Man Made Global Warming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2012, 02:56 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2012 03:04 PM by Julius.)
RE: Man Made Global Warming
The so-called Anthropomorphic Theory of Global Warming is utter BullShit. If these Global Warming Scientists are so sure of their theory, then let them make a prediction of Global-Average temperatures for the next few years and let's see if they are right. I mean, they sure as hell missed the recent decline in Global Average Temps, didn't they?

I've never seen so much research money thrown at Scientific Wooo....well - except for String Theory: now that's another so-called Theory that's also unable to make a verifiable prediction about the Universe!

These Global Warming Snots! I wish they would just shut up and show us - but that's obviously something they can't do, so they have formulated a name for people like me: "Global Warming Denier". Now, this is utter BullShit, too: just like Christians say that Atheists "Deny Jesus". Or...they are trying to link us with Holocaust Denier whack jobs. Or both. Nevertheless, the intellectual dishonesty reflects the real strength of their position.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2012, 07:24 PM
(25-11-2012 01:52 PM)WeAreOne Wrote:  @ Dark Light: I just recognized that I mistook you with Idlecuriosity. Please ignore the part where I say that you used assertions. You didn't.
I also didn't misrepresent in scientific data, and I think you are reading into things that I didn't mean. As a matter of fact I cannot think of anything we have disagreed on. The only difference between us is that you seem to be more convinced than I am. If you have a problem with what I've said I don't understand it.

25-11-2012, 07:50 PM
(25-11-2012 04:02 AM)Idlecuriosity Wrote:  
(24-11-2012 08:12 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Proof?

How can you look at something like this:

[Image: CO2_1000ybp.jpg]

In regards to something like this:

[Image: TempMideaval.jpg]

And NOT conclude that man is the primary cause in global warming today?

Yes it's like a wave, it increases, it decreases etc... but not like that.

I find it somewhat too much of a coincidence that the time that CO2 levels rapid rose, along with temperature as a result, is the EXACT same time as the industrial revolution.

It's proof right there.
Plus, CO2 is only part of the problem, when you heat up the planet via CO2, you then increase the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere which in turn speeds the whole process up, rinse and repeat.
Well there's also a direct correlation between the population curve and the CO2 curve you've posted :
[Image: World_Population_Graph.jpg]
We all know that breathing produces CO2, so a population increase from 1bn to 7bn in only about 200 years has got to have had an impact. Not forgeting the increase in cattle farming, rice cultivation, etc, which are also contributing factors to increased CO2 levels. Add to that a reduction in forest coverage and you get a drop in the Earth's capacity to absorb the CO2 produced by breathing.
So although this obviously suggests that increasing CO2 levels are "man-made", it's not because of industrialization and the burning of fosil feuls, but just the simple fact of us being alive.

Also, please note the title of your second graph "Reconstructed..."
A cynic might say that it's possible that some data has been engineered to fit with a pre-conceived result. In fact many scientists do challenge the mathematical and physical premises used in climate models.
Interesting.
Though you have to ask what part of that is actually from us (breathing etc..)?
ie: If the levels were for example 10units before the industrial revolution, how much of those 10 units were from the population.
Because you still have volcanic activity, non-live stock animals etc..
Say it's like 1unit of the 10, then if todays levels are say 70, that would mean 7units of the 70 are due to population. See what I mean? Then live stock would be similar. Volcanic activity and other natural causes would remain relatively constant and then that leaves a huge chunk that would be filled with our actions of actively polluting.

I suppose the conclusion is that there is no single cause but rather a series of causes.
ie: I can't say it's solely down to pollution (ie: from factories) as much as you can say it's solely down to population.
I think it's probably foolish to pin-point the cause.

