Man does not want to die, but he wants to have heaven

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2013, 02:30 AM
RE: Man does not want to die, but he wants to have heaven
(15-01-2013 02:43 AM)ShaSha1 Wrote:  Man is a peculiar animal. He does not want to die, but he wants to have heaven. But it is true that heaven comes after death. That means if a man wants to taste heaven, firstly he must die.

As a Drishtantoist, avoiding the matter of heaven I follow the principle: ‘Be good only for saving yourself and the world’.

I believe this is why religion has such a vice like grip on humans today. It is the fact we fear death. We fear our total nonexistence and we want to live forever. It is why religions fabricated heaven. Follow me and you will live forever, be happy and see lost ones again. It is an obvious lure for those who fear death which is the majority and it has gripped humans so strongly that extremists will actually give up their lives for this dream. No facts, no evidence but a wish they want to be true.

Humans are a peculiar animal but they share that one thing you state. Animals avoid death and try their hardest to survive just like humans. Even as some animals go extinct others have adapted to live and thrive. Humans are not different in that fact but we are unique in which we believe that we are destined to some afterlife.

I just say enjoy your time now as you have it. We will all die someday and I believe it would be beneficial to any human who could say I enjoyed life. Not say they have a long one or an active one but one they could say they simply enjoyed.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Man does not want to die, but he wants to have heaven - ShirubaDangan - 16-01-2013 02:30 AM