Man offers 10,000 dollars to anyone who can "disprove" the literal Genesis creation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Man offers 10,000 dollars to anyone who can "disprove" the literal Genesis creation
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/cre...18499.html

But... but I... I already...

http://www.amazon.com/Atheists-Critique-...rian+shuty

So this creationist will put up 10,000 dollars and the attempted refuter must put up 10,000 dollars. They will debate in front of a judge, and the winner of the "case" wins the money. The creationist is so confident in his victories, that he's letting future opponents use the transcripts of all the people he will have beaten at that point, so that there's no repeated arguments.

The Yahoo comment section sums it up nicely:

"I will offer 10k to anyone who can prove that leprechauns doesn't exist."

"I'm offering my entire year's salary for anyone who can prove that the Greek Gods lived on Olympus."

"He has a PhD in gym class, why wouldn't we take him seriously."

"Adam and Even had belly buttons."

"Should we have a judge determine whether an airplane should be able to fly?"

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Buddy Christ's post
26-03-2013, 05:57 PM
RE: Man offers 10,000 dollars to anyone who can "disprove"
Seem as though PleaseJesus has decided to branch out. .

"Which is more likely: that the whole natural order is suspended, or that a jewish minx should tell a lie?"- David Hume
[+] 3 users Like Heathen's post
27-03-2013, 10:22 AM
RE: Man offers 10,000 dollars to "disprove" the literal Genesis creation
I suspect trechary. It sounds very similar to Kent Hovind's sceme. Few years ago. He got nailed multiple times by skeptics and refused to pay.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
27-03-2013, 11:35 AM
asshole title goes here...
Solution:

Creationist gives his "argument."

I shoot him in the head.

...but yer honor! It wasn't me! It was natural selection!"

Pointless. But peeps mention "money," and the herd's attention is bought. Besides, as a prophet, creationism is invaluable as it is the only known thing in the universe to be absolutely evil. Make it go away, and I'll be out of a job. Sadcryface2

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
27-03-2013, 06:49 PM
People who make these claims expect us to debate by their terms. As they work from a standpoint that all science is evil propaganda and have literally no idea what actual evidence is it makes it impossible to defeat them by their terms.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
27-03-2013, 07:33 PM
(27-03-2013 10:22 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  I suspect trechary. It sounds very similar to Kent Hovind's sceme. Few years ago. He got nailed multiple times by skeptics and refused to pay.

Anyone want to bet he won't pay up?!

What does it cost to do this kind of crap anyway?

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

27-03-2013, 08:33 PM (This post was last modified: 27-03-2013 08:44 PM by DLJ.)
The report says:

"the trial would not have any legal basis and would not be conducted by a state or federal government body. Instead, it would be what is known as a mini-trial, a voluntary, nonbinding courtroom model for certain settlement cases."

I wonder why?

Pity.

I would also enjoy seeing the different creation myths going up against each other.

27-03-2013, 09:10 PM
RE:
These contests are always rigged in favour of the one who proposes them, simply because he sets the standards. He will decide what "disproving" means, and certainly define it in such a way that nothing anyone says or does can qualify.

Like a man who demands proof that the science of plate tectonics is accurate, and then rejects dating methods and satellite measurements as part of "a theory that cannot be proven" since we don't have the ability to push kilometres-thick plates of rock against each other over millions of years to create a mountain. <- True story

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
27-03-2013, 09:27 PM
(27-03-2013 08:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  The report says:

"the trial would not have any legal basis and would not be conducted by a state or federal government body. Instead, it would be what is known as a mini-trial, a voluntary, nonbinding courtroom model for certain settlement cases."

I wonder why?

Pity.

I would also enjoy seeing the different creation myths going up against each other.

Fake court with money prize for the winner? I bet he pays off the 'judge'.

2.5 billion seconds total
1.67 billion seconds conscious

29-03-2013, 09:11 AM
RE:
I'd love to see him and Vassula Ryden have a discussion.

Vassula: "God told me creationsm was going to happen. I was psychic before we were all in existence"

Mastopaolo: "You're not getting my 10,000 dollars."

Leviticus does not justify stupidity, but it is more than enough to define corruption of the human mind.

[Image: 24851795.jpg]