Man accused of faking sign-language at Mandela memorial says he 'saw angels,' has vio

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2013, 11:32 AM
Man accused of faking sign-language at Mandela memorial says he 'saw angels,' has vio
Here is an article.

Has anyone else been following the story of the mystery man who was signing at the Mandela memorial?

They have tracked him down and have discovered that he is a man who has schizophrenia. He doesn't even remember being there at the memorial and signing like he was, but he remembers being at the memorial and trying to play cool because he had a 'problem' and there were armed people.

When journalists looked into who hired him, the company is a mystery as the phone numbers he has doesn't reach anyone. I can see this man thinking he was hired (perhaps he had picked up how to sign somewhere over the years) and getting there himself to be official at the event. He had an episode mixed with current events. How did he get security passes? Surely having a lanyard with a photo attached is not all the security one has to pass to be at this extremely high profile and vulnerable event? Consider I hope he gets help and doesn't get charged, this was out of his hands and luckily things didn't go bad seeing as he was scared (as a victim of his schizo) that it could.

Some guy came to my door yesterday and flashed his little photo around his neck and asked to come in to talk about my energy bill. I was alone, so yeah- no. lol. Anyone can go out and buy those things.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
12-12-2013, 11:42 AM
RE: Man accused of faking sign-language at Mandela memorial says he 'saw angels,' has vio
Having had some mental health issues in the past myself, I found the whole thing to be quite funny.
I'm glad nothing serious happened.

“The reason people use a crucifix against vampires is because vampires are allergic to bullshit.” ― Richard Pryor
12-12-2013, 11:47 AM
RE: Man accused of faking sign-language at Mandela memorial says he 'saw angels,' has vio
I saw a news report and it was said he worked at several other functions. I'd say it is a serious thing, who knows how long this has been going on and all the deaf people being left in the dark like that. Its kinda cruel.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
12-12-2013, 11:52 AM
If he had done this at other events, I think the deaf community would have alerted someone. This isn't the kind of thing that would just go unnoticed. Not to mention there were surely hearing people in the audience that know sign.

Sounds like he had a psychotic break or was off meds or something.

Still a little strange though, if he was that far out of it how would he have known to 'fake' sign? Will be interesting to finally have the whole story after the media is done giving is bits and pieces of it.

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
12-12-2013, 12:27 PM
The signing community is claiming he has been at past events over the last year and has been just as confusing and people have called him out for awhile. I just wonder if this is something reoccurring, a sort of alter state he sometimes becomes. A childhood friend's mother (whom we didn't know was diagnosed) had us convinced (as kids) she was working undercover in the drug ring. She would go to meet people and would do things under this premise, we found out later it was all in her head. Sad
12-12-2013, 12:41 PM
How is it even possible that someone like that comes close to the US President? Blink
12-12-2013, 12:50 PM
This is a case for I&I...

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post