Malignant narcissism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2017, 02:22 AM (This post was last modified: 03-02-2017 03:49 AM by Celestial_Wonder.)
RE: Malignant narcissism
(02-02-2017 09:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 07:49 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  Neither.

Neither = not either. Either is 2. One or the other. You had 3 choices.

not the one or the other of two or more

Google's definitions of

Neither

used before the first of two (or occasionally more) alternatives that are being specified (the others being introduced by “nor”) to indicate that they are each untrue or each do not happen

Either

used before the first of two (or occasionally more) alternatives that are being specified (the other being introduced by “or”).

OR MORE

One grammatical error for you Mr. Bucky Ball

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2017, 08:24 AM
Good topic for a thread!

The priest I grew up with is a narcissist. Last time I checked, he had a new inner circle of loyals catering to his every wish. (He replaced the circle that included my parents, but not without inflicting sufficient damage.)
[+] 1 user Likes port_of_call's post
03-02-2017, 08:32 AM
(03-02-2017 08:24 AM)port_of_call Wrote:  Good topic for a thread!

The priest I grew up with is a narcissist. Last time I checked, he had a new inner circle of loyals catering to his every wish. (He replaced the circle that included my parents, but not without inflicting sufficient damage.)

Yep, lots of cult leaders are malignant narcissists also. Woo lends itself to gas lighting and controlling others while sunning in admiration from the inner circle.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
03-02-2017, 08:40 AM
(02-02-2017 11:45 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
[Image: Metamorphosis_of_Narcissus.jpg]
Metamorphosis of Narcissus

I know it's a bit Offtopic but that picture reminds me of this great poem by Fred Chappell

“Narcissus and Echo”
Shall the water not remember Ember
my hand’s slow gesture, tracing above of
its mirror my half-imaginary airy
portrait? My only belonging longing,
is my beauty, which I take ache
away and then return as love of
of teasing playfully the one being unbeing.
whose gratitude I treasure Is your
moves me. I live apart heart
from myself, yet cannot not
live apart. In the water’s tone, stone?
that shining silence, a flower Hour,
whispers my name with such slight light:
moment, it seems filament of air, fare
the world become cloudswell. well.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
03-02-2017, 08:54 AM
(02-02-2017 12:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  Nope. Therapy is pointless because the malignant narcissist will lie to manipulate the therapist. As yet there are no drugs.

Damn. Since the witches can't find the right brew looks like they throw the kitchen sink at it and hope for the best - Narcissistic Personality Disorder Medication
I bet a 3 day gonzo with Hunter S. Thompson back in the day might've helped. Might not be too late (well except for the Hunter S. Thompson bit). Somebody could dose him with a casual handshake. Yes

#sigh
03-02-2017, 09:05 AM
(03-02-2017 08:54 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 12:32 PM)Dom Wrote:  Nope. Therapy is pointless because the malignant narcissist will lie to manipulate the therapist. As yet there are no drugs.

Damn. Since the witches can't find the right brew looks like they throw the kitchen sink at it and hope for the best - Narcissistic Personality Disorder Medication
I bet a 3 day gonzo with Hunter S. Thompson back in the day might've helped. Might not be too late (well except for the Hunter S. Thompson bit). Somebody could dose him with a casual handshake. Yes

Anti psychotics could maybe, maybe help some of the malignancy. It is based on paranoia because of the "me against the world" position (other people are not people, they are puppets) and often results in weird delusions. (and receptiveness to conspiracy theories, the weirder the better).

I have not found any accounts of malignant narcissists being treated successfully. Probably, if given the pills, they don't trust them and won't take them. And - malignant narcissism is not just narcissistic personality disorder. It's one step away from psychopathy.

This whole disorder thing is very convoluted, with lots of cross overs and different combinations. That is why treatment is still so very difficult.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
03-02-2017, 02:34 PM
(03-02-2017 02:22 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 09:40 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Neither = not either. Either is 2. One or the other. You had 3 choices.

not the one or the other of two or more

Google's definitions of

Neither

used before the first of two (or occasionally more) alternatives that are being specified (the others being introduced by “nor”) to indicate that they are each untrue or each do not happen

Either

used before the first of two (or occasionally more) alternatives that are being specified (the other being introduced by “or”).

OR MORE

Actually I didn't make a grammatical error.
I thought you did, and was wrong.

One description error for you.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
04-02-2017, 09:21 AM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2017 09:31 AM by Celestial_Wonder.)
(03-02-2017 02:34 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 02:22 AM)Celestial_Wonder Wrote:  not the one or the other of two or more

Google's definitions of

Neither

Either

OR MORE

Actually I didn't make a grammatical error.
I thought you did, and was wrong.

One description error for you.

Au contraire, mon frère

Thinking someone made a grammatical error when they did not is itself a grammatical error.

Error as according to the bible of Google

the state or condition of being wrong in conduct or judgment.

you admitted your wrong, thus you admit that you erred grammatically.

One conceptualization error for you my friend. Also another grammatical error since you did not know the definition of what an error is apparently :\

04-02-2017, 10:14 AM
Ohfuckinggoddamnitfuckingjesusfuckingyouyoufuckingfuck. Dodgy

CW has presented the quintessential narcissistic twat, with every post.
Now, take this one-up-manship bullshit and stick it up your fucking godhole.

Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
04-02-2017, 11:04 AM
(04-02-2017 10:14 AM)kim Wrote:  Ohfuckinggoddamnitfuckingjesusfuckingyouyoufuckingfuck. Dodgy

CW has presented the quintessential narcissistic twat, with every post.
Now, take this one-up-manship bullshit and stick it up your fucking godhole.

Drinking Beverage

And now we're going into the realm of double standards!

If it was ol' GirlyMan winning this spat you would be saying nothing but praise for him all the while still continuing to try and degrade me. But no that's alright, just ignore the fact that it was GirlyMan who started this and perpetuated it, blame it all on me, I'm used to this form of behavior from you guys now.

Really I've come to expect it.

Also in regards to your claim to me being a narcissist. My rebuttal is this, if narcissism is having fun, I'm the god of narcissism. There is nothing that brings me greater joy than proving all of you wrong time and time again only to watch you belabor like spoiled children because they were never weened off of their father's dick.

If you're going to insult someone, insult them good.

Smackdown bitch.