Man, it feels great...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2015, 08:11 AM
Man, it feels great...
My Father In Law (Whom my wife and I haven't spoke a word to in two years) in currently in the middle of a heated battle with other Christians regarding who goes to heaven and who doesn't.

His theory is, you can be saved but if you sin again, you can be hell bound. The other two ladies he is arguing with say you can be saved permanently as long as you accept Jesus Christ as your savior.

Meanwhile, throughout this heated battle, his oldest daughter (the "loud as a motor bike but wouldn't squash a grape in a fruit fight" type), is now attacking the other two women personally. Which is gold. So Christian of them.

I'm just sitting back here watching this thinking "God Damn it feels good not to be associated with this shit anymore". I don't know that I felt this relieved when I got "saved".

Sorry, this is kind of a random post, but I've seen these types of quarrels more and more since the Supreme Court Gay Marriage ruling, and I don't really have anyone else I can vent/talk too. My wife is a Christian, however she knows my stance on things. We don't talk about it much, but when we do she is pretty open minded... But I try not to push my luck.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes NutraSteve's post
01-07-2015, 08:34 AM
RE: Man, it feels great...
I can just imagine god saying "sorry you do not get into heaven, you did not properly interpret the bible. You sinned again. Simply believing in my son as you savior is not enough. Hey lucifer, here comes another one."

You would think that an all loving deity would make the conditions to get into heaven unambiguously clear.
01-07-2015, 09:01 AM
How miserable would it be living a life based on asking forgiveness every 3 seconds? Literally, imagine walking down the street and seeing an attractive woman whom isn't your wife. The first thought you make of her could be conceived as adultery. Boom, Hell bound.

And this is totally ironic, because my FIL, who believes this, is also the same person who loves talking about how "badass" he was back in the day. And how many women he's slept with. Which I highly doubt both.
01-07-2015, 04:37 PM
(01-07-2015 08:11 AM)NutraSteve Wrote:  ... his oldest daughter (the "loud as a motor bike but wouldn't squash a grape in a fruit fight" type)...
Does she have 99 problems?

(01-07-2015 09:01 AM)NutraSteve Wrote:  How miserable would it be living a life based on asking forgiveness every 3 seconds? Literally, imagine walking down the street and seeing an attractive woman whom isn't your wife. The first thought you make of her could be conceived as adultery. Boom, Hell bound.
Reminds me of when I worked at a café. Had this older guy who was a regular, and we'd point out hot girls to each other. After a couple years, a longtime friend of mine saw me talking to him and asked, "How do you know Pastor Rusty?" Turns out even his wife would point out hot younger women to him.

Funny to think how many consider this old pastor as Hell bound because his libido still works.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post