Man, kids take super heroes forgranted these days.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Man, kids take super heroes forgranted these days.
My daughter and I were going down YouTube Lane after homework tonight, and I was showing her the Super Heroes of my youth. Shazam! Isis, Princess of Power! Lynda Carter Wonder Woman (she said "gasp! she looks like Katy Perry!"). The Bionic Man and Woman, Greatest American Hero with William Katt and his epic brofro. Great shows, one and all, but then we watched the Supergirl vs Darkseid clip from SBA. I loved my shows as a kid, but man, even Ben 10 beats all that down. People wonder why I still watch cartoons.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes happy cricket's post
14-12-2012, 04:27 AM
RE: Man, kids take super heroes forgranted these days.
meh, cartoons have gone to crapper ever since all that japanese shit decided to flood our TV screens. yu-gi-o, dragonballs z etc.. yuck.
Now it's even worst. MALE COWS DON'T HAVE UTTERS! I can't believe the TV stations continue to display cartoons with male cows that have utters despite my numerous emails in protest.

Bring back 90's cartoons. Real Monsters > BenLittleShit any day of the week son.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
14-12-2012, 04:33 AM
Oh yes, when I was 6 years old, my hero was Papa Smurf! I mean, even the TinyToons where to fast and to loud for me. Later on it was MacGyver and The Hulk...
Nowadays it is all that Japanese stuff with stories that are way to complex for kids, but for whatever reason, they like to watch it... weird to me.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-12-2012, 05:43 AM
I was an 80's child & sure do miss my old shows....if they were still on, I might actually order cable.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
14-12-2012, 07:19 AM
(14-12-2012 04:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  meh, cartoons have gone to crapper ever since all that japanese shit decided to flood our TV screens. yu-gi-o, dragonballs z etc.. yuck.
Now it's even worst. MALE COWS DON'T HAVE UTTERS! I can't believe the TV stations continue to display cartoons with male cows that have utters despite my numerous emails in protest.

Bring back 90's cartoons. Real Monsters > BenLittleShit any day of the week son.

Udders.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-12-2012, 09:54 AM
(14-12-2012 07:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 04:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  meh, cartoons have gone to crapper ever since all that japanese shit decided to flood our TV screens. yu-gi-o, dragonballs z etc.. yuck.

Udders.
Manners. Drinking Beverage

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
14-12-2012, 10:04 AM
(14-12-2012 07:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Udders.
depends on the accent.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
14-12-2012, 10:07 AM
(14-12-2012 10:04 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 07:19 AM)Chas Wrote:  Udders.
depends on the accent.

No, it doesn't.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]