Man is head of the house hold rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2015, 04:54 PM
Last night I told my step mom that the next boyfriend I date is going to help me bring in money to support us. Then she said "in the bible it said that man is head of the house hold" and went off from there. So I'm supposed to let the man do what he wants because he's the man of the house and can choose whether or not to work? I'm not going to let any man sit on his ass while I make all the money is what I was trying to say. She was basically saying it's okay for the man to be lazy because he is the head and what he says goes. When I was with my ex he hardly did anything to help me finance our relationship. I did most of the money making and paid for a lot of things while he got off Scott free. He had a job here and there but he quit because of anxiety. Work comes with anxiety! So what my step mom said to me really upset me. I don't agree with her or the bible for that matter and hey it doesn't apply to me because I'm not a Christian but it still bothers me because I was preached at. I live with Christian parents. They don't know I'm agnostic and don't know I stopped following the teaching of the bible.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: Man is head of the house hold rant
What that Head of the Household sh1t was supposed to mean is that the man is required to be the bread winner. This quote from the bible is usually used to keep women at home and barefoot and pregnant etc...Step Mom has it backwards. Tell her if the man is head of the household he should act like it.
[+] 5 users Like DerFish's post
06-12-2015, 05:04 PM
Yeah, unfortunately, Christians gonna preach. I was told by my ex church to be a Proverbs woman. I bought into that for awhile even though I didn't like it 'cause God. I loved God and Jesus and drank the kool aid and wanted them to be happy and live my life pleasing them--even at the expense of my own happiness since Jesus loved us and suffered and died on the cross for us.

The bottom line is you have to do what is right for you. You are an adult. No one can tell you how you should be living--only you can decide that for yourself. I hated the Proverbs woman idea--absolutely hated it. I am so glad to be free of that way of oppressive thinking. I want a partnership with a man--not one to rule over me and tell me what to and what not to do.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
06-12-2015, 05:08 PM
The "head" of the household is where you take a shit........

(That's what 7 years in the Coast Guard does to your vocabulary..... .(head = bathroom)..)......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-12-2015, 05:09 PM
She can talk all she wants, she can't make you live by her ideals. If it gets to be too burdensome, move out and you won't have to listen. If you can't afford to move out yet, it's probably a good idea to learn how to change the subject or invent a prior commitment so that you don't have to pretend to agree with her nonsense.
06-12-2015, 05:15 PM
Time to join (at least) the last century. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
10-12-2015, 01:09 PM
.... so this particular man was the whitehead of the household?

If you don't want to have a fight, just tell them that's why it's extra-important to vet the man BEFORE you let him into the household. And if you don't want to be preached at, invest in earbuds and some mp3-playing device. It's what all the cool kids are doing.
10-12-2015, 01:18 PM
Which head?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
10-12-2015, 02:32 PM
Head of the house? Maybe it's time for a little trim.

[Image: guillotine.png]

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 4 users Like dancefortwo's post
10-12-2015, 02:41 PM
(10-12-2015 02:32 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Head of the house? Maybe it's time for a little trim.

[Image: guillotine.png]

Lol good one!