Man prevails were the gods have failed.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 06:20 AM
RE: Man prevails were the gods have failed.
One thing -- in the first video -- perhaps I misunderstood it.

This woman is hearing stuff for the first time, right???

When the person on the right asks "Can you hear me?" -she nods- how would the (formerly) deaf girl know that is what she was saying - having never heard spoken language before?

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2015, 06:24 AM
(12-08-2015 06:10 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 01:18 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Steven Pinker wrote about this in his book The Better Angels of Our Nature. According to him violence is declining over centuries and one could say that WW II was singular event not part of the trend.

WWI and WWII are directly linked. Following WWII we had the Middle east crisis, Korea, Vietnam, and many more.

Pinker seems rather naive to me. But I hope he is right.

Well, he talk about statistics, percentage of dead in relation to number of people living, etc. There is much more to his argumentation than what I written.

His case may not be rock solid, but it's definitely worth considering.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
12-08-2015, 08:03 AM
(12-08-2015 06:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  One thing -- in the first video -- perhaps I misunderstood it.

When the person on the right asks "Can you hear me?" -she nods- how would the (formerly) deaf girl know that is what she was saying - having never heard spoken language before?

That is a good question, maybe the way English is written and how it can sound a lot like how its written as in you can usually figure out what the word is has something to do with it? I'm not sure though as I have no idea how the brain would handle that situation where signals are being sent to an area of the brain not really used before.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
12-08-2015, 11:50 AM
This also highlights he problem of evil, we humans stepped in and did something, the gods remain silent, hidden and ineffective.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
12-08-2015, 04:29 PM
(12-08-2015 01:18 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 11:18 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I'd be careful though. We just left the century where more people died in war than in the entire history of man before it.

Steven Pinker wrote about this in his book The Better Angels of Our Nature. According to him violence is declining over centuries and one could say that WW II was singular event not part of the trend.

The thing is that we are so much more efficient at killing people now that it might only take one more world war to wipe out most of humanity. It's not how many wars there are, but how destructive they are.
12-08-2015, 06:15 PM
(12-08-2015 06:20 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  One thing -- in the first video -- perhaps I misunderstood it.

She may have been reading lips and her nod meant that she heard something not necessarily that she heard and understood the words.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
13-08-2015, 08:43 AM
This is amazing. I can't wait to see what people who say science is evil have to say to this.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
13-08-2015, 08:56 AM
(12-08-2015 06:15 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

She may have been reading lips and her nod meant that she heard something not necessarily that she heard and understood the words.
Rewatch the video -- she's head down, hand over at least her right eye (and probably both) when the question is asked.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-08-2015, 10:30 AM
(12-08-2015 04:29 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(12-08-2015 01:18 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Steven Pinker wrote about this in his book The Better Angels of Our Nature. According to him violence is declining over centuries and one could say that WW II was singular event not part of the trend.

The thing is that we are so much more efficient at killing people now that it might only take one more world war to wipe out most of humanity. It's not how many wars there are, but how destructive they are.

It's possible. Though Mongol hordes are credited with about 40 millions deaths.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
13-08-2015, 12:03 PM
Ever the skeptic OnlineBiker. Smile Never loose that.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin