Malignant narcissism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2017, 12:40 PM
RE: Malignant narcissism
(02-02-2017 07:43 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Is this a thread about muffs, DLJ or OLB? Angel

Well, gee, thanks.

Cos that's not going to colour the way I read the rest of the thread or anything.

Dodgy

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-02-2017, 12:58 PM
(02-02-2017 12:40 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 07:43 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Is this a thread about muffs, DLJ or OLB? Angel

Well, gee, thanks.

Cos that's not going to colour the way I read the rest of the thread or anything.

Dodgy

Laugh out load

Heart
Hug

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-02-2017, 01:38 PM
(02-02-2017 12:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  Nope. Therapy is pointless because the malignant narcissist will lie to manipulate the therapist. As yet there are no drugs.

Strychnine works. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
02-02-2017, 01:45 PM
(02-02-2017 11:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 11:37 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I'm a cat.

I'm Spartacus.

No.......I'm Spartacus......

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
02-02-2017, 07:33 PM
(02-02-2017 09:25 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am not a narcissist. Did you actually read what I wrote?

Actually, malignant narcissism is a disease without cure. At this time the prevalent theory is that this happens to the infant at the time when it learns to distinguish between "I" and "you". For some reason this transition is never made. The malignant narcissist is the only human, and is forced to take part in some sort of script where s/he has to function among all these other forces. S/he then figures out that the script can be manipulated, and that emotions can be faked. So the narcissist studies people and what triggers which emotions.

Faking the emotions sometimes results in extremely expressive facial movements, the one external possible indicator.

(02-02-2017 07:48 AM)Dom Wrote:  It's also something I am still trying to cope with personally

I did read what you wrote, and I thought you were saying that you were suffering from this yourself. Or that you knew someone who did, but you were far less specific in the latter notion so I took it to mean the first.
02-02-2017, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2017 07:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
I learned today that he takes the DHT blocker Finasteride to keep his lovely mane thick and luscious. While this is good for his admittedly rather impressive locks and his 70 year old prostate, it completely, sometimes irreversibly, blocks the conversion of testosterone to the One True Male® hormone DHT. Side effects include increased aromatization of testosterone to estrogen 'cause there's nowhere else for it to go so you get all weepy and shit and start to grow manboobs, fatigue 'cause you ain't really a man no more and don't have the same stamina, and my personal favorite, limpdick but you don't give a shit because you got zero libido. Having experienced high E/T ratios myself, it's not a place I'd be comfortable making consequential decisions from. The best I can describe it is it must be sorta like the wife feels when she's menstruating except she comes with the skills to handle the hormones.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-02-2017, 09:40 PM
(02-02-2017 07:49 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Neither.

Neither = not either. Either is 2. One or the other. You had 3 choices.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-02-2017, 09:40 PM
(02-02-2017 07:51 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I learned today that he takes the DHT blocker Finasteride to keep his lovely mane thick and luscious. While this is good for his admittedly rather impressive locks and his 70 year old prostate, it completely, sometimes irreversibly, blocks the conversion of testosterone to the One True Male® hormone DHT. Side effects include increased aromatization of testosterone to estrogen 'cause there's nowhere else for it to go so you get all weepy and shit and start to grow manboobs, fatigue 'cause you ain't really a man no more and don't have the same stamina, and my personal favorite, limpdick but you don't give a shit because you got zero libido. Having experienced high E/T ratios myself, it's not a place I'd be comfortable making consequential decisions from. The best I can describe it is it must be sorta like the wife feels when she's menstruating except she comes with the skills to handle the hormones.

I need a kilo of DJT blocker, STAT! Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
02-02-2017, 10:47 PM
I worked with a narcissistic type who was used to being able to intimidate and bully people. He thought I was weak because I put up with his bullshit for a while because I kind of felt sorry for him. Then finally he pushed it too far and I completely destroyed his life. I don't know about the true psychology of a diagnosed narcissist but this guy was vulnerable because he was so obsessed with self preservation. Once I get pushed over the edge I'll get so hell bent on revenge I'm fine with digging two graves. But when the pressure is on I can really fuck people up while covering my ass. The dark side of me is malignant something.
[+] 1 user Likes I'mFred's post
02-02-2017, 11:45 PM
[Image: Metamorphosis_of_Narcissus.jpg]
Metamorphosis of Narcissus

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 3 users Like SYZ's post