However, I do not accept that the rise is primarily down to population increase.
Not when factories are spewing CO2, not when forests are being cut down (which I might add is not just taking away trees but also when you chop down trees they contain a lot of CO2 and so you put all that CO2 back into the atmosphere). Not when there are more cars then people (I don't actually know if that's true, but there are a lot of cars you get the idea) which also spew CO2.
Like you can see it, there is physical evidence.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
25-11-2012, 08:02 PM
(25-11-2012 07:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(25-11-2012 04:02 AM)Idlecuriosity Wrote:  However, I do not accept that the rise is primarily down to population increase. Not when factories are spewing CO2, not when forests are being cut down (which I might add is not just taking away trees but also when you chop down trees they contain a lot of CO2 and so you put all that CO2 back into the atmosphere). Not when there are more cars then people (I don't actually know if that's true, but there are a lot of cars you get the idea) which also spew CO2. Like you can see it, there is physical evidence.
So the CO2 level is rising....so what? You can't prove that rising levels of CO2 have been responsible for the majority of Global Warming we've seen in the last few decades, nor can you prove that rising CO2 levels will be responsible for any significant Global Warming in the future. Nor can anyone else.

If you can't show it, then you don't know it.
25-11-2012, 10:28 PM
(25-11-2012 08:02 PM)Julius Wrote:  So the CO2 level is rising....so what? You can't prove that rising levels of CO2 have been responsible for the majority of Global Warming we've seen in the last few decades, nor can you prove that rising CO2 levels will be responsible for any significant Global Warming in the future. Nor can anyone else.

Sure scientists can.
They can prove that green house effect (heat kept in the planet) is caused by CO2.

The logic is then basic.
Greenhouse effect = bad (though during the winter this is debatable)
CO2 = Greenhouse effect
Man = CO2
thus
Man = bad.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
26-11-2012, 03:50 AM
(25-11-2012 08:02 PM)Julius Wrote:  
(25-11-2012 07:50 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
So the CO2 level is rising....so what? You can't prove that rising levels of CO2 have been responsible for the majority of Global Warming we've seen in the last few decades, nor can you prove that rising CO2 levels will be responsible for any significant Global Warming in the future. Nor can anyone else.

It has been shown, and therefore it has been known for quite some time. Anthropomorphic global warming has been accepted as a fact among the majority of scientists, keep up with the times.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
26-11-2012, 06:49 AM
(26-11-2012 03:50 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(25-11-2012 08:02 PM)Julius Wrote:  So the CO2 level is rising....so what? You can't prove that rising levels of CO2 have been responsible for the majority of Global Warming we've seen in the last few decades, nor can you prove that rising CO2 levels will be responsible for any significant Global Warming in the future. Nor can anyone else.

It has been shown, and therefore it has been known for quite some time. Anthropomorphic Anthropogenic global warming has been accepted as a fact among the majority of scientists, keep up with the times.
fixt.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
26-11-2012, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 26-11-2012 11:23 AM by Julius.)
(26-11-2012 03:50 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  

It has been shown, and therefore it has been known for quite some time. Anthropomorphic global warming has been accepted as a fact among the majority of scientists, keep up with the times.
Well...accept that there has been no significant change in Temps in over 10 years:

[Image: MSU%20UAH%20SST%20GlobalMonthlyTempSince...verage.gif]

Well....so much for the Global-Warming Models, huh? Also, what's so bad about more C02 since it will help crop growth and feed more people?
26-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Global warming does not drastically effect annual temperatures. You notice, however, that the constant is a slow trend upwards? So far, your argument carries no weight.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
26-11-2012, 11:23 AM
(26-11-2012 11:19 AM)Julius Wrote:  
(26-11-2012 03:50 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It has been shown, and therefore it has been known for quite some time. Anthropomorphic global warming has been accepted as a fact among the majority of scientists, keep up with the times.
Well...accept that there has been no significant change in Temps in over 10 years:

[Image: MSU%20UAH%20SST%20GlobalMonthlyTempSince...verage.gif]

Well....so much for the Global-Warming Models, huh?
That graph shows that temperature anomalies are still occurring. It is a difference graph.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post