Male Circumcision for Atheists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-10-2012, 09:39 AM
RE: Male Circumcision for Atheists?
(04-10-2012 06:35 AM)Dom Wrote:  That said, I dunno how you guys run around with all that stuff dangling between your legs anyway. Tongue
Trust me, the thought of running around without it is far worse. Tongue

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2012, 09:41 AM
(04-10-2012 09:32 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(03-10-2012 03:39 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Hahahahahahahaha!

You devilish fiend. Drinking Beverage

How bout, for once, we don't purposely derail a thread. Seems like these days the forum is full of people who want to purposely derail any thread they don't feel like participating in. I, for one, am getting pretty fucking sick of it.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
04-10-2012, 10:17 AM
(04-10-2012 09:27 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Dom, as far as choking the chicken goes, uncircumcised is no better or worse than circumcised. On that one you can trust me, since I was circumcised at the age of 21.

I much prefer sex with my "mutilated penis" over sex pre-circumcision. Could be, in part, due to the excruciating pain I had to endure before I got snipped, but overall I much prefer being circumcised.

Just to be clear, I am sharing my experience as someone who has been circumcised as an adult. I am NOT sharing my opinion on the subject. I'll happily answer questions about my experience, but I will not debate the topic of right and wrong with regard to circumcision. Been there, done that, not getting into it again.

It must be due to your pain before circumcision. I am sure you had good reason to have it done at 21, like medical reasons.

I am speaking from my own experience as participant, but more so as that of my gay friends in the SF area, where I lived for 17 years and had a gay guy as tenant. We were very close friends (can't beat a gay guy as close friend for a female!) and this was in the 70s and eighties, much of it pre-aids. My friend often had a house full of gay friends, and according to their conversations, (no, they never did mind discussing whatever in my presence, and I found the openess refreshing) masturbation, mutual masturbation and even penetration (something about cushioning and volume) was easier on both parties when not circumcised. This is second hand info of course, but they certainly didn't lack in experience. Those were the days of the "glory holes".

Unfortunately, many of them did get aids and die. My friend got aids too, but is alive and kicking and taking a lot of pills.

Anyway, I kinda consider those guys as "expert opinion" with this, since I think we are short of clinical trials and they were more sexually active than seems even possible.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-10-2012, 10:49 AM
Me, I was circumcised as an infant. I don't miss my foreskin or regret being circumcised and frankly I'm not fond of the uncircumcised look (maybe I'm just biased). Most women whose opinion I've known are either neutral on the subject or prefer the circumcision (and most of them weren't sexual partners and didn't know whether I was circumcised so they weren't simply sparing my feelings).

I know it's not religiously necessary and usually not medically necessary (and way too early to tell in infancy anyway) so there is no real reason for infant circumcision. But the idea is not horrifying to me. I don't think of it as "mutilation" nor as some kind of abominable or disgusting or perverted practice.

I would probably have had my son(s) circumcised if for no other reason that social, but fate gave me only daughters so no decision was needed.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
04-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Another clinical trial I would find interesting in this context is whether circumcised males' preoccupation with their penises is more pronounced than that of non-circumcised males.

I mean, all males seem to be preoccupied with their penises, as well they should be with so much vulnerable stuff just dangling outside their bodies. But I just wonder what a trial like that would show.

Infant trauma has to have a long term effect on some level, and it can't be painless to have a piece cut off without pain killers. From what I hear babies do not exactly laugh when this happens. No one consciously remembers what happened to them at such a tender age, but that doesn't mean there is not any permanent effect of some sort.

Funny, one more wide spread custom that we actually know little about. We have no idea what all the long term effects are, physical or psycholgical. Someone ought to have done some clinical trials on this, you'd think.

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
04-10-2012, 11:13 AM
THOUGH I AM NOT A MALE, HERE IS MY OPINION:
I think that adult circumcision is fine, but infant cimcumcision is a violation to a child's own opinion.
Though there may be some harmful consequences for not getting it done, that is up to the "child" when they grow up.

But someone who has had it done, compared to someone who hasn't, is preferred by me in bed. Just sayin'.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2012, 12:07 PM
(04-10-2012 11:13 AM)xLegendofLink096x Wrote:  But someone who has had it done, compared to someone who hasn't, is preferred by me in bed. Just sayin'.

Well, they look better IMO but the functionality is slightly worse. Just saying, it's worth exploring. Either way, other things are a lot more important.

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
04-10-2012, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 12:19 PM by Hughsie.)
(04-10-2012 12:07 PM)Dom Wrote:  Well, they look better IMO but the functionality is slightly worse. Just saying, it's worth exploring. Either way, other things are a lot more important.

Thank you Dom. After hearing a succession of females say that circumcised is better it feels good to hear someone say that isn't automatically the case.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
04-10-2012, 12:19 PM
I'm curious to hear who is and isn't, on the site.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-10-2012, 12:34 PM
Well, it won't be surprising to hear that I am not. It is pretty damn rare over here.

I like my fully functioning penis. Tongue

[Image: opforum1.png]
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post