Man, Christianity Sucks!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-05-2015, 09:20 PM
RE: Man, Christianity Sucks!
I have found Christian forums to generally be filled with people of joy (much less pessimistic than atheists), but also tend to be boring....think Ned Flanders from the Simpsons.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-05-2015, 05:39 AM
On my one extremely brief foray onto one Christian forum, they didn't seem so joyful. They seemed very upset that there are men in the world who like to suck dick and women who don't want to spend their entire life having babies one after another. In one breath they tell you they love you and that God is going to give you unfathomable pain for all eternity. And they were quite smug in their belief that God was going to give them eternal pleasure. If there was any joy in them, it was in this fierce hope that they were going to be able to sit on a cloud and watch everyone else burn.

But I hasten to add that the sort of Christians who I know personally, the folks around us on a daily basis, the great majority, do not frequent those sorts of chat boards. The folks on those boards are the extremist fundamentalists.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
[+] 1 user Likes daniel1948's post
15-05-2015, 07:02 AM
(15-05-2015 05:39 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  On my one extremely brief foray onto one Christian forum, they didn't seem so joyful. They seemed very upset that there are men in the world who like to suck dick and women who don't want to spend their entire life having babies one after another. In one breath they tell you they love you and that God is going to give you unfathomable pain for all eternity. And they were quite smug in their belief that God was going to give them eternal pleasure. If there was any joy in them, it was in this fierce hope that they were going to be able to sit on a cloud and watch everyone else burn.

But I hasten to add that the sort of Christians who I know personally, the folks around us on a daily basis, the great majority, do not frequent those sorts of chat boards. The folks on those boards are the extremist fundamentalists.

Would you be joyful if eternal damnation could be awaiting you and people you care about? Would you be joyful when you would know that god you believe is a tyrant, yet you are supposed to praise him with every breath and saying how great he is, so he don't condemn you to hell? Would you be joyful if sex was something to be ashamed of? No wonder Christians aren't joyful.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
15-05-2015, 07:38 AM
(14-05-2015 09:20 PM)Dunkleweizen Wrote:  I have found Christian forums to generally be filled with people of joy (much less pessimistic than atheists), but also tend to be boring....think Ned Flanders from the Simpsons.

Pessimistic? No.

Skeptical? Critical? Rational? Yes.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-05-2015, 04:15 AM
I love how unwelcome they are of any who don't agree with their beliefs.
16-05-2015, 06:53 AM
(16-05-2015 04:15 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  I love how unwelcome they are of any who don't agree with their beliefs.

Oh, it's not just those who disagree with them that they shun. I used to work at a homeless shelter. A homeless man told me of finding himself in a place he had never been. He hadn't had a shower in a while because when you are homeless you don't always have access to showers. (Though at the shelter he was always clean.) He was probably wearing dirty clothes for the same reason.

This guy was a Christian of a moderately conservative bent. That is, he took the Bible pretty seriously, though he was never in your face about it.

It was a Sunday morning, so he went into the first church he came to, to attend the service. And they unceremoniously threw him out. Not for disbelief. Not for arguing against their dogma. Not even for espousing a different sect of Christianity. They threw him out for being dirty because he was homeless. They didn't offer him a place to shower and wash his clothes. They didn't offer him food. They just kicked him out because he smelled bad.

He told me where this was, but I've forgotten.

If I believed in God (which I don't) I'd have said that by that act they de-consecrated their church.

The homeless shelter where I worked was in Moorhead, Minnesota, which is across the river from Fargo, North Dakota, and for all practical (non-political) purposes constitutes one city, known as Fargo-Moorhead. In Fargo-Moorhead, there was exactly one church that opened its doors to the homeless. It was a Catholic church run by a priest who was one of the founders of the homeless shelter where I worked. There were several other shelters, that received varying degrees of support from various churches, as well as from individuals and foundations. But there was no other church in all of Fargo-Moorhead (combined population at the time of about 125,000) that would allow homeless people to stay the night when all the shelters were full.

(All the shelters filled up on very cold nights in winter, and on nights in summer when the mosquitoes were especially bad. The mosquitoes in that part of the country can be fierce, and can come up from the vegetation in thick swarms. In winter the temperature often drops to 20 below zero Fahrenheit and sometimes much colder.) On such nights, that one Catholic church allowed people to sleep in its basement, and all the other hundreds of churches in town locked their doors against the poor and homeless, perhaps for fear of the smell, or perhaps for fear that they'd steal stuff.

Christian? I think not. There are Christians. But I think that between 99% and 99.9% of people who call themselves Christians don't believe a word that comes out of their own mouths.

"El mar se mide por olas,
el cielo por alas,
nosotros por lágrimas."
-- Jaime Sabines
16-05-2015, 03:04 PM
(11-05-2015 01:28 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 01:26 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  ...so god's problem probably didn't get out of hand.

god masturbates?

If so - that explains the "milky way" galaxy....

And fuck - if that don't creep you out, what would???

Hobo

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
16-05-2015, 04:18 PM
(16-05-2015 06:53 AM)daniel1948 Wrote:  There are Christians. But I think that between 99% and 99.9% of people who call themselves Christians don't believe a word that comes out of their own mouths.
One local church has an ATM in the foyer. They require the sheep followers to submit tax forms before being allowed to join. They keep track of your donations and if it falls below a certain level, you're told you're not welcome.

Before any Christian cries "charity!"... This church does not fund soup kitchens, shelters, or any of that.
17-05-2015, 01:57 AM
(16-05-2015 03:04 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-05-2015 01:28 PM)unfogged Wrote:  god masturbates?

If so - that explains the "milky way" galaxy....

And fuck - if that don't creep you out, what would???

Hobo

It's kinda disturbing thought I agree, but not to Christians I think. They already eat the body of their god Gasp

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.