Man Made Global Warming

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2011, 05:43 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2011 05:53 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
RE: Man Made Global Warming
Its called climate change and not global warming. We have known that the earth has been warming for a very long time now, and its not even partially up for debate.

(07-11-2011 06:23 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Global Warming is a scam. Climate change? That's what climates do - change. Did we do it? Who the fuck knows. There's a whole lotta heat, there's a whole lotta smoke; not much fire.
I'm not a "denier," I just ain't seen what I would call "conclusive evidence of human guilt." And I ain't agreeing with the whack green attack till I do. But you can make up your own mind. You got one. Tongue

Yet absolutely none of those opinions matter at all, unless you are a climatologist. And I know you, and the other deniers aren't because 97%+ of climatologist agree that accelerated climate change is occurring. The people in charge, the corps, have convinced the people that they can have valid opinions on things they have absolutely no knowledge about. Surprisingly, they often form the same opinion as the people spouting said bull shit.

(07-11-2011 06:58 AM)Filox Wrote:  I'm with houseofcantor on this one. I realize that humans have destroyed a lot of things on Earth, we are killing nature, but as far as global warming is concerned, there are too many theories to put a finger on human influence alone. The sun flares, cosmic radiation, volcano eruptions, normal climate changes, there can be all sorts of non-human reasons. Still waiting for something that will convince me otherwise.

No matter are we or are we not responsible for global warming, we still need to be more careful about pollution if we want to live on this planet for a while...

All of that has been debunked....

In fact volcanic eruptions launch tons and tons of debris into the upper atmosphere and cools the climate, and the CO2 released is next to nothing compared to what we pump out.
So yah...you are not exactly a reliable source.

We have taken a HUGE amount of carbon that has been safely stored within the earth and released it back into the atmosphere in the form of CO2.
The consequences of that is pretty much common sense.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2011, 06:01 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2011 06:52 PM by bemore.)
Well seeing as you have ALL the answers MysticJbird we may as well just close this thread havent we??? Never mind the amount of evidence I am still gathering to say otherwise..............Ill just get rid.

EDIT: Look im sorry but I have allways tried to be rational and look at things from both sides in everything that I encounter.......Im opposed by close minded individuals who I imagine havent put any of there own research into this they just take for granted what has been told to them.......without really putting forward anything on the table themselves.........im not just a "conspiracy theorist" but rather try to look at facts.

If you had bothered to watch any of the two videos I have posted Mystic you will see a member of congress addressing gore saying that there are legitimate scientists who oppose what is being said......yet they dont actually address these issues they just push forward legislation.

A carbon treaty has allready been accepted in australia with mega close votes.......like 37 for and 36 against or something.....do some research and look it up yourself......or you can disbelieve me if you like.

Im having a bit of a rant because im SICK to the back teeth of like I said people with opinions like they are sooooo sure yet again offer no proof.......yet if people give me time I can OFFER a decent arguement against this......your all entitled to your own opinions granted........ I have allready given up on trying to awaken people to the madness of how the economy works.....how power is being centralised all over the world like for example the EU........what does it achieve anyway??? The shit will allways carry on regardless wether I tell people.....so yeah Carbon taxing is coming people....the most "polluting" companies will be taxed heavily on everysingle ton of carbon and this cost will be transfered to the consumers.

Ive just had enough of it.....fuck it....... Sad

Childish I know bet meh.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
11-11-2011, 07:09 PM
(11-11-2011 06:01 PM)bemore Wrote:  Well seeing as you have ALL the answers MysticJbird we may as well just close this thread havent we??? Never mind the amount of evidence I am still gathering to say otherwise..............Ill just get rid.

EDIT: Look im sorry but I have allways tried to be rational and look at things from both sides in everything that I encounter.......Im opposed by close minded individuals who I imagine havent put any of there own research into this they just take for granted what has been told to them.......without really putting forward anything on the table themselves.........im not just a "conspiracy theorist" but rather try to look at facts.

I am not a climatologist , so my opinion doesnt matter either. I get my evidence from the experts in the field, and I may question some of it, but I certainly do not dismiss it.
I am all for looking at both sides, but when 97% says its happening and 3% doesn't, then how do you even take the 3% seriously?

Of course it does happen, Dr M. King Hubbert propsed Hubbert peak theory back in 1956, and was laughed out of the field.

"In 1956, Hubbert proposed that fossil fuel production in a given region over time would follow a roughly bell-shaped curve without giving a precise formula; he later used the Hubbert curve, the derivative of the logistic curve,[5] for estimating future production using past observed discoveries.

Hubbert assumed that after fossil fuel reserves (oil reserves, coal reserves, and natural gas reserves) are discovered, production at first increases approximately exponentially, as more extraction commences and more efficient facilities are installed. At some point, a peak output is reached, and production begins declining until it approximates an exponential decline.

The Hubbert curve satisfies these constraints. Furthermore, it is roughly symmetrical, with the peak of production reached when about half of the fossil fuel that will ultimately be produced has been produced. It also has a single peak.

Given past oil discovery and production data, a Hubbert curve that attempts to approximate past discovery data may be constructed and used to provide estimates for future production. In particular, the date of peak oil production or the total amount of oil ultimately produced can be estimated that way. Cavallo[6] defines the Hubbert curve used to predict the U.S. peak as the derivative of:"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hubbert_peak_theory

Of course we all know he was right now, but I think we have made A LOT of progress since 1956.
11-11-2011, 07:50 PM

(11-11-2011 06:01 PM)bemore Wrote:  ...im not just a "conspiracy theorist" but rather try to look at facts.

...and I respect you for that, bemore.

I see you are still bothered by the "conspiracy theorist" label, even though I explained to you before that I use it as a compliment for people (including myself) who have the courage to question official, mainstream media presentation of major issues.
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2011, 09:44 PM
I honestly don't really know what to think as the world is full of greed and corruption and it's very hard to see who is lying and/or telling the truth, scientist or not. We have no previous model to go on so it's mostly speculation. I don't think even top scientists know enough to know for certain. From what I have read/heard/seen I would be more inclined to go with bemore on this one.
The powers that be will clean up with the carbon taxing and unfortunately my country (Australia) is the lab rat!!! Behold, world, watch and learn on how NOT to do it.
If you read between the lines of what our government has said it will be the biggest emitters that will pay the least amount of carbon tax. You don't have to be Einstein to figure how that will pan out.
So, the way I figure it, even if we are causing the atmosphere to change by emitting excessive amounts of CO2, the measures that will be put in place won't change a thing except for the additional lining of the elites pockets.
Aside from that, we do need to get our acts together and look after our planet better.
12-11-2011, 08:12 AM
(11-11-2011 07:09 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  
(11-11-2011 06:01 PM)bemore Wrote:  Well seeing as you have ALL the answers MysticJbird we may as well just close this thread havent we??? Never mind the amount of evidence I am still gathering to say otherwise..............Ill just get rid.

I am not a climatologist , so my opinion doesnt matter either.
Sure don't mind giving it, though. Big Grin

Noticed how you got your peak oil mixed in with your ACC... hmmn. Tongue

Bemore is a compassionate sort, more concerned with economic chicanery as it is more immediate. Carbon tax is evidence of this nonsense.

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2011, 08:56 AM
As long as money is perceived as the axis of the world, nothing will make sense; no reasonable, logical, effective, co-operative action will be taken.
Try looking at the data, stripped of $$$ figures.
Anyway, i see the race as between fossil fuel and life on Earth. If the oil runs out soon enough, we're saved; if not, we all die. Matter of luck: nobody's in control.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
12-11-2011, 09:18 AM
(12-11-2011 08:56 AM)Peterkin Wrote:  As long as money is perceived as the axis of the world, nothing will make sense; no reasonable, logical, effective, co-operative action will be taken.
Try looking at the data, stripped of $$$ figures.
Anyway, i see the race as between fossil fuel and life on Earth. If the oil runs out soon enough, we're saved; if not, we all die. Matter of luck: nobody's in control.

You got the first part right. Love is the axis of the world.

In the second part, peak oil is more complicated that that. If you are simplifying by saying we need to find alternative fuel sources before it's too late, you got that part right too. Wink

[Image: 10339580_583235681775606_5139032440228868471_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-11-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm simplifying because it's simple. Our dependence on oil-fueled technology is finite; will end one way or another, and, as adaptable and innovative as some individual persons are, i don't see the mass of humankind changing voluntarily.
We don't need alternate sources of fuel. We need a completely different way of relating to the world, of values and endeavours, of organizing our societies, of building our homes, of feeding ourselves. All that is going to happen --- if we survive the change that circumstances of our making will force upon us in the next 50 years.

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
12-11-2011, 02:20 PM
(12-11-2011 01:35 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  I'm simplifying because it's simple. Our dependence on oil-fueled technology is finite; will end one way or another, and, as adaptable and innovative as some individual persons are, i don't see the mass of humankind changing voluntarily.
We don't need alternate sources of fuel. We need a completely different way of relating to the world, of values and endeavours, of organizing our societies, of building our homes, of feeding ourselves. All that is going to happen --- if we survive the change that circumstances of our making will force upon us in the next 50 years.

Hammer to nailhead - "Nice to meet you!"

Peterkin, I think you would really enjoy reading some of Gene Logstons books. He's not perfect, but it's the attitude that counts, and he's got a great one. "The Contrary Farmer" is one of the books that inspired me to travel teh road I have. (Not sure if you've read any posts of mine about the lifestyle I lead, but if you read the book you'll get a pretty good idea!)

Just visiting.

-SR