Man From Earth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2013, 08:45 PM
RE: Man From Earth
(28-05-2013 08:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 08:28 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Lulz. I knew there was one. Didn't realize there were three.

It's a deceptively good movie. Deceptive because it's so simple that I didn't expect to like it as much as I did. It's a great story.

Thanks.

You haven't watched yet? Go for it. There's no action. It's a dude telling his story to a group of friends. The cool thing is the way people relate to the story: Is he joking? Is he insane? Is he telling the truth? You be the judge!

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-05-2013, 08:49 PM
(28-05-2013 08:45 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 08:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Thanks.

You haven't watched yet? Go for it. There's no action. It's a dude telling his story to a group of friends. The cool thing is the way people relate to the story: Is he joking? Is he insane? Is he telling the truth? You be the judge!

Nope. The fact my friend didn't like it, but thought I would intrigued me.

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

28-05-2013, 09:53 PM
Here it is just in case you don't have netflix:

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
28-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Well I watched it...and it was good. It started kinda slow...then got better...

The ending was a wow.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-05-2013, 07:31 AM
(28-05-2013 09:53 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Here it is just in case you don't have netflix:

Thanks. I was just wishing there was a version where I could read it in Spanish. Laughat

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
29-05-2013, 07:36 AM (This post was last modified: 29-05-2013 07:39 AM by Free Thought.)
I loved this movie, it is so simple that is has a charm all its own, and the music in it is simply fantastic.

I was first given a copy by a random fellow student at school, after we struck up a conversation on religion and personal beliefs. Unfortunately I lost that copy after I deleted it off my USB and the hard-drive which held it corrupted. 'Twas a sad day.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
29-05-2013, 10:01 AM
(29-05-2013 07:31 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Thanks. I was just wishing there was a version where I could read it in Spanish. Laughat

I'm glad I could help you fulfill your wish mi amigo.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
29-05-2013, 10:19 AM
(29-05-2013 07:36 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I loved this movie, it is so simple that is has a charm all its own, and the music in it is simply fantastic.

I was first given a copy by a random fellow student at school, after we struck up a conversation on religion and personal beliefs. Unfortunately I lost that copy after I deleted it off my USB and the hard-drive which held it corrupted. 'Twas a sad day.

It was completely surprising. I was actually knitting while watching it at first -- and then i got toward the middle and I quickly finished the row and the movie had my full attention.

Some of the acting wasn't the best tho, which was really a shame.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
29-05-2013, 10:45 AM
(29-05-2013 10:19 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It was completely surprising. I was actually knitting while watching it at first -- and then i got toward the middle and I quickly finished the row and the movie had my full attention.

Some of the acting wasn't the best tho, which was really a shame.

It only had a $200,000 budget, so they couldn't afford name brand actors. I only recognized two of the people: Rod Todd (of Candy Man fame) and Richard Riehle (Office space and other assorted movies).
29-05-2013, 10:51 AM
(29-05-2013 07:31 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(28-05-2013 09:53 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Here it is just in case you don't have netflix:

Thanks. I was just wishing there was a version where I could read it in Spanish. Laughat

Maybe now you can learn a bit Drinking Beverage

[Image: sigvacachica.png]