Man is head of the house hold rant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-12-2015, 02:47 PM
RE: Man is head of the house hold rant
I'd rather just bring in the money and not be head of the household. It requires too much adulting. I lack executive function.

In Japan, traditionally the man brings home the money, hands it over to the woman who manages the household, and from that she gives him an allowance to go out and get drunk with. Seems rational to me lol.

But really there is no standard anymore. Do what works.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
10-12-2015, 02:53 PM
Men who need to dominate their wives have psychological problems, control issues, usually suffer from low self esteem, had dysfunctional parents, and have trouble competing with both men and women in terms of employment, etc. They are also very immature mentally and emotionally. Most are sexually insecure and immature and see sex as a tool to dominate women. You may want to rethink being in relationship with the "Man of the household". A secure man wants an equal partner, not someone he can control and dominate and push around. A secure mentally and emotionally healthy woman does not get involved with or married to a man like that.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like izel's post
11-12-2015, 03:24 PM
When Mrs Me and Me first got together I said to her "It's important that you know who is the boss in this relationship." I then looked her straight in the eyes and said "Your'e the boss."
Works well. She knows better than me what wants doing around the house so I get a list of jobs, mend this, make that, clear out the other. Still gives me plenty of time for my own interests so keeps both of us happy.

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
[+] 1 user Likes stevec's post
11-12-2015, 06:23 PM
(10-12-2015 02:53 PM)izel Wrote:  Men who need to dominate their wives have psychological problems, control issues, usually suffer from low self esteem, had dysfunctional parents, and have trouble competing with both men and women in terms of employment, etc. They are also very immature mentally and emotionally. Most are sexually insecure and immature and see sex as a tool to dominate women.
That's uncanny, I know someone exactly like this.
11-12-2015, 06:30 PM
(06-12-2015 05:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I want a partnership with a man--not one to rule over me and tell me what to and what not to do.
I don't know, some people are into that. Blush

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
11-12-2015, 06:32 PM
(11-12-2015 06:30 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 05:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I want a partnership with a man--not one to rule over me and tell me what to and what not to do.
I don't know, some people are into that. Blush

Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-12-2015, 06:41 PM
(06-12-2015 04:54 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  Last night I told my step mom that the next boyfriend I date is going to help me bring in money to support us. Then she said "in the bible it said that man is head of the house hold" and went off from there. So I'm supposed to let the man do what he wants because he's the man of the house and can choose whether or not to work? I'm not going to let any man sit on his ass while I make all the money is what I was trying to say. She was basically saying it's okay for the man to be lazy because he is the head and what he says goes. When I was with my ex he hardly did anything to help me finance our relationship. I did most of the money making and paid for a lot of things while he got off Scott free. He had a job here and there but he quit because of anxiety. Work comes with anxiety! So what my step mom said to me really upset me. I don't agree with her or the bible for that matter and hey it doesn't apply to me because I'm not a Christian but it still bothers me because I was preached at. I live with Christian parents. They don't know I'm agnostic and don't know I stopped following the teaching of the bible.

I am 100% atheist and a feminist so the "head of household" crap never washed with me. I want a partner not a master. That being said, there are all kinds of relationship mixes that work. Many times one person pulls more financial weight than the other. There are other ways to even the workload in a household. Look for what makes you happy and let the rest go.

As for your mother.

Are you an adult? Is it her house? She has the right to her opinions in her own home. If they don't agree with yours then you can find your own home where you won't be preached at.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
11-12-2015, 07:02 PM
Man is head of the house hold rant
(11-12-2015 06:41 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 04:54 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  Last night I told my step mom that the next boyfriend I date is going to help me bring in money to support us. Then she said "in the bible it said that man is head of the house hold" and went off from there. So I'm supposed to let the man do what he wants because he's the man of the house and can choose whether or not to work? I'm not going to let any man sit on his ass while I make all the money is what I was trying to say. She was basically saying it's okay for the man to be lazy because he is the head and what he says goes. When I was with my ex he hardly did anything to help me finance our relationship. I did most of the money making and paid for a lot of things while he got off Scott free. He had a job here and there but he quit because of anxiety. Work comes with anxiety! So what my step mom said to me really upset me. I don't agree with her or the bible for that matter and hey it doesn't apply to me because I'm not a Christian but it still bothers me because I was preached at. I live with Christian parents. They don't know I'm agnostic and don't know I stopped following the teaching of the bible.

I am 100% atheist and a feminist so the "head of household" crap never washed with me. I want a partner not a master. That being said, there are all kinds of relationship mixes that work. Many times one person pulls more financial weight than the other. There are other ways to even the workload in a household. Look for what makes you happy and let the rest go.

As for your mother.

Are you an adult? Is it her house? She has the right to her opinions in her own home. If they don't agree with yours then you can find your own home where you won't be preached at.

I live with my parents. I plan on moving out next year sometime hopefully. Need a job first. There's just some things that don't sit well with me in the bible. The bible is geared more towards men being the lead the role. Why don't women get a say? I don't understand.
11-12-2015, 07:05 PM
(11-12-2015 07:02 PM)musicharmony87 Wrote:  
(11-12-2015 06:41 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  I am 100% atheist and a feminist so the "head of household" crap never washed with me. I want a partner not a master. That being said, there are all kinds of relationship mixes that work. Many times one person pulls more financial weight than the other. There are other ways to even the workload in a household. Look for what makes you happy and let the rest go.

As for your mother.

I live with my parents. I plan on moving out next year sometime hopefully. Need a job first. There's just some things that don't sit well with me in the bible. The bible is geared more towards men being the lead the role. Why don't women get a say? I don't understand.

Because that was the culture at the time. Women were viewed as property. Men were in control. As such, their laws and "stories" reflected that.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-12-2015, 07:46 PM
(11-12-2015 03:24 PM)stevec Wrote:  When Mrs Me and Me first got together I said to her "It's important that you know who is the boss in this relationship." I then looked her straight in the eyes and said "Your'e the boss."
Works well. She knows better than me what wants doing around the house so I get a list of jobs, mend this, make that, clear out the other. Still gives me plenty of time for my own interests so keeps both of us happy.

Works for me as well.

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
[+] 1 user Likes OhDannyBoy's post