Man offers 10,000 dollars to anyone who can "disprove" the literal Genesis creation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2013, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2013 05:24 PM by amyb.)
RE:
(27-03-2013 09:10 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  These contests are always rigged in favour of the one who proposes them, simply because he sets the standards. He will decide what "disproving" means, and certainly define it in such a way that nothing anyone says or does can qualify.

Like a man who demands proof that the science of plate tectonics is accurate, and then rejects dating methods and satellite measurements as part of "a theory that cannot be proven" since we don't have the ability to push kilometres-thick plates of rock against each other over millions of years to create a mountain. <- True story
Yeah, in my mind it plays out much like this:
[Image: dawkins.jpg]
And then the dude can say the other side wasn't proven (since he won't accept the evidence), so he won't pay up; meanwhile the side that says the genesis story is shite knows he won so he won't pay up either, etc.

Point being: you can't use logic and reason on a person who dismisses logic and reason. And if a person accepts the Genesis story literally, it's pretty safe to assume logical arguments will be dismissed by this person.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like amyb's post
31-03-2013, 07:55 PM
RE:
^ I literally lol'd at that picture.

I had exactly that discussion about two months ago. The guy demands evidence, I provide it, he declares it not-evidence, then declares I am unable to answer because I haven't yet provided any evidence.

And I'm not even referring to the tectonics thing - that was a separate incident, earlier last year. It happens so often I sometimes wonder if I am speaking through an inept translator.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post