Our griefwhoring media won't shut up about the one Canadian who was onboard.

This is a colossal fuckup. The rebels are untrained idiots. It's so god-damned tedious to hear the endless hypocrisy from the rest of the world (did anyone try to call Ukraine a state sponsor of terrorism when they shot down a Russian passenger plane out of the clear blue sky in 2001?) and it's sure as fuck not helping the average people in Donetsk and Lugansk.

Well, but what else is new.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2014, 07:46 AM
(20-07-2014 03:52 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I think these people would really deserve sanctions.

Any serious sanctions will impact back upon Europe and whilst I am not saying something shouldn't be done, I'd rather not see my already high energy prices get even higher.

Its an easy thing to say but has far reaching consequences.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
20-07-2014, 07:49 AM
(20-07-2014 07:46 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(20-07-2014 03:52 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I think these people would really deserve sanctions.

Any serious sanctions will impact back upon Europe and whilst I am not saying something shouldn't be done, I'd rather not see my already high energy prices get even higher.

Sanctions are just the politician's syllogism response to this whole damn mess.
"We must do something,
This is something,
Therefore, we must do it."

After all, what else could anyone do?

[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
20-07-2014, 08:40 AM
(20-07-2014 07:49 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(20-07-2014 07:46 AM)bemore Wrote:  Any serious sanctions will impact back upon Europe and whilst I am not saying something shouldn't be done, I'd rather not see my already high energy prices get even higher.

Sanctions are just the politician's syllogism response to this whole damn mess.
"We must do something,
This is something,
Therefore, we must do it."

After all, what else could anyone do?

And we are back to playing everyone's favorite game "How much does the West/NATO give a fuck about the Ukraine" and the answer is still "Not enough to start WW3".

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-07-2014, 01:54 PM
(20-07-2014 07:46 AM)bemore Wrote:  

The thing is. We are able to adapt and proceed.

The Russians can go back to driving cars that dont work and eating potateos until Putin is gone.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
21-07-2014, 08:52 AM
(20-07-2014 01:54 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  The thing is. We are able to adapt and proceed.

I think Russia would be capable of adapting and proceeding themselves. Yes they would be cut off from the technological and economical connections that Europe holds, but they could easily disrupt the energy supply if they wanted. Damaging both economies in different ways.

Talking of damaged economies I suppose it would be a good excuse for them to print the headlines...

"Russian sanctions cause EU contraction"

21-07-2014, 10:15 AM
(21-07-2014 08:52 AM)bemore Wrote:  
(20-07-2014 01:54 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  The thing is. We are able to adapt and proceed.

I think Russia would be capable of adapting and proceeding themselves. Yes they would be cut off from the technological and economical connections that Europe holds, but they could easily disrupt the energy supply if they wanted. Damaging both economies in different ways.

Talking of damaged economies I suppose it would be a good excuse for them to print the headlines...

"Russian sanctions cause EU contraction"

For the Europeans to substitute other sources of energy would require several years of building the necessary new infrastructure.
(and I bet the Germans are ever so glad they pandered to the idiots and shut down their nuclear power)

For the Russians to swap Asia for Europe as their main export market would require several years of building the necessary new infrastructure.

Everyone in a decision making position is well aware of both things.

21-07-2014, 10:38 AM
All this time looking in the ocean and it was no where near. It was on land this whole time. So much for government intelligence

Crazy you say?
Wouldn't a crazy man ask another man if he was crazy?! Hobo
21-07-2014, 10:54 AM
I think it is obvious for all to see and regardless of their denials, that Russia is holding/supporting a territorial war with Ukraine. I can offer no explanation as to why they are doing this but they are. The "rebels" will soon be labelled "terrorists" and Putin/Russia as their sponsors.

I hope this increase of pressure makes him back down and "peace" can return but Im not so sure I can answer that until I know why Russia wishes to risk Modern Warfare on their own doorstep???

21-07-2014, 11:11 AM
(21-07-2014 10:54 AM)bemore Wrote:  I think it is obvious for all to see and regardless of their denials, that Russia is holding/supporting a territorial war with Ukraine. I can offer no explanation as to why they are doing this but they are. The "rebels" will soon be labelled "terrorists" and Putin/Russia as their sponsors.

Of course. The new government in Kyiv was quite hostile to them. If the whole's beyond their grasp, they'll settle for a part. A part which contains a number of sites vital to the Russian defence industry, given the way things were structured until 1991...

Ukraine's extremely divided. Their history is a mess and the number of things Lviv and Donetsk have in common is approximately zero. But most people are fatalistic and apathetic enough that nothing's gone wrong until now. Now it's a flashpoint for radicals from across the country (and wider region). There are only a few thousand people actually fighting, but that's all it takes.

(21-07-2014 10:54 AM)bemore Wrote:  I hope this increase of pressure makes him back down and "peace" can return but Im not so sure I can answer that until I know why Russia wishes to risk Modern Warfare on their own doorstep???

So long as no one is interested in anything but propaganda and "total" victory, it's not like anyone's going to agree to sit down and negotiate